[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you believe the human race is actually worth saving and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 4
File: 1462520058702.jpg (178 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1462520058702.jpg
178 KB, 1440x810
Why do you believe the human race is actually worth saving and doesn't deserve to be wiped out? No ARE-YOU-KIDDING-ME-tier answers, i want you to explain to me why the human race is worth saving, and why it has any right to demand it not be destroyed
>>
There is no objective reason. There is no higher purpose. However, i want to live. Other people are required for that. And not killing people is the best way to keep them from killing me.

Short answer: I don't want the human race wiped out because I am human.
>>
File: 1462501231506.jpg (844 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462501231506.jpg
844 KB, 1920x1080
don't expect me not to break down your answers either, you can't just give me a reason and expect me to take it as fact. I need to know why the human race even has a right to exist.
>>
>>28770002
>deserve
meme. no one and nothing deserves anything,

it makes sense that the human race shouldn't be wiped out because they are the only known beings with the power to think.
>>
>>28770063
those are just your personal feelings. they are valid to you, but that is not reason for another species or god to not kill you, that is just your own animal instincts
>>
>>28770099
why does the universe require creatures that think? it doesn't. what can safely be called the entirety of the universe does not require our existence
>>
>>28770107
fuck off.
there is no other species
there is no higher powers

Only us.
>>
>>28770124
Why does the universe require existence in the first place?

Can you even prove the existence of a universe?
*this is not a rhetorical question, I genuinely would like to see you try.
>>
>>28770172
but, if say someone wished for the destruction of the human race, why would that be wrong? in what way is it inherently wrong, excluding personal feelings of course, to kill a human?
>>
>>28770219
define "right" and "wrong", then I might be able to answer.
>>
We need to step backwards a bit here.
The concept of "rights" is solely human. Concepts themselves don't exist outside human consciousness. "Rights" don't objectively exist in any context other than the emotional context of human society and interaction. Therefore, any argument made in favour of humanity's survival will be based solely within the realm of what we feel. Feelings are not real. We invented them.
>>
>>28770193
It doesn't, and you cant. the same can be said about humans as well.
>>
>>28770099
>>28770124
Honestly I think the power to think is more of a curse. We are still dumb animals deep down and everything we want and do is influenced by primitive instincts (you are criticized for being a virgin because it means you can't continue the species, etc.), but we got a little "lucky" so now we have all these strange pretenses and euphemisms and social constructs we invented to avoid having to deal with the fact that we are animals. I'm not religious at all, but it's like how Adam and Eve suddenly realized they were naked and made clothes. Well we invented civilization because of our own shame at being essentially the same as dogs and insects and shit. We are here aimlessly. There is no goal, even short term, for the human race. No matter how much "success" we get, we will still fail. It is impossible to survive. Even if we somehow make it off our planet before it dies and expand into the universe without blowing ourselves up, the universe itself is a false vacuum. That's why it expands. You know what eventually happens to a false vacuum? It turns into a real vacuum and starts deleting itself. There is no escape. There is no reason.

So don't worry OP, whether we deserve to live or not, we don't get to.
>>
>>28770107
True. If another species values war over diplomacy, we'd have to outfight them for survival. There is no right or wrong in that situation. We WOULD fight for survival.
>>
>>28770002
Because the first humans did their part to survive the harsh conditions of the world. They made a serious effort which is the only reason we're here now. It's not their fault for what society has formed into. It should be changed instead of destroyed for their sakes!
>>
>>28770250
>you can't
Then show me you can't prove it.
Incompetence is not a proof.
>>
>>28770229
i have no definition of right and wrong, right and wrong are merely words made to justify when we do or do not like something. it's not becase they are malicious, but because they truly believe their instincts
>>
>>28770262
doubt it desu, we'd roll over
>>
>>28770284
Then why do you use these words?
Do not use a word if you can't define it when asked.
>>
>>28770271
the universe has no great purpose, as purpose itself has no meaning either, so it's existence is arbitrary. i cannot prove because i can only know what i can sense, which may or may not be real. but i have no way of knowing
>>
>>28770300
sorry, that was a fuck up on my part. what i meant was, is there a reason outside of right and wrong why humans should exist? i fucked up my wording
>>
>>28770002
The answer is simple. There's no reason TO wipe out the human race. What good does it do in the long run. You can talk about how we shit up this world, but on even a galactic scale it's nothing. If we branch out and start colonizing and shitting up other worlds or whatever (unlikely), it's still a pathetic nothing from an even larger scale. There's just no point.
>>
>>28770340
Still using those words you cannot define.
>>
>>28770002

Americans are so stupid.

Almost everything you produce is garbage, and it shows with threads like these

You can never amount to the status that Canada has achieved.

Hell, I made a thread about quintessential Canadian accomplishments (CANADA ARM) a few days back, and that thread was a phenomenal success

But you people who outnumber Canadians here have all the chances to make this place better, but instead you post stupid retarded shit like this

The thread I made earlier, you fat fucks, has proven that Canadian society is hands down the better.

In fact, Canadian EVERYTHING is better.

We have better books, clothes, holidays, food, women (who don't want you), healthcare, and an overall sense of happiness here.

As opposed to AMERICA, Where over there you people are fat, miserable, shoot at each other all day, have a huge gap in income inequality, hate minorities and women, and have the highest stats in the world for crime

You fat fucks truly deserve Trump

What's funny is, is despite all of that, you Amerifats love to say that "Canada is an irrelevant nation", but the truth is is that you are fat asses who are jealous of everything we are.

Fuck you America.

You fat cunts.

You stupid pigs.

You unbelievable mongrels.

You are a nation in decline.

Your women are sluts, and your mothers are fat pigs.

When my country finally destroys yours in the coming conflicts, the rest of the world will truly be able to see how great and amazing Canada is, not only for slaughtering you like the pigs you are, but also for saving the world from your degeneracy.

In the future, when my great great whatever children are out there doing whatever in space, they will be sure to know that they are much better than the future fat and ugly space Americans
>>
>>28770362
wait, do you want a serious answer or are you just angry? i admit i fucked up
>>
>>28770264
The memory of ancestors, the family line, sentimentalism, and honoring the dead have no place in the real world. Those things matter even less than a made up deity.
>>
>>28770347
but if say someone wanted to do it on a whim, why shouldn't he?
>>
>>28770311
>the universe has no great purpose
Don't make such bold and absolute statements without showing your work.

>purpose itself has no meaning either
Does purpose not beget meaning?

>i cannot prove because i can only know what i can sense, which may or may not be real
acceptable
>>
>>28770002
There is no reason the human race is worth saving other than muh feelings, but there is also no reason it deserves to be wiped out. All of this is inconsequential so let's just allow things to play themselves out.
>>
>>28770099
Nice triple-dubs. I agree with your first part but not with the second.
>>
>>28770384
nations don't matter anon
only the individual
kill yourself pls

i am not an american
i am nothing
you want to be something so you claim to be canadian
that is the most important part of you
but it isn't real
you are nothing too
deal with it
>>
>>28770440
but what if the human race gets in my way because they hold back advancements? what if i would like to make a race greater than humans, who live longer and are stronger and smarter, but i would have to do "inhumane" experiments, for which i would be imprisoned or even killed. why shouldn't that person wipe out humanity to work in peace? including of course test subjects
>>
>>28770477
>American """""""""""""education"""""""""""""

Detracting yourself from your fat nation will not save you, you retarded obese americunt

Face it, Canada IS better.
>>
>>28770433
Purpose and meaning do not exist. Of course the universe has no great purpose. You think anything you do, say, or think matters? You think anything AT ALL matters?

And no, I will not "prove" these things to you. I don't care if you believe them or not, they are true. What would wasting time arguing accomplish?
>>
>>28770384
>>28770495
please don't be so vain as to assume any nation has any objective worth. not the other guy, but your posts are just laughably childish and reek of low intelligence
>>
>>28770514
/thread
this is the correct answer to every question ever asked
>>
>>28770483
Well if you had the power then it would come to reason that no one could stop you. But the rest of us would die trying because we don't agree with you. There is not right or wrong, humans are born not disagreeing with each other.
>>
Humans are beautiful. We ride this line between ignorance and enlightenment that makes us incredibly compelling. We move, we grow. We're dynamic.
>>
>>28770540
*agreeing

Drat, sorry for that nasty double-negative.
>>
To be honest I don't think we have any right to demand to exist. It's survival of the fittest and if we end up fucking ourselves or someone comes along and fucks us it just means we've reached the end the line.
>>
>>28770495
If there was another World War would you fight for Canada? Probably yes, I'm assuming, since you think Canada is the best and would want it to win.

Well what if you weren't born in Canada? If you were born in, say, Italy. Would you think Italy is the best country in the world and fight for it? Because most people who love their country only love it because they were born there. OR would you, when you saw the world was on the brink of war, move to Canada and join their army because, even as an Italian, you simply recognize that Canada is the best country in the world?

No, you'd fucking stay in buttfuck Italy because you're retarded and you love where you were born because naturally it must be the best place to be since you are there, you egotistical moose fucking mongoloid. Have you ever considered being even vaguely self aware?
>>
>>28770522
>American
>calling anybody else "low intelligence"

Ok, mr American

Hahah, stupid fat American

Don't you know that the education here in Canada is ranked higher?

Statically speaking, I'm more likely to be knowledgable than you, you fat fuck

Also, in the future, my own kids will be btfo'ing yours in tests, space exploration, and sports

Face it, we're better.
>>
>>28770422
I guess if had that ability, there's no conceivable reason he shouldn't. No reason to do it, no reason not to, as far as I can tell.
>>
>>28770592
i'm sure that if you continue to make petty insults it will prove you smarter than americans.
>>
>>28770002
because anon, who the fuck is gonna do it? An army of fire ants? That's the way I look at it.
>>
>>28770589
>all this American Ass ravaging

Good, let it allll out you fucking yank

Since we're talking about the future here, I'll gladly let you know that future generations of Canadians will pioneer space are far more numbers than that of Americans

Your fat descendants will be too busy shooting each other in space and fucking their 1st cousins to notice us, the superior nation, lead you in almost EVEYTHING

We will dominate in space exploration, sports, academics, and social issues

And where will you be?

Still trapped on earth, like the Montreal scum you are

Which is good, because it will be easier for my highly successful progeny to nuke you to fucking oblivion

Shame I won't be there to see them do it myself
>>
>>28770514
>Purpose and meaning do not exist
Purpose and meaning are distinct from each other. I'll say it again, purpose begets meaning.
Purpose is not an exclusively intrinsic property, therefore it can exist even within things that do not have it.

>And no, I will not "prove" these things to you
You don't do philosophical proofs for anyone but yourself.

>I don't care if you believe them or not, they are true
Show me that they are true.
If they are, it should be trivial, after all what you are claiming is extremely simple.

>>28770538
>>28770514
>nihilism
lol how's high school?
>>
>>28770637
Though my insults are better than anything you can produce, the stats are there if you google it, you retarded mong

Canada is objectively better than your Shit hole of a nation in almost every way

Your statistically more likely to fail in life than me, and it makes me feel amazing knowing that
>>
>human race

neck yourself
>>
>>28770659
oh look, the argument where you tell someone that if he realizes purpose is arbitrarily and non-existent, he is immature. sasuga, you sure showed me
>>
File: 1426860083952.png (139 KB, 318x308) Image search: [Google]
1426860083952.png
139 KB, 318x308
>>28770592

>He thinks we're different from americans.

Looks like someone hasn't done much travelling.

I can go south from saskatchewan to oklahoma or texas and find the EXACT SAME KIND of people there that I do here.

and have. Many times.

Only difference is, there are some people who have never travelled farther than a 60 miles radius their whole life.

Anyways, shut the fuck up. You make us look bad with your chest puffing and retarded bravado.
>>
>>28770717
No, my argument is that purpose can be relational as well as intrinsic.
Did you skip the entire first section of the post I just wrote?
>>
>>28770107
I have this sneaking suspicion that certain godlike beings only manifest when mankind is in a generally perilous situation. Perhaps there's some divine sentience that pulls strangely developed code from our genome and places it in circumstances that can bring about some transcendent state. Often it doesn't work, but sometimes it does. This is just a theory. One that lacks a solid body of evidence and can never be tested.

If I were such a being, I'd fancy myself a Bodhisattva. I read somewhere that this is an enlightened being who steps down from a plane of complete enlightenment to help people in the material realm. I could be mistaken, but I really like that idea.
>>
>>28770776
i did, but saying "lol hows high school" is a sign of avoiding the argument to attack the person who believes it instead. a bad person and a good person could both believe the same thing, and if it was right, both would be right regardless of age or gender. even if they themselves were stupid, the argument itself would not be if it were in fact correct.
>>
>>28770846
>saying "lol hows high school" is a sign of avoiding the argument to attack the person who believes it instead
I addressed your appeal to nihilism, this little thing was an insult, not an argumentum ad hominem. These two things are distinct by the way.

Don't avoid my argument now, show that purpose cannot be a relational property.

If you cannot this means that meaning must exist, as purpose creates meaning.

If meaning exists then nihilism is false, as nihilism states "meaning does not exist".
>>
>>28770917
because, the only true meaning is that a greater power can move a weaker power. as long as something greater can be made, the purpose of the thing weaker than it is nullified. and because there can always be something more powerful, no intrinsic meaning exists.
>>
>>28771022
Nobody here said anything about intrinsic meaning.
>>
>>28770002
I think most people should be killed. But the honest ones should form a new society free of degeneracy?
>>
>>28770699
A FUCK LEAF

You guys voted le weed man in. Come on - everyone knows you play second fiddle in North America. Think you can get the Chinese out of Vancouver?
>>
File: 1463789702923.jpg (60 KB, 649x650) Image search: [Google]
1463789702923.jpg
60 KB, 649x650
>>28770384
Canadians are Americans too though.
>>
>>28771022
I disagree. Take away a CEO's secretary and it's very likely he's reduced to a helpless shmuck. Things build off of one another, including people. A great leader sees the beauty of his community and seeks to nurture its inherent powers, protect it, and guide it when necessary IMO.
>>
>>28771058
to simplify it: meaning does not exist because consequences only exist if you are weak
>>
>>28771272
I showed you an example of meaning that must exist.

If you can't show that this meaning I just offered doesn't exist, you are wrong, because you are dealing in absolutes here.

>meaning does not exist because consequences only exist if you are weak
Meaning is not defined by consequences.
>>
>>28771272
If there were no consequences wouldn't that render life meaningless? By consequences do you mean justice?
>>
>>28770384
>All these fat fuck Americans
>mfw laughing my ass off

America is inherently a shit country.

The USA wishes it were like Canada.

Because you people are inherently evil.

I wish there would be a movie where my country, the much more superior CANADA, triumphs over the US.

But alas, the fat fucks (you specifically) allow themselves to triumph over the rest because they are fat stupid children

Fuck you America

Fuck you for the world wars

Fuck you for Robbing my country of a culture

Fuck you for spreading your degeneracy to the rest of the world

Fuck you for bombing the Middle East

Fuck you for drone strikes

Fuck you not helping Canada in the fire were having right now

Fuck you for Trump

Fuck you for ruining Europe by creating ISIS

Fuck you for 3rd wave feminism

Fuck you for spreading estrogen in the water and making girls grow breasts at the age of 9

Fuck you for normalizing the brutality and racism against blacks and brown people from the police

FUCK YOU FOR ALL OF THE WORLDS PROBLEMS

And FUCK YOU FOR NOT ACKNOWLEDGING THE FACT THAT CANADA IS BETTER THAN AMERICA

One day America...

One FUCKING day.

Fucking fat fucks.

Fuck you.

The fuck did you just say about me you little bitch? This is original as fuck.
>>
>>28771772
Our media is biased as fuck. People are paid to confuse us and obfuscate the real issues because there is a lot of power to be attained by keeping us complacent and uninformed. Our national decisions can have a massive impact on the rest of the world. It's a lot of fucking responsibility. You say we're stupid, but do you know all the intricate social dynamics of the Middle East? Russia? China?
>>
>>28771881
It's a copy pasta dude. I'm not even Canadian.
>>
>>28771941
Oh. Well shit.

Oriorioriginalo
>>
I think the human race should be allowed to try to improve itself. That would really be a spectacle I guess. I think a lot of people want to prove their ability to be great and symbiotic with the earth, it doesn't seem fair to wipe out everyone when not everyone is getting worse and more destructive.
>>
>>28770002
because i feel like it probably is the most intelligent race in the galaxy and therefore is its rightful master
>>
>>28770419
I'm saying we went wrong and the first humans had no bearing on that. If the two options are change the world or destroy the world then that would be my reason for change.
>>
Because once something is destroyed, it's hard to rebuild
Unless whoever the destroyer is keeps DNA samples or something and starts it all over in a different setting

It's a shame to have to lose all of those memories, experiences, and billions of years of hard evolutionary work/agony just because things went in the wrong direction for a bit
>>
Please beta-uprising, ISIS, meteor, aliums, anything end this existence
>>
>>28770107
Yes those are our animalistic feelings but who is going to stop us? As said there is no objective right or wrong and in the end might makes right. And us humans have the might so who's going to stop us when we all aggre that we want to live?
>>
>>28770002
The White Race is, because of the beauty and purpose it brings to the universe. Most others just destroy beauty and shit all over everything.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.