[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I kill myself?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 800x600
Lately, I've been thinking a lot about killing myself. Here are the pros and cons of staying alive, as I see them:

Pros:
> I have a stable career with a good income
> I have significant savings (~200k, just from being a shut in and not spending money)
> I'm relatively healthy ( not overweight, etc)

Cons:
> I have no friends or a girlfriend, I never have, and I probably never will
> I've hit a plateau in my career, so while I'm doing ok now, I don't have a lot of confidence in the future
> i don't have a lot of confidence in the future in general. The world is an awful place and we only make it worse everyday.
> I'm a fucking moron with no common sense. The end result is that I'm very bad at keeping things that I care about alive e.g. my pets, flowers in my garden etc.
> I'm old (36) so I've lost the opportunity to do a lot of the things that I want.

To me it seems like th cons outweigh the pros. What do you guys think?
>>
In my opinion no, you have a lot of freedom with that money, you could keep saving till your 40 then do whatever makes you happy, I mean youre gonna die anyway why do it early when you could squeeze out a bit more enjoyment from this world
>>
you have a lot of cash, if you have a place for yourself and all that bux you are set for life.
well maybe you will die with no money and no one to care about you, maybe not because there is always a girl that think you are rich when all you do is being in your home doing nothing, and she will give you her holes for sure with the premise of money that you do not have.
you should not off yourself, you can use and abuse pleasures with your bux.
if you go through killing yourself give the bux to me at least, i will put it in good use.
>>
>>28749822
I don't really enjoy anything anymore, though. I guess that's a con I forgot to mention. Even sex is boring and awkward.
>>
>>28749942
you had a gf? if you are not a robot please go out.
mid life crisis is fucked.
>>
Yes please kill yourself and send me the money i cant even afford food you piece of shit
>>
>>28749942
Nothing? Not even hard drugs? If youre so disillusioned with life that you cant enjoy anything then I guess thats a good reason to, can you tell me why you haven't done it so far
>>
>>28749255
Have you heard of the Effective Altruism movement? Start giving loads of money to charity and see how that affects your outlook.
>>
Befriend some local robots and take them to amusement parks or something

You get friends and they get a chance to get out of the house with a father figure
>>
Spend some money on something that you don't need, wait til you're 40 and see how you feel.
>>
>>28749255
I'm in the same boat except 5 years younger and overweight. I think about killing myself every morning when I wake up. no one will ever love me and I'm going to die alone. might as well make it sooner rather than later.
>>
>>28750036
No, I've never had a gf. What I did was found some girls on one of those "sugar daddy" sites and basically paid to take them out and fuck them. Results were mixed but the best sex I had on that site definitely wasn't worth the time and money I put in to it.
>>
>>28749255

You're in a good financial position. Right now is when you think of - what do you want to do with your life? You made all this money, you can make even more if you want to in the future. But that money won't buy happiness. Shit, I'm in a similar spot. I have plenty, even too much money. From dead broke to middle class... but I'm still living like I'm poor. Why hoard all this money?

What's important is, having a comfy amount of money, and beyond that - enjoying your life. Sitting at a cubicle for 60 hours a week for 40 years is a waste of life. Maybe you'd rather be a teacher, or a massage therapist, a photographer. Plenty, plenty of jobs that you might like more than what you have. A corporate rat race is just chasing after a carrot pointlessly for most people.

>Work/career-related, what do you want?
>Family/friends/relationship-related?
>Hobby/outside interests?

Anything you want, you can get. It'll take work, but you're only as enslaved as you allow yourself to be.
>>
Bro take the 200k buy a nice car and getting girls will be a lot easyer and more fun driving
>>
>>28750118
Did that. I bought a BMW a while ago. That actually helped for a little bit, but now it's just my car. Maybe I should have bought an M3. Also, a few years ago I bought a very expensive violin made by the great luthier Mathias Dahl. Unfortunately, one time I put too much water in my damp-it and it leaked on the inside of the violin. Didn't ruin it, but still, it damaged it. Like I said I'm a moron who can't take care of the things I love. I haven't played it in a while now.
>>
Everyone should kill themselves, really
Someone had to say it
>>
I'm usually a /pol/ user, but have decided to visit your board. Anyways though, don't kill yourself man. Who the fuck needs a girlfriend when you have a hand? Girls just drain your money and bitch at you all day.
>>
>>28750253

Not OP but I'm really considering this. Maybe a BMW Z4, maybe a Porsche (but the Porsche would have to be like 8 years old for me to afford it :/).

>>28750301

Does that really work? Like pull up to a bar/club in a convertible and pull some pussy off that? Adds a little ego/confidence boost too I'm guessing?
>>
>>28750496
kek, hell no. The only time a girl noticed my car was right after I bought it. This little black girl came up to me in a parking lot and said "hi I like your car :3". Then her mom immediately came over to her and was like "what are you doing?? Don't talk to that man..."

Maybe if you drive a Ferrari or something you can get chicks with that but even an older Porsche or bmw convertible probably not
>>
>>28749255
Go for it.

dsudsudsu
>>
>>28749255
How the fuck can you be a robot with that money? I genuinely dont understand. Asides from being ugly as fuck my moms got ptsd and im poor as shit. If i had even a 1/4 of that money in my savings id prob be alot happier. Plus you dont seem hideous, and 36 isnt too old.
>>
anon... buy a bar! you've got the money!!!
you'll have friends COME TO YOU! DEPRESSED PEOPLE! SAD SACKS AND WORRY-WARTS! ALL FOR YOU ANON!
open a bar, 200k is definitely enough with good credit. also, buy one, don't start it.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.