[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"If it's meant to be, it will happen" Is this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 1279043403600.jpg (18 KB, 300x427) Image search: [Google]
1279043403600.jpg
18 KB, 300x427
"If it's meant to be, it will happen"

Is this a stupid mindset to have?
>>
Yeah. It sounds cool and it's a good excuse for doing things you shouldn't have done sometimes, but it's a shitty mentality.
>>
>>28754862
>Is this a stupid mindset to have?

Yes. The most unmotivating shit ever uttered holy fuck
>>
>>28754862
Right idea but retarded way of thinking about it.
>>
it basically means that we are not in control of everything in our lives

not a stupid mindset to have, but at the same time it can be limiting
>>
>everything happens for a reason

What the hell does this even mean? Is this a godfag thing? I'm pretty sure I've heard atheists say it, but that doesn't make any sense
>>
>>28754862

Yes, that is part of the "just world" fallacy.
>>
>>28754921
>>28754937

I probably didn't phrase it right, but that general idea seems to be thrown around a lot
>>
File: 1426576792473.jpg (179 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1426576792473.jpg
179 KB, 1280x800
>>28755050
Thrown around by weak pieces of shit that need to convince themselves that it isn't their fault.
>>
>>28755070
says the alpha male on r9k
>>
>>28755239
Says the teenage "male" that has been shitposting on reddit9k all summer and thinks he's so disconnected and cool because he pretends to not care about being a piece of shit.
>>
If it is true then i guess the universe/world/god hates me and i am just meant to have nothing positive happen to me.
>>
>>28754862

kinda. you gotta actually work for things. whether its a job or a girl, you gotta put in the effort. that sort of saying is meant for people who go too far.
>>
Pretty much all of those types of sayings are crap used by people to justify their actions or things that have happened to them in an effort to make themselves feel better or motivate them
>>
>>28755285
no, I do care. too much though, and it's out of my control anyway so maybe if it's supposed to work out, it will.
>>
It's good enough to last until you are old and whistful, then everything is hindsight so it's true
>>
>>28754862
It depends what you're applying the mentality to. To things you have literally no control over, it's fine, but that is rarely the case. If you're actively doing everything in your power to get the desired outcome it is good to keep in the back of your head incase you fail.
>>
>>28755285
i like this post. still brucie and zyzz are dead and my beta ass is still alive.
>>
This is pretty alpha way to think. You give your own meaning to things so you basically believe that what ever you go for you will achieve, if you dont, it wasnt what you really wanted.
>>
>>28755668

what you had there (til the end) was just the basic existential standpoint. like sissyphus' story.
>>
>>28755440
I did pretty much all that I could. I met a really great girl right before she moved away and we kept in contact for a while but the circumstances of it all were basically impossible to work with. I don't worry about it, but it's something that is hard to forget about. I just have a feeling that maybe things will change down the road if it's meant to be, etc, etc...
>>
File: 1433955514469.jpg (12 KB, 300x216) Image search: [Google]
1433955514469.jpg
12 KB, 300x216
>>28755024
Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid and make bad choices.
>>
Is there a word for the philosophy of avoiding philosophy?(inb4 lazy/stupid)

I've studied a lot of philosophy, purely for fun, and find that the best way to live life is just not to think too hard.
>>
>>28754862
"God has our lives all planned out for us, just sit back and relax"

is this a stupid mindset to have?
>>
>>28755862
It's called being a practicalist
>>
>>28755862

Stupider you are, harder you have to think.
>>
Mindsets are just tools for reaching goals, if your goal is peace of mind then that's a good mindset.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.