[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have any of you ever dropped out of society and become a homeless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: tmp_21349-Vagabond-453541158.jpg (342 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
tmp_21349-Vagabond-453541158.jpg
342 KB, 800x600
Have any of you ever dropped out of society and become a homeless and/or vagabond?

How was it?

I'm planning on dropping out of society and travel the world.
>>
>>28765807
I'm too scared of getting killed by a serial killer to do it
>>
File: 13231.jpg (108 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
13231.jpg
108 KB, 1920x1080
>normie fantasies
good luck senpai, go into a spiritual journey and find your true self
>>
>>28765868
I'm gonna die mentally if I stay in this clockwork society.
>>
I did the backpacker/traveller thing around asia for 3 months then australia for two years. Pretty good
>>
>>28765951
How did you earn money to get by?

I've been thinking of selling water on beaches or tourist areas, doing WWOOF'ing in larger countries, and ask around for day labour at farms or construction sites or such.
>>
>>28766003
Asia was cheap, didn't work. Just save a few thousand dollars and you could have lots of fun.
Then had a working holiday visa in australia, did construction/labouring work. There's loads of it there, can earn good money, just have to lift shit and move it around. Would usually find work through friends/people you meet at hostels.
>>
>>28766111
>few thousand dollars
wew lad, I'm not looking to have a party vacation, just hitchhike around the world for a few years without spending much money
>>
File: 1371277412383.png (80 KB, 227x215) Image search: [Google]
1371277412383.png
80 KB, 227x215
>>28765807
I used to bum around with girls I met on the internet, kind of like that homeless guy in NYC who slept with a new girl every couple of days. It was fun, but I'm getting old and I've gotta start thinking about how to get out of this state for good.
>>
>>28766111
>>28766155
But thanks for the tips.

Not sure how much we'd be staying at hostels, but there are other ways to meet people.
>>
bump for more hobo info
>>
You will not be admitted to any country, especially the EU if you dont have proof of self support.

Countries try not to let in penniless bums

Sorry to burst your bubble. You can go to mdxico or africa though
>>
>>28767469
>being this retarded
You can get working visas. How do you think backpackers get in? They're all penniless bums.
>>
Everyone has seen into the wild and wanted to do that, problem is its a lot harder than it sounds. What are you going to do for food? Where are you really headed? I've been thinking about it, I got about 2K saved and a car. I was going to buy a tent and some camping supplies and either sleep in my car or go to campsites (way cheaper than hotels, like $20 a night). Maybe travel the east coast of the US. I'd run out of money quick though between gas and food/water.
>>
>>28767469
As the guy who went to australia, the visa requirements did stipulate that you needed a minimum of $3000 aussie dollars or something to enter, but they never actually check this. Probably only if you're from a third world country and they suspect you're just trying to sponge off the system or stay permanently would they check you
>>
>>28767469
>countries try not to let in penniless bums

Syrianmigrantcrisis.png
>>
>>28767526
What about the mandatory penis inspection? Were you nervous?
>>
>>28765807

I'm thinking about getting a shitty motorcycle and traveling around like dust in wind.
>>
>>28766155
A few thousand dollars isn't much to live on for a few years senpai. You're going to want a little bit of money to fall back on if you really need it. Good luck famalam
>>
>>28767808

I'd love to do that, but again what do you do for food/gas/repairs?
>>
>>28767808
How about you lose that trip and return to anonymity?
>>
>>28765807
I plan to become one once school ends. I live in a very low class house and I can tell my mother has no idea on what to do, so I'm leaving.
>>
>>28765807
>drop out of society AND travel the world
>cut contact with society AND rely on society
>deny society AND explore society

pick one you stupid teenage faggot.
>>
>>28767839

I dont know. There is gotta be something you could do. Maybe like a job you could do on a computer and just carry around a laptop and stop by places with internet.

>>28767854

Can't stop, won't stop.
>>
>>28768084

Yeah we live in a good time for travel because you can bring your phone or lap top with you and find internet connection at any fast food place.
>>
I met a girl that hitchhiked and train hopped from north carolina to kansas in the woods the other day

I was with some friends and we were going to fuck with the degenerate druggies who smoke there and we found her instead.

I probably wouldn't ever be able to do that, I like the comfort of electricity too much
>>
File: NotAmused.jpg (50 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
NotAmused.jpg
50 KB, 380x380
>>28768177
>I was with some friends and we were going to fuck with the degenerate druggies who smoke there
You sound more degenerate than the druggies do you filthy heathen.
>>
Wouldn't it get boring exhausting really quickly though? I have considered renting out my apartment and live in a van or on a boat to escape the wagie life but my main concern is getting bored the first day.
>>
>>28768352
yeah it's very boring, if you get foodstamps you don't really have all that much to worry abouut. the less you have the less life can take from you i guess. it's alright if you enjoy travelling.
>>
>>28768352

Having a job is even more boring. Being a neet spending your life in front of the computer is way more boring. Traveling would be awesome, seeing the mountains and the ocean etc.
>>
Food is hard to come by.

Those people you see with the signs by the road? They're just trying to eat, really. Nothing too good, just some McDonalds or something.

Yeah, food, sleeping, having a blanket when its 50 out the previous night.

I knew a shit load of people from my school who ran away from home at 16 to live homelessly on the streets of California. It worked until the feds caught them and brought them back home. They still know how to hop freights trains, listen to Daze N Daze and Leftover Crack, and not shower.
>>
I'm thinking about taking the money I have saved and moving to a state like Wyoming.

I have about $7,000 saved up. I don't know if that's enough.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.