[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got back from McDonald's and feel like a piece of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11
File: mcd-food-beef-mcdouble-burger.png (30 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
mcd-food-beef-mcdouble-burger.png
30 KB, 380x380
I just got back from McDonald's and feel like a piece of sh*t.

There is a McD's right by my apartment that I go to often. I went there earlier today and got a Quarter Pounder with Cheese, 6 chicken McNuggets, and a Sausage McMuffin. After work I was craving it all over again and ended up stopping by the drive-thru again.

I was pretty worried the same girl at the first window would still be on shift so I put on a winter hat and put the collar of my jacket up. When I drove up with my exact same order as earlier she was there to take my money.

She said, "you're here AGAIN?" as I was handing her the money while trying to avoid eye contact and I just lost it. I have social anxiety and I ended up retracting my arm so fast I spilled the change all over her side and started stuttering something about "my wife" and then I started to hyperventilate and felt an anxiety attack coming on.

I just floored it and I am so glad there was no one in front of me because I peeled out of there. I can still see her face.

I'll have to start going to a new McDonald's even though the closest one is like 10 minutes away. Maybe I'll switch to Wendy's I don't know.

Anyway, aside for just sharing one of the worst and most embarrassing moments of 2016 so far I was wondering how you would have reacted and responded to the cashier's remark.
>>
Check my McDubs order.
>>
>>28750417
"Yea, I'm pretty hungry"
>>
10 mins is not that far imo.
I would just laugh it off though. What can you say? If it really annoyed you you could complain to her manager, you don't deserve to be humiliated for giving them business
>>
>sh*t

kek
>>
You robots are worth all the YLYL threads of /b/
>>
File: 1463893635786s.jpg (11 KB, 250x232) Image search: [Google]
1463893635786s.jpg
11 KB, 250x232
>>28750417
i know this feel

haven't been to a mcdonalds in 2 years because i became a regular, was for the best anyways tbqh
>>
>>28750586
>became a regular

i'll never understand how it's possible to be a regular at a fast food spot

too expensive, too unhealthy, too much going outside
>>
>>28750635
>i'll never understand how it's possible to be a regular at a fast food spot

its right there on my way to/from work, so i just picked up a burger or two on the dollar menu every day on my way home. eventually it reached the point where they'd fill in my order without me having to tell them, and that's when i decided to stop going.
>>
>>28750797
>"eventually it reached the point where they'd fill in my order without me having to tell them"

fraking brutal man!! just thinking about it makes my panic attack flare up.
>>
>caring if you're a "regular"
If you are friendly to them they will be pleased to see you. You're a break from the faceless asocial and/or rude fucks that come in.
>>
>>28750827
not sure if sarcasm, but yeah becoming a regular at mcdonalds is definitely not the best feel.
>>
File: Ideal Waifu.png (673 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Ideal Waifu.png
673 KB, 1080x1920
There are 3 McDonalds in my town. I had a friend who staggered his Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner between those 3 because he was embarrassed when started to recognized him
>>
>tfw whenever you go to the grocery store the attendant reflexively punches in your birth date at the self-checkout console because they know you buy alcohol every time

Feels kinda good, actually.
>>
>>28750829
>robot
>friendly
>>
>>28750417
lel amerifats
>>
>>28750417
what's your fav food on the menu
>>
>>28750856
why?
why does that bother you?
>>
File: 1440111341332.png (786 KB, 857x746) Image search: [Google]
1440111341332.png
786 KB, 857x746
You really should stop habitually going to fast food places. Unless you're ordering a salad, almost everything on the menu is bad for you, and it's wasteful spending as well.

I've always found it odd that in America we spend billions on the war on drugs, and a significant portion of that money goes to treating addiction, but we completely ignore the very real, much more common, and very damaging addiction that a huge portion of our population has with fast food. I wouldn't be surprised at all if fast food has caused more damage than meth or coke.

Remember when everyone gave Michelle Obama shit for trying to make school lunches healthier? That should be the one thing the White House has done that should be universally praised. Our kids are fucking fat, our adults are fucking fat, and the problem is getting worse. People need to stop eating garbage, it's one reason we spend such ludicrous amounts on healthcare.

I also don't get how you can "crave" that stuff, it's fucking nasty shit made by teenagers man. Even the people who work there know it's fucking gross.
>>
>>28751142
Fast food doesn't cause aberrant behavior, that's why no one cares. Same with cigarettes.

People only care about drug addiction because it causes social "dysfunction" and it's unpredictable. No one gives a fuck about your personal health if they can profit off of things that are deleterious to it but don't threaten their own safety.

And since food addiction is basically the cornerstone of all life on earth, you'd be hard-pressed to actually pathologize it without drawing lines in the sand. Heck, not being addicted to food is considered more of a mental illness than being addicted to it. Food addiction is a good thing in the eyes of most as long as you're not "that addicted".
>>
>>28751111
My depressing diet mirrors my depressing life
>>
>>28751142
we just need to make like japan and make being a fatfuck illegal
>>
>>28751111
Wasted quads/quarts :^(
>>
>>28750417
I'm currently falling for the bulking meme so I wish I lived close a McD's. McDoubles are a pretty good value iirc, but they have increased prices so maybe not as much anymore.
>>
>>28750417
Wendy's is objectively better dude. You should have been going there in the first place. Plus they're most likely more friendly anyways
>>
>>28751275
it's not illegal to be fat in japan. companies with fat workers just get taxed more.
>>
>>28751535
>companies with fat workers just get taxed more.

ahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>28750417
if she actually said it with that tone you should have said "is that a fucking problem?" got her manager, threw a havoc, and then spit on the floor and left, don't take shit from some fat whore that works at the same wages freshman in highschool do
>>
File: 1460436140048.png (155 KB, 328x328) Image search: [Google]
1460436140048.png
155 KB, 328x328
>>28751629
This, she's literally a McDonalds worker, there isn't much lower of a lifeform in modern society than that.
>>
>>28750983
Before you claim I am not a robot for having a job, but the McDonalds I frequent because I go there on my lunch breaks doesn't seem to mind me at all.
>>
Bruh that's nothing, i ordered Nathan's at the mall, forgot my wallet and said id be right back.

NEVER AGAIN.
>>
>>28750417
>I was wondering how you would have reacted and responded to the cashier's remark.
If I was given time
>Yeah, you must really like me to be THIS excited about me coming again.
But in real life I would have reacted exactly like you. Sweating, stuttering and lying.
>>
>>28751835

>one day, weeks later, you're walking through the malls food court
>"a-anon! your food is still here"
>waves you over and hands you a three week old hotdog

what do you do?
>>
>>28751142
Seriously get so sick of hippies going on about how OMGGGG DISGUSTINGGGU fast food is. It's fucking delicious. Go eat a bellpepper faggot.
>>
>>28751933
I go get my wiener
>>
i've become a regular at my local takeaway shop. i order 8 dim sims everyday after uni. not too embarrassing since they're pretty cool people although i'll probably have to cut down eventually
>>
>>28752893
>dim sims
>takeaway
>uni
>>
File: why-00048.jpg (81 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
why-00048.jpg
81 KB, 720x720
I know this feel. Just push through the anxiety and you'll be fine.
>>
>>28752893
>takeaway

triggers me more than saying "borrowed to"
>>
>>28752914
yeah nah wot cunt?
>>
File: mcdonalds kiosks.jpg (60 KB, 600x387) Image search: [Google]
mcdonalds kiosks.jpg
60 KB, 600x387
>>28750417
If you were in Canada you could use these
>but Canada has no all-day breakfast
>and you'd have to haul your fat ass out of the car and go inside
>>
File: burger.jpg (245 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
burger.jpg
245 KB, 1200x900
I went to McDonald's today and got a Filet-O-Fish combo with a bacon cheeseburger on the side. I was eating it in my vehicle in the parking lot and listening to an audiobook when I glanced up and saw the McDonald's worker I ordered outside having a cigarette.

She waved at me and I nodded and had to wait 7 minutes before she went back inside and I could eat in comfort again. I don't think that employees should be bothering or even trying to socialize with customers outside of the McDonald's restaurant or drive through, but that is another story.

I went to McDonald's for dinner tonight and got a McChicken combo with a bacon cheeseburger on the side. As I was driving to the second window the same girl was still working. She was acting somewhat obsequious and attempting small talk when she asked, 'why don't you come eat inside instead of in the parking lot where it is cold'.

That really bothered me for many reasons. First of all, I don't want my routine or actions to be tracked by a fast food employee. Secondly, she should not try to tell me how I should live my life. I do not want to eat inside because I find it less comfortable and would much rather be inside my vehicle listening to an audiobook and enjoying myself and my privacy.

Overall, I think it was very unprofessional to bring this up. I should have a clean slate with each drive through visit, not have to get the third degree because I committed some sort of faux pas. Which I don't think I did, because I often see people eating in fast food parking lots. How does she know I am not busy going to work or somewhere in a rush?

How do you feel about eating in your vehicle in the parking lot of a fast food restaurant versus eating inside the restaurant?
>>
>>28750508

it's an old copypasta, you obvious fucking underage newfag
>>
>>28753045
>>28750417
how do people find this tasty, that soft bread even looks disgusting, the meat seems so unnatural and the sauce usually way too sweet and prominent
>>
>>28753045
Fucking drive to another parking lot if you don't want to be noticed
And don't go to the same McD's all the time
Never become a spy either because you're terrible at being incognito
>>
>>28750417
You sound like me OP

I always feel sad and guilty when I buy fast food, and to make it worse, I see some of the same workers every time I go to McD, and they consider me a "regular" and always have my usual order ready when they see me. At first it was cool but now I realize they're being super nice and friendly because they think I'm a pathetic loser and they probably feel sorry for me. So, I basically felt double pathetic after this

I started going to BK now
>>
>>28753184
Relax its just pasta
>>
File: handsomeautistfeels.jpg (19 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
handsomeautistfeels.jpg
19 KB, 500x500
>>28750417
>IKTF all to well my friend
My favorite fast food place is del taco and there is one literally 100 yards from my house. here is why I can never go back
>order my shit, 2 del beef burritos and chili cheese fries
>pull up to window
>new qt3.14 black girl is working the drive thru
>look out the window at me and my car, "I really like your car!" (I drive a 2014 wrx wagon)
>alpha mode engaged, I'm tired of missing out on opportunities when they present themselves
> say something along the lines of "well give my your number and I'll take you out in it sometime"
>She starts saying her number aloud, i stop her and tell her I'll never remember
>she writes it down on a napkin. tells me to text her.
>Get my food and drive off feeling overjoyed.
>Get home, eat, start worrying about when I should text her. don't want to text her to soon and seem desperate.
> 1 week goes by, another goes by. decide it's been to long at this point. I never had the fucking courage to do it.
>out of fear of seeing her again don't go to del taco anymore.
> it's been 10 months since I've been to this del taco other is 20 miles away and i go at least once a week.
>should have just kept my autistic mouth shut
>tfw no favorite fast food i pass every day going to work, and tfw could have had possible gf.
>>
>>28753253
God damnit you fucked up

If a girl gives you her number you always text 24 hours later at the latest. As long as you don't text a couple hours later, it won't look desperate.

Or you could always just put the number in your phone on the spot and text her a "got it ;)" so at least she has your number too and can text you
>>
>>28750417
She's a cunt anyways. I noticed a lot of people come multiple times on one day, I never mentioned it at all, I saw the shame in their eyes. Your job isn't to talk to people, its to take their order and give them their food.
>>
>>28753370
I like the idea about just texting "got it" right away. Next time I won't let it slip. at least that's what I say right now. The sad thing is this isn't even the first time I've gotten a number and let it slip. But this was the last time I got one and this was almost a year ago.
>>
>>28753201
Tbh when I worked fast good there was tons of regulars. I only looked down on two. One was obese and obnoxious to deal with, the other was an overweight kid, probably 12 or 13 who came 2-3 times a day. Always. He was progressively getting fatter and it was just fucked. He even came with his parents a lot of times, that shit should be illegal. They're just setting their kid up for health problems and getting bullied.

The rest of the regulars were surprisingly average looking.
>>
>>28751629
>>28751738
You aren't better than anyone else idiots.

Tell me how great you are when you're lying face down on the floor in some "crazy mcdonalds customer" youtube video.
>>
>>28750439
>>28751276
This isn't /b/ you fucking 12 year old
>>
>>28753672

found the mcdonalds employee whale

cry some more, booboo honey
>>
This is a fear of mine. I can't go to the same place more than once a week.
>>
File: 1361494232036.gif (2 MB, 230x175) Image search: [Google]
1361494232036.gif
2 MB, 230x175
>>28750417
God, every time I read this I just start laughing.
>>
>>28751142
I really want to see this anime battle.
looks ecvisting.
>>
>>28750417
If I spilled that change would you die?
>>
File: downhill.jpg (52 KB, 399x464) Image search: [Google]
downhill.jpg
52 KB, 399x464
>>28753253

Is this pasta? Because I literally don't believe you
>>
>hadnt eaten all day
>11pm
>get to mcdonalds drive through
>one guy in front one sports car with loud rap music and strong bass behind
>order the typical 2 cheeseburger and sweat te for $3.24
>wait for 10 minutes for car in front to finally move up enough to pay
>when get to window, can see no one inside except employs laughing around a iphone
>wait 5 minutes
>no one comes to window
>5 more minutes
>guy comes up, practically throws bag at me, closes window fast
>its not my order
>wait 3 minutes see no one
>guy behind stars honking his horn
>knock on drive thru window
>wait 3 minutes
>peel out and speed back to apartment
>make out with a double quarter pounder, 2 apple pies, 10pc mcnugget and sweet sour sauce
>never go back to that mcdonalds again
>>
>"Hi there that'll b- Oh my GOD you're here AGAIN?!"
>"Ah I ju- m-"
>Drops change and frantically tries to roll up window
>"Sir it's fi-"
>"IT WA-WAS FOR MY W-W-W-WI-"
>speeds off, blows through the stop sign on the way out
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.