[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you be better off having friends who constantly disrespect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: consider-the-following.jpg (24 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
consider-the-following.jpg
24 KB, 600x451
Would you be better off having friends who constantly disrespect and patronise you, but at least you get invited to things some of the time. Or would you be better off having no friends?
>>
I had a lot of people I thought were friends, but were just acquaintances.

I'm honestly better off alone than with people who just tolerate me.
>>
having friends. depends if they were actually your friends or not, if they were dicks to you 100% of the time then fuck no but if you were just the target of banter it would in most cases be worth suffering through
>>
>>28761012
no friends
or endure it and make new feiends through them, then ditch them

ive been there
>>
They aren't really your friends to be honest, no matter how you might try to rationalize it. They are people you hang out with. Use the relationship to get something you want, or cut them off if you feel it is no longer worth the hassle of their rudeness.
Either case is bad though. No friends can lead to a harmful lack of energy or useful connections. You may become isolated and strange. There's a such thing as a real friend though I think. Try making some new ones, if you can. In the mean time, you might be better off by yourself.
>>
>>28761012
> NO FRIENDS, NO DOUBT..
personal experience.
being a bit of a homo women take a liking to me naturally so I have an abundance of femme friends.
>>
File: 1460536653590.png (277 KB, 582x594) Image search: [Google]
1460536653590.png
277 KB, 582x594
>>28761012

You would be better off having no friends.

I had the first set, you delude yourself, forcing yourself, to think they they actually like you
But eventually it just becomes constant insults, it goes from ironic jabs, to unironic actual hate.

Yet you cling to it, because its the only thing you have, until you realise you're not being invited to anything they do, and you realise they don't actually like you, and perhaps never had, at best they tolerated you.

Your best bet is hanging out with legitimate autists/complete outcasts, as at least that way you can have a genuine friendship with them, rather then sticking to pseudo normalfags and their bullshit

speaking completely from personal all experience here, if you have those types of people CUT any ties with them right now
>>
Try being the only one out of your friends without a girlfriend, i'm not ugly but I have anxiety and no money so I can't even date.

It's so annoying if I go out to hang with one of them they'll bring their gf without even mentioning it -.-.
>>
>>28761195
lmao. keep lurking, you'll get the hang of it eventually
>>
>>28761195
Yeah, it's especially terrible when a friend who was a long time NEET like yourself is suddenly in a serious relationship with some girl, and you're still single for the long haul. I wouldn't even mind that much to be honest if they didn't become joined at the hip basically. Betas and their gfs man.
>>
>>28761012
I prefer my Skype friends I've known for 7 years but have never seen in person to my normie friends I've known for my whole life. I'm actually not a bad looking guy at all, but Chad 1 and 2 always make me feel like I'm at the bottom of the totem pole. They're also get extremely butthurt when called out on any little thing, due to their tiny emotional ranges. It's like maintaining a fucking romantic relationship.
>>
>>28761012
from my experience of the latter, i would say the former
>>
>>28761236
I had that happen to me in high school.

>One of the few people I would have considered an actual friend gets a girlfriend
>His girlfriend is this vegetarian, religious, emo(I think), twilight fangirl
>She got passed around quite a bit, and was never single long
>Was my friend's turn to be her boyfriend I guess
>Almost instantly after they start dating he becomes a vegetarian, and then later he starts going to church
>Becomes really annoying and faggy, and is never without her
>One day he posts about how they broke up on Facebook
>Gave him the "you're better off without her" speech, but he sperg'd out on me
>Stopped talking to him after that
>>
>>28761012
as long as you keep an emotional distance shitty friends are great, add some fulfilling conflict to your life and maybe make real friends by talking shit about them at parties
>>
>>28761012
Having friends. At least I could learn to socialize.
>>
I have 301 friends on Facebook and they all let me like their stuff. Women want me, men want to be me.
>>
Genuine disrespect, no. Fuckin around and throwing banter hell yeah why not.
>>
>>28761293
Oh wow, time for a greentext I guess:
>Best buds with this dude since we were kids.
>He has a girlfriend in high school and gets burned. Literally, she waits until he fixes her car to dump him. Finally gets over the girl but becomes a lifelong alcoholic, not that I'm judging. What a bitch though. Figure he's learned his lesson.
>So the years pass, we're in our 20's shooting clays out at his family's farm, riding around on tractors and shit with his cool folks. Or just hanging out and playing some vids. There was always something to do.
>Suddenly he meets this girl at a beach party. He got a hookup. Cool.
>Realize she isn't going anywhere, and unlike the last gf this one's around all the time.
>They move in together, to a house in town, and we still hang out but mostly it's like pulling teeth now to get him to do any of the stuff we used to.
>Get tired of this, and also did not want to see the fallout of when that relationship finally breaks apart.
>We don't talk anymore
It's like that woman just drained the life out of him.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.