[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mental Illness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 10
File: [tomoko intensifies].gif (178 KB, 500x411) Image search: [Google]
[tomoko intensifies].gif
178 KB, 500x411
I was diagnosed with bipolar fairly recently. Any advice that I should know? Should I actually take the meds they keep giving me? Is it manageable or should I just end it now?
Also mental illnesses thread.
>>
File: ayanami21.png (187 KB, 336x523) Image search: [Google]
ayanami21.png
187 KB, 336x523
Take meds, feel good, take meds, feel good. Thats your life
Faggots tried to lock me down to psych ward but some documents were wrong, fucking docs
>>
Yes, take the fucking meds, dont be a conspiratard, the meds help.
>>
File: ayanami18.png (118 KB, 233x546) Image search: [Google]
ayanami18.png
118 KB, 233x546
>>28751619
Shit they help, after them you are dead. Take them while you can and then end it. They help for that time
>>
>>28751619
I'd rather be fucking dead than take my bipolar meds. They make me feel like a zombie with no emotions.
>>
File: shinji.png (365 KB, 500x631) Image search: [Google]
shinji.png
365 KB, 500x631
>>28751702
I fucking cant. They will give me shitton of meds and I will stop feeling. I dont want that but there is no fix for me why do I even exist wtg!!!#
>>
File: 1462770169263.png (179 KB, 538x601) Image search: [Google]
1462770169263.png
179 KB, 538x601
>>28751702
I'm on risperdal now and I've heard that it can cause really subdued emotions, but I haven't reached there yet. Is it just a matter of time?
>>
>take the meds
>they sort of work but the side effects are terrible/they don't work
>stop taking the meds
>feel better
>feel worse again
>attempt suicide/voluntarily admit
>mental hospital
>back on the meds

Rinse and repeat until you succeed at killing yourself. Enjoy the ride OP. I'm sorry.
>>
File: ayanami4.png (275 KB, 398x616) Image search: [Google]
ayanami4.png
275 KB, 398x616
>>28751734
Just take your fucking meds, without them or with them you are a lost soul
>>
>>28751541
Take it from Someone who grew up with a bipolar and occasionally psychotic mother: You should take the meds. And yes it is manageable and you can still live a relatively happy life if you commit to your treatment
>>
File: ayanami3.png (258 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
ayanami3.png
258 KB, 500x700
>>28751859
>being a liar
HE IS DEAD
>>
>>28751900
Stop trying to be edgy.
>>
Who else have been in a psychiatric hospital?

I have gone to a psychiatric day-hospital for about 1 month now, and I see no progress at all.

I get the feeling it is nothing but a money-making machine.

I feel like I am going nowhere.
>>
>>28752066
Unfortunately the whole pharmaceutical industry is a money making system.

>>28751541
But to OP and the rest, please take your meds. Despite coming from a money making system, such as the pharma industry, the meds do help. And don't fall into the trap of "oh I'm feeling much better now, I must not need to take my meds anymore". You feel better because of the meds. It's so fucking common for people to stop their medication because they feel better only to go back down again after stopping. So unless your doctor tells you to, don't stop taking your meds. If they are not working for you go talk to your doctor, he will prescribe something else.
>>
File: what-00059.png (191 KB, 419x398) Image search: [Google]
what-00059.png
191 KB, 419x398
>Look at printoff I got from the doctor because I have the flu
>PTSD listed
I don't remember this
>>
File: 1370135084702s.jpg (9 KB, 250x233) Image search: [Google]
1370135084702s.jpg
9 KB, 250x233
>tfw you understand how ruthless mental illness actually is

I was fit to meme on it many moons ago, but dealing with my anxiety lately has been a fucking nightmare.

>Haven't been able to eat for two days
>Whenever I try to sleep my heart starts racing
>Can barely summon the courage to leave my room
>Short term memory is completely shot to shit
>Brain is foggy
>Desire to see people and be around them is broken
>Everything fucking sucks
>Take SSRI's
>First day I'm on them my anxiety gets so bad I try and knock myself unconscious by swinging my head into a wall
>Dazed, hit the floor, limp and in pain but still awake
>Put a dent in the dry wall

I want off the ride now. These aren't things to parade around like they do on Tumblr. These are things that make it hard for me to live my life. I was gonna do an internship and some classes this summer but there's absolutely no fucking way I could do the internship with the state I'm in. I'm losing weight, pulling out my hair, not sleeping, I'm just out of my damn mind. Hell, I can barely do my one class (I used to really enjoy taking classes over my breaks, it gave me structure).

I don't think anxiety disorders are memes anymore. I don't. I don't. I'm sorry for all those times. Make it stop
>>
File: 4.jpg (93 KB, 374x471) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
93 KB, 374x471
Is it common to have delusions while manic? I lost most of my friends because of that. I suppose that's unavoidable though
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.