[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I quit a job? I got my first job as a car painting apprentice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1461300551790.jpg (1 MB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461300551790.jpg
1 MB, 1440x1080
How do I quit a job? I got my first job as a car painting apprentice but I want to quit and try and get a part time job while trying to get into uni but I can't fricken quit. Do I leave a voice message? What do I dooo. I'm thinking of killing myself to save me from this. Who here /social anxiety disorder/ and how do you deal with situations like these
>>
>>28752892
Try sticking it out for at least a month then give a 2 week notice to your boss. Or just don't bother going in anymore and ignore their phone calls.
>>
Just stop going to work you doofus
>>
>>28752924
What if I need then for a reference. It's my only job
>>
>>28752942
How long have you been there? You aint gonna get shit for a reference if you've been there less than 6 months.
>>
>>28752919
I can't go another month. I hate it. The boss is a major Chad and he will call me and call me and tell at me if I don't go
>>
>>28752977
Idk like 2 months, is it a normal thing for people to stop going? I thought you had to let then know
>>
Tell your boss that you're planning to quit as soon as possible. You don't have to be a fucking Chad to be able to do this, and don't spout that social anxiety meme shit at me.
>>
>>28753006
What if he ctfo at me? He's a Maori and is prone to getting angry
>>
>>28753032
As long as he's not a major irrational asshole he really has no reason to act like that if you tell him about your resignation with time.

I could imagine that he could get mad if you suddenly stop showing up without telling him or leaving early, since the guy was likely relying on you and will have to fill up your spot when you leave.

Oh, and preferably do it in person too. Don't be a passive aggressive cunt, keep it polite and professional, you don't want your boss to be mad at you when you quit since future employers can sometimes call past employers to figure out what kind of employee you were. Probably not that much relevant since you were only working for 2 months but still.
>>
Type up a formal letter of resignation, anon. It's the proper way to do things.

I work at a company with a high turn-over (and have myself quit, only to change my mind) and this is such a frequent occurrence, all the managers need to see is an envelope from you to know you want to resign.

>Dear (What's your boss's name?) in order to focus on university I have made the decision to resign from the position of (what's your job title?)...

If you want to keep on your boss's good side for the benefit of a reference, add that you are happy to work a 'notice period' of 2 weeks (or however long your contract specifies), but make sure to also specify the final day of your employment
>...effective from (what date do you want to leave)

This is literally the most respectable way to do things because everyone knows resigning can be awkward.
>>
>>28752892
Tell them the Ukranian mob kidnapped your daughter and you have to travel to eastern europe in a cesna to free her from her sexual slavery before she gets too full of rancid cum and AIDs and perishes.
>>
>>28753918
nah if you really wanna hit two birds with one stone. You call 911 and tell them you're planning a mass shooting at the workplace if you have to work another second. This way you will lose your job and be put in a mental institution and if all works out you will get neetbux.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.