[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there actually any legitimate way to work online? The majority
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1463600123923.png (540 KB, 853x960) Image search: [Google]
1463600123923.png
540 KB, 853x960
Is there actually any legitimate way to work online? The majority of shit I see is surveys which give you like $5 a month, at best there are transcription ones that take fucking forever to do and are not worth the money at all

Is there anything that even remotely compares to the time/money ratio of a real job that I can do from home? I'm really desperate for money, and I love being productive, I just really don't want to interact with the real world in any way
>>
You used to be able to do shit for a few bucks, but now there are 10 billions indians to compete with.
good luk
>>
There were some good ones years ago that payed like $10 an hour to skype with website owners and test their sites out. Now it seems they are all pyramid schemes. They pay you to advertise their site and only pay you if you get people to do what you're doing. Then they don't pay you at all or for months.
>>
A friend of mine does IT work from home, but that pretty much requires actual IT experience and a degree to boot.

I work IT not from home, but I'm hoping to eventually get to that point. I'd love to just move anywhere and not worry about finding a job afterwards.
>>
IT is a goldmine for home working, especially web development
>>
>>28764547
>>28764586
I did focus on IT when I was still in education, but I'd still need to suffer through having a normal IT job in order to get to the working from home stage, so it kind of renders it all pointless, my problem is that I can't motivate myself to get an irl job in the first place

Guess I'm just fucked
>>
>>28764631
Just make a game or some shit. UE4 has a weird license where you only pay for it if you actually make money, and it seems pretty easy to work with.
>>
>>28764657
I guess that would be my best bet, as unreliable as it would be
>>
>>28764631
i mean look man i know this is r9k but life aint fair - u gotta put in the hard yards to make good shit happen

although some might say its more fair this way
>>
>>28764712
I GUESS

Wish I was born like 100 years in the future, or even like 50, then there'd be online jobs left right and center
>>
>>28764823
haha yeah i feel ya

but the planets gonna be all fucked up by then im sure. or at least some widespread problems
>>
>>28764509
I want to get like 5 dollars a month. Where can I do these surveys?
>>
>>28764537
Just like real life...
what can we do?
>>
Learn to build websites.

Call local businesses and offer to build sites.

Literally the easiest business to start. I would do this if I wasn't a richfag.
>>
>>28765025

In this digital world there's up to three things to do:
>>
i'm good at level designing and can use most engines editors... any good for money making?
>>
>>28764509
This is just a bunch of people saying what they would do, or what people they know have done. Nobody here has any actual experience with working it from home. If they had, like I have, they would tell you its nearly impossible to get a job and its not a practical way to earn money at all.
>>
>>28764657
>just learn how to draw, and create music and seamlessly blend the two with interesting and engaging gameplay

For fuck sake. The engine doesnt do all the work for you
>>
>>28765136

this is me >>28764586
i worked from home in low level sysadmin and helpdesk for a short period of time and it took me < 6 months to get to that point

i was lucky but its possible. obviously i had to do a lot of work with people face to face prior to that but its still answering op's question
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.