[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>weed is not addicted. How true is this bullshit? I smoke
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5
File: weedposter.jpg (50 KB, 334x488) Image search: [Google]
weedposter.jpg
50 KB, 334x488
>weed is not addicted.
How true is this bullshit?

I smoke weed but its such a fucking hassle to get it so I rarely smoke it and just go to the cigar shop and buy amarican made cigar for 2$. Weed is expensive as fuc. Even if its 10 for a gram
>>
>>28757540

that american cigar wont get you high.

as for how addictive it is, it varies. some people are more prone to addiction then other. some people are addictive. some are obsessive. some people never experience a problem. some are no better than meth heads for some reason.

quit and find ou twhere you fall on the spectrum. booze maybe?
>>
>>28757571
This.
Weed is different for everyone in all respects.
It can be physically addictive, despite protests from dudebros, but you're "probably" not going to suck dick for it.
>>
>>28757540
>10 for a fucking gram
>bad by any means
You're insane! A gram can go up to $20 are you buying shit weed or something?!
>>
>>28757609

>"probably"

killed me
>>
>>28757623
>paying away potential investments into your future on "good weed".
Keep telling yourself that shit is fulfilling you on a fundamental basis
>>
The withdrawal symptoms aren't dangerous or anything close, they're just really annoying.
It takes a lot of time to get addicted to it, but it's still a common outcome. This is especially true if it's easy to come by and you have plenty of leisure time.

Remember folks: Weed makes boring things good and good things great. Weed doesn't make bad things good.
>>
>>28757609
do you even know what "physically addicting" means?
and no, its not physically addicting
>>
>>28757540
its the high thats addicting, not weed its self. If you smoke all day everyday for a while, you start to become addicted and start to depend on it.

if you're the kind of guy to get high once a day off a small bowl, you won't get addicted.
>>
File: 1437970825527.jpg (129 KB, 1024x666) Image search: [Google]
1437970825527.jpg
129 KB, 1024x666
>>28757623

Here in Shithole, Louisiana it's about $20 for a gram of dirt weed and $40 for a gram of "good" or "purp" weed that your friends get from some random nigger in the ghetto and when you weigh it out it's actually 1/2 or 1/3 of a gram! So it's technically $80 a gram!

Thank god for the dark web. Tomorrow I'll have a $100 half ounce, so that's $7 for a gram.
>>
>>28757763
t. Never smoked weed
t. Still fully cucked by existence
Getting high once in a while is OK anon, daily smoking is what's degenerate
>>
Weed is most definitely addicting. The desire for the high can be pretty intense and can make you do things that you normally wouldn't in order to get it again. Before I made her quit my fiance gave some guy a hand job in order to get some weed. Obviously she didn't want to do it but the cravings were just too much for her to handle.
>>
>>28758711
I live in vancuover and I get to pick a gram of any strain i want for around 10 bucks. Shit's cash.
>>
>>28757540
>How true is this bullshit?

It's true in the sense that THC itself is not *physically* addictive, like how vicodin or something like that would be.

But it can still be psychologically addictive. You can form a psychological addiction to just about any habit/activity.

You should look at weed the same way you look at alcohol. It can be fun and help you enjoy social situations, but don't make it part of your daily routine or you'll start seeing side affects.

Moderation is key.
>>
>>28757540
Depends on the person. I just quit about two weeks ago after smoking daily for three years and I haven't gotten the shakes or anything. I was bored as hell for the first few days, but I just started working out and reading more. I'm also drinking a lot more coffee for some reason, and I'm dreaming again. I probably had dreams while I was smoking, but they're much more vivid now. Woke up crying like a bitch from one this morning, that was weird.
>>
>>28758612
>Physical addiction occurs when your body becomes so dependent on a substance or drug your cells cannot function without it. The withdrawal effects nausea, vomiting, headaches are the body telling you it needs more of the substance to return to its new (artificial) state of normalcy.

If you've never experienced acute marijuana withdrawal yourself and get all your information from braindead potheads, then I don't know what to tell you.

Those symptoms are experienced by heavy users and can last a few weeks.
>>
>>28758800
Cuckin KEK
Enjoy your marriage while it lasts anon
>>
File: 20160308_184221.jpg (678 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160308_184221.jpg
678 KB, 1920x1080
>>28757540
>smoking American cigars
fucking gross.

Also:
>live inna Oregon
>legal weed
>potshops have $5/gram Fridays
Don't smoke it because I'm not a degen but I thought you guys paying $20 would like to know

Video related.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKMaU7jHjYc
>>
>>28758938
You mean what I'm going through? >>28758921

It's not that bad. My brain's probably going through some weird chemical shit right now, thus the dreams and hook to caffeine, but I'm not driving myself up a wall or anything. Also not really craving it, I'm starting to realize how much better I am at my hobbies and how much more I can get done sober.
>>
I smoked heavily for more than a year and when I was dry/broke I would get physical withdrawal symptoms. Nausea powerful enough that I puked sometimes, sweating and chills, anxiety, and cravings. It took me a while to quit and I still sometimes use it, but not for months at a time.
>>
>>28758992
Eh not really.
I'm just saying it can be physically addictive as well as mentally.

Not everyones going to get sick when they stop, but some do. Pretending weed is the safest drug on Earth doesn't change that.
>>
>>28759047
Damn, that's a hell of a lot more intense than what I went through.
>>
>>28759047
Me too.
I actually can't eat solid food for days without puking.
>>
>>28757540
No, cannabis is not physically addictive, and $10/g is cheap. Don't complain.
>>
>>28759067
First thing I did in the morning was rip a bong, last thing I did was rip a bong. And I smoked pretty much every 2 hours in between, except when working, but it took about 24 hours for the real withdrawal symptoms to appear, so I could handle 10 hours sober fine.

You have to something akin to that for a year to get withdrawal I think. But it is real, and feels very shitty.
>>
>>28758938
Maybe I'm more evolved than the average human but I've smoked pretty heavily for the past 6-7 years and never experience those symptoms when I take a break. If anything, I just become a little more irritable
>>
>>28759108
I'm >>28758921, so I was on three years. I did smoke at work sometimes when I was working retail, usually in my car during lunch, but couldn't do it after I got into construction. Other than that, yeah, two hours was the median. Like I said, I guess it just depends on the person.
>>
>>28759112
Well I do, after smoking for about 16 years.

It's not bad enough to stop me, but it just bothers me when people say it' not physically addictive as fact.

Weed is a strange drug.
Makes some people high, puts others in a coma. Some people never get high from it, others only every get bad trips.

Messing with your brain that often is never 100% safe.
>>
>>28758833

It's what happens when you buy weed from white people 'eh?
>>
>>28759182
You mention dreams. The worst side effect IMO is that it takes away your dreams. I love dreaming. Dreaming is my second favourite escape after marijuana.

I'm high on edibles right now, which seem to be far less addictive. You come up slower, don't peak as hard, and come down slower. There's less of a burn out afterwards.

I wish I had money for some Stilton cheese right now so I could dream tonight.
>>
weed is for fags

kills brain cells
makes you lazy
poison your soul
>>
>>28759112

This. I smoked for a good year and half straight (smoked every day, usually high for about a third of every day. More on days I had off) and when I stopped I didn't have any withdrawal symptoms besides being a little grumpy for the first 3-4 days after quitting.

I get the feeling people who experience weed "withdrawals" are just people with insanely low thresholds to addiction. Like people who get "addicted" to food.
>>
>>28759112
No, you're fine, anon.

To reiterate, marijuana is not physically addictive. Any claims without empirical evidence is merely anecdotal nonsense that can be safely dismissed.
>>
>>28759288
Perhaps in combination with other drugs such as steroids, nsaids, antidepressants and antipsychotics it will make you sick.

I have nothing to back that up with though, just a hunch. Maybe it's just personal chemistry.
>>
>>28759273
How can you poison your soul if you've already sold it for the Devil's lettuce?
>>
>>28757540
Anyone who smokes is a fucking dead beat. They smell like shit and have no education past 9th grade. Literally the shit scraped off the bottom of the septic tank.
>>
>>28759112
this. you get grumpy for a week. not exactly a big deal
>>
>>28759382
Anyone who drinks is a fucking dead beat. They smell like shit and have no education past 9th grade. Literally the shit scraped off the bottom of the septic tank.
>>
>>28759406
>Anyone who huffs is a fucking dead beat. They smell like shit and have no education past 9th grade. Literally the shit scraped off the bottom of the septic tank.
>>
>>28759377
>Devil's lettuce

exactly
this shit is fucking nuts

the only reason people "see" it as normal is because its been just slammed in your face for so long that it doesnt do anything and its good for you and this and that

in reality who knows what the fuck that is actually doing

its not in the bible
>>
>>28759345
i agree with you but you write like a fag
>>
>>28759415

Internets not in the bible either. Guess we should stop using it.
>>
>>28759418
I'm sorry that you cannot handle something even mildly approaching academic vernacular, grade-school underage anon-kun.
>>
>>28759415
We should really adhere to the norm of Biblical times and smoke opium instead.
>>
>>28759406
Jokes on u bitch im a str8 edge. Eat shit.
>>
>>28759481
Anyone who posts on 4chan is a fucking dead beat. They smell like shit and have no education past 9th grade. Literally the shit scraped off the bottom of the septic tank.
>>
>>28758938
you can get withdrawal symptoms from psychological addiction too, and if it was physical addiction you would get withdrawals after like a week of daily use
>>
marine iguanas are a plant.

It grows from the ground.

If you're a gardener, and not a statist, weed should be free. Our foreskin-founding fathers bought niggers to pick their weed, and stuffed bud in their tobacco pipes more often then tobacco. The only reason you don't hear about it is because ethanol is all the rage in history, plus ronald 'reggie' Reagan's war on durgs. To quote Franklin Pierce, 'There's nothing left to do but get drunk.'

Its just if you're puffin your pipe more than you're cutting lumber or whipping niggers, you're doing it wrong. Faggot stoner junkies that sit around getting baked playing vidya gaems are subhuman degenerates with the conscious willpower of gerbils. Land-owning white male farmers know it is a herb of gods, that must be shrouded in secrecy.

There's other plants that grow from the earth, too.
>>
>>28759453
how far up your nose can you push your glasses nerd
im a fucking english major, i could speak like that if i wanted but im not a pretentious dickhole
its 2016, stop talking like its 1920
>>
>Getting withdrawal symptoms from weed

You guys are seriously joking right? If your getting withdrawal from weed doing it wrong. The only effect is in some people get paranoid and higher levels of lucidity that can put people off guard, but that happens when your high not after or if you haven't used in a while.
THC is a very slow metabolizing compound so your not going notice the drop in high.

If you want to see the worst withdrawal symptoms try chronic alcoholism. Delirium Tremons and alcohol halucenosis is fucking terrifying and painfull shit.
>>
>>28759415
"If it is in the Quran, than we already know it and therefore do not need it. If it is not in the Quran, than it is blasphemy and should therefore be destroyed."-Caliph Omar, before ordering the burning of every scroll in the Library at Alexandria by using them as fuel for heating bathwater.
>>
>>28759545
Hol up, what ur saying is we gots to use ebonics?
Nigga wat.
>>
>>28759573
Simply because the symptoms are non lethal and extremely mild doesn't mean they don't exist.
>>
File: 1463502510562.gif (182 KB, 226x224) Image search: [Google]
1463502510562.gif
182 KB, 226x224
>>28759545
>Actually using the current year as an argument

haha end urself my man
>>
>>28759573
But anon! You don't understand! He said so therefore it means it is true!
>>
>>28759493
nice b8. Pot meet kettle.
>>
>>28759493
Also irrelevant to the topic, kys faget.
>>
File: 1463279984686.jpg (752 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1463279984686.jpg
752 KB, 1920x1080
>>28759578
>>28759429
>>28759478
ahh people dont like it when you mention its not in the bible

they know its wrong

using weed recreationally is PHARMAKEIA sorcery

in my opinion

its abuse. its a sin

christians dont smoke weed if they do theyre the edgy christian who only is a christian by name because their parents make them go to church their whole life
>>
>>28759545
>english major
Wow an english major, fucking bow down to this bitch rn guys he aint fukin around.
>>
>>28759680
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h8-SBO-RKo
>>
>>28759691
learn2read
>>
>>28759680
Lol r u autistic?
It is a natural plant that god made
If god mase it then its obvious that he intends it to be used.
Christians smoke and drink too, you arent supposed to abuse it thats all.
>>
>>28759717
Oh shit u can perform a basic human function, congrats. This is some ground breaking shit right here.
>>
>>28759736
no god also made devils breath and poison ivy and deadly wild mushrooms that will kill you in one bite

god doesnt support all plants some of them are completely demonic tempters

Genesis 3:17
... cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
>>
>>28759784
God's so based. Floods an entire civilization because he doesn't like them and then he puts poison and malady on the Earth because he let Satan troll us.
>>
>>28759082
I bought 180 grams of afghan hash for 20'000 pakistani rupees (200$) and its great too one joint and im tripping balls
>>
>>28759894
no he says righteousness will prosper yo

if you do whats right no evil can come across you

literally the whole bible

and if you did eat a deadly mushroom on accident oh well youre going to heaven still
>>
I only smoke indica. Sativa fucks with my brain and gives me really weird and uncomfortable feelings. Anyone feel like this?
>>
>>28760095
What I get is usually a mix of the two. That's the case for most weed these days, a lot of strains are hybrids. I prefer Sativa to Indica, the latter just makes me want to pass out, especially after coming home from work.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.