[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will autism be the hip new trend for normies to pretend to have?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1424991401624s.jpg (7 KB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
1424991401624s.jpg
7 KB, 240x232
When will autism be the hip new trend for normies to pretend to have?
>>
>>28759863
Its already started.
>>
That'll happen when I finally reorganize so my reaction folder and fap folder doesn't crossover.

So, never.
>>
It's already starting. You'll still be hated because it's only cool if Chad does it.
>lmao I'm such a nerd xD I love geek stuff
>omg my social anxiety at this party
>bro I used to be depressed and suicidal but then I got better by jus bein myself
>>
it wont be imo. its not the same type of thing as lolsorandumxd OCD and ADHD. it's just weird and awkward, and not in the
>cute shy nerd glasses boy, what a weirdo :3
kind of way. 90% of outcasts i knew in middleschool and highschool had aspergers, its not well-received by normoos
>>
File: 1458722500204.gif (1 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1458722500204.gif
1 MB, 600x338
No. Unless the dialogue shifts dramatically or somebody famous is found to be autistic in a sensationalist news story, no.

Yes, there will always be people who claim to have autism for attention. That said, many of the attention whores do, in fact, have autism, and autism isn't exactly the first thing a normie would claim to have in order to garner attention. It carries too much stigma.

Every time some whacko snaps and shoots people, the first thing you hear out of people's mouths after "ban guns" is "he was autistic; look at his creepy fucking face." The top autism "charity" in the country is a thinly-veiled eugenics program run by people who aren't autistic. Fuck, even the name "Asperger" has been struck from the DSM, in a move that was probably related to this:
http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2015/08/autism-history-aspergers-kanner-psychiatry/398903/

and which is probably intended to skew the narrative about autism towards stigmatization and negativity.

Your perspective has likely been skewed by the internet, particularly /r9k/. Autism carries negative social credit in the real world. And claiming to have autism is different from "pretend(ing)" to have it. Nobody is going to deliberately ACT autistic, because that behavior poorly received in society. Autism carries such stigma that if you're noble, competent, and likeable enough that people don't hate you, then you must not be autistic. "Autistic" is inherently synonymous with "bad."

If you want my honest opinion, we're going to be the opposite of chic in a decade or less. They're going to prenatally screen for and abort us, because the vast majority of parents won't want a child with the word "autistic" attached to him or her.
>>
Check that new Ben Affleck movie trailer. "The accountant" or something
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.