[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suicide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7
File: suicide_2439218f.jpg (14 KB, 636x477) Image search: [Google]
suicide_2439218f.jpg
14 KB, 636x477
Is suicide selfish?
>>
Yes

>implying being selfish is bad
>>
>>28741689
Came to say precisely this.

/thread
>>
>>28741575
If you have people that love you then yes. If not then no
But if you are in so much pain life is horrible, I don't think it's shellfish.
But most of you guys are just garden variety depressed.
>>
>>28741689
Oh wow didn't think we'd get the answer so quickly.
OP you should delete the thread. its done mate.
>>
>>28741575
Only if you get a couple lions killed in the process.
>>
Suicide is selfish.

Expecting a truly miserable person to stay alive solely so your feelings don't get hurt is also selfish.
>>
>>28741689
Bringing someone into this life unwillingly is selfish suice is not
>>
>>28741575
It's not. You don't live for others, you live for yourself, so ending your life is your right.
>>
>>28741575
you are born without consent i think you are not take something you asked for.
>>28741729
selfish because you do not make people happy? is that why you are here? to make people happy? then why no one makes me happy? is just me that needs to make people happy?
>>
My brother committed suicide a few years ago and it's absolutely selfish given how much pain it's caused me and my family.
>>
>>28741575
yes, if theres someone who actually cares about you.
>>
>>28741877
>muh family
>muh pain
its never about about the who died to you people is it?
>>
>>28741877
Then perhaps your family shouldn't have been inferior. Because it's likely he killed himself because of his inferior genes.
>>
File: 7651531321.png (65 KB, 636x674) Image search: [Google]
7651531321.png
65 KB, 636x674
everyone is selfish, op
>>
>>28741877
Sounds like you're the selfish one mate.
>>
>>28741900
What makes you think it isn't? Because I didn't mention it in my post? The question was whether or not suicide was selfish, and I answered it.

>>28741906
Oops? We'll try again in the next life then? What a useless post.
>>
>>28741900
>Someone kills himself
>He died to you
Explain the logic behind this
>>
>>28741877
Where's your 'just grow up' and 'take responsibility for your reactions you moping faggot' and 'just control your emotions you giant crybaby' now, normalfaggot? Not so funny now that you got the wrong end of the stick, is it?
>>
>get thrown in a jail cell along with other people
>become friends with these people
>get the chance to escape but only you can go

Is it selfish if I leave the cell?
>>
>>28741829
this is being selfish by definition, nothing wrong with it tho like >>28741689 and >>28741930
said. OP is a normie faggot who gets common sense as truth
>>
>>28741932
Everybody is selfish one way or another so congratulations on saying nothing at all.

>>28741945
I'd love to know your basis behind thinking I'm a normalfag.
>>
Suicide is selfish, just like wanting to be happy is selfish. Selfishness is a necessary part of life, unless you're a Buddhist monk or Jesus Christ.
>>
>>28741935
>Oops? We'll try again in the next life then? What a useless post.
Why is my post useless? Inferior people have worse life. People who have worse life are more likely to kill themselves.

And what causes inferiority? Bad genes. So your family shouldn't be sad. You are the reason why he killed himself. Maybe if your father didn't selfishly procreate despite his inferiority, then one of his children wouldn't kill himself.
>>
>>28741953
Depends

If only you get the chance then you might say its not selfish. If everyone got the chance then it might be selfish.

Of course if everyone got a chance then its selfish/not selfish depending on how much you worked towards your escape compared others
>>
>>28741961
>say something
>am comfired correct
>then get accused of saying nothing by same person.

if you're like this all the time I'd probably want to kill myself aswell to be honest.
>>
File: norway prison cell.jpg (81 KB, 620x448) Image search: [Google]
norway prison cell.jpg
81 KB, 620x448
>>28741953
Actually I'll make a few alterations

Say I'm in an American style prison cell and everyone else is in a Norwegian one(or maybe even better), there's a hole we can talk to each other through and through this we all become friends

I get the chance to escape, is it selfish to use it?
>>
>>28741961
>implying you never shitposted a thread that we should 'just fix our lives and stop being depressed, it's all in our heads'

And even if you didn't, then tens of thousands of people who did (and do) say that hypocritically complain of how their suicidal relative 'shouldn't have dealt such lasting pain to us' at the same time.
>>
Living is selfish. Doing anything for yourself is selfish. Even when you exhibit altruism with no motives or tangible benefit at all, you did it to enhance your world and feel satisfied in some way. Many people kill themselves just so they don't have an impact on the world anymore. If anything that is noble.
>>
>>28741980
Your logic sucks because you try to strip away emotional attachments, memories and other shit that happen in families despite bad circumstances ("making do") and that's not how people work.

>>28742010
You are correct but it's useless to say because everyone is selfish.

>>28742041
I've never done that, but what makes you think I'm not aware what mental illness can do to someone? I'm on your side here, idiot.
>>
>>28741945
This anon really gets to the heart of it. When a person is depressed they're told "being happy is a choice," "you're a drain to be around," "get off your ass and change your life," and "just work hard get over it."

They're dismissed as weak losers and pathetic. Then when they kill themselves all the sudden it's a tragedy and those same people who did nothing while the person was alive are the true victims and the depressed person is the selfish one.
>>
>>28742078
>Your logic sucks because you try to strip away emotional attachments, memories and other shit that happen in families despite bad circumstances ("making do") and that's not how people work.
That shit doesn't matter. If you created an inferior human being then you shouldn't be surprised if it kills itself. It's not my fault that you got attached to him. And it sure as hell wasn't his fault.
>>
>>28741980
Whoah bro. Are you not going a bit far with this?
>>
>>28742101
Am I really? I believe our life is mostly determined by your genes and family. Well that's not entirely true. Your threshold is determined by these two things. What you can achieve if you work as hard as you can. Obviously you can underachieve, but if your threshold is so low due to your shitty parents then there isn't a point to living.
>>
>>28741575
I don't know. But the problem is that suicide is an offense to God. He puts you under problems for you to learn and grow with more faith in him. When you kill yourself, you are refusing his lesson.
>>
>>28741575
No. Its just quitting. Life is like a shitty RPG. You have to grind and grind and grind, but no saves and permadeath.
>>
>>28742078
>You are correct but it's useless to say because everyone is selfish.

How is it useless to make an observation about selfishness, in a thread about the selfishness of an action.

you can't see the forest the trees, really just seems like you're upset over getting called out for being selfish.

it's a thread on 4chan not the UN, all of its pretty useless.
>>
>>28742101
He lacks critical thinking skills evidently.

>>28742096
>That shit doesn't matter

Sure it does, because it's present whether you like it or not, although I can tell you aren't interested in knowing because you seem pretty grounded in this worldview of yours, and granted there are many truths to it but you really aren't looking at this with a clear mind.

My brother is dead, so that is that, and I'm going to try to continue on as hard as I can, but please don't act like you know all the nuances here.
>>
>>28742188
>Sure it does, because it's present whether you like it or not
Yeah it's your parents fault. Not yours, but hey, I don't give a fuck. Whenever robots complain about something, they get told
>deal with it
>it's how it is
So that's what I'm telling you. Your brother got born inferior, it's your parents fault and that's how it is.
>>
>>28742188
Just think about the scenario for a second, here:
>My life is terrible and I am in excruciating agony. I want the pain to stop, so I have decided to end my life.
>My brother has a terrible life and is in excruciating agony. I want him to remain that way indefinitely so that I personally don't feel sad.
Who's the selfish one, truly? Be honest.
>>
>>28742171
I'm more upset by surface-level observations that people try to make insofar as having the audacity to ignore inherent subjectivites.

>>28742228
My brother's biological father was a very abusive man and I think the trauma got the best of him as he got older and older despite my mom's best efforts to raise him, and going by my own research into the history I think my mother raised him well, but yeah, my brother was very troubled.

>>28742278
Correct yourself, the scenario that you created in your head because I never said or implied "I want him to remain that way indefinitely so that I personally don't feel sad."

Have you ever lost someone to suicide?
>>
>>28742323
>My brother's biological father was a very abusive man and I think the trauma got the best of him as he got older and older despite my mom's best efforts to raise him, and going by my own research into the history I think my mother raised him well, but yeah, my brother was very troubled.
Lol. So he wasn't even you real brother? No surprise he killed himself. That means it's your mothers fault completely. You should be angry at her.
>>
yeah unless the people who love you are aware of your depression but don't try to help
>>
>>28742362
That doesn't make sense given your ignorance of the history that I'm more than aware of. You suck at this.
>>
>>28742323
>I'm more upset by surface-level observations that people try to make insofar as having the audacity to ignore inherent subjectivites.

P R E N T E N T I O U S

I'd say the fact you expect people to converse with you seriously, makes you far more selfish then you brother ever was.

Maybe what it boils down too, is you envy him.
>>
>>28742383
So is he your biological brother? Because you said
>My brother's biological father
Which really implies that he isn't.

And if he isn't, then it was your mother who choose his biological father. So it's all her fault.
>>
File: 1444390415078.png (7 KB, 879x524) Image search: [Google]
1444390415078.png
7 KB, 879x524
>>28741877
Is this bait or are you truly this delusional?
>>
>>28742323
Correct myself how? You're implying he's selfish for committing suicide and would rather he'd not done it. You want him to have remained alive and therefore living in pain, as he was clearly not happy with his life if he killed himself. How is any of what I said wrong? Deny it all you want, but you're the selfish one here.
>>
>>28741575

It is selfish if you have kids.

Otherwise it is not.
>>
>>28742394
How is that pretentious? Was the message not clear?

And I expect decency and taste in a conversation more than I expect people to take me seriously.

>>28742409
No, half-brother.

>then it was your mother who choose his biological father

Yes, but he didn't start the abuse til after marriage/having a kid/settling down. Luckily my mom got her ass out of there with my brother and didn't just stick around.

>>28742462
I would have preferred to know exactly what was troubling him in the months I was away from him because he became reclusive and apparently despondent.

I think I should have specified beforehand that although suicide is selfish, that is absolutely as far as judgement knows. Beyond that lies mental illnesses and other things people need to help themselves with.
>>
>>28742571
*that is absolutely as far as judgement goes
Oops.
>>
>>28742571
>Yes, but he didn't start the abuse til after marriage/having a kid/settling down. Luckily my mom got her ass out of there with my brother and didn't just stick around.
So what? She should take some goddamn responsibility. She choose the father, she alone. It's her fault.

If some faggot marries a woman that later acts like fucking cunt and divorces him, he gets laughed at and told that he should have chosen better.
>>
>>28741689
Well that was fast. /r9k/, you didn't disappoint me this time.
>>
>>28741689
/thread
But if you decide to be a cunt and screw someone else's life in the process, like jumping into the railway tracks during busy time, you are an asshole.
>>
>>28742606
What sort of responsibility are you talking about specifically?

And you need to relax, by the way. To me, it almost sounds like you're projecting something that happened in your life onto me. Wanna talk about it?
>>
>>28741575
I think trying to force someone to live despite the fact that they are in overwhelming pain is selfish.
>>
>>28742670
>What sort of responsibility are you talking about specifically?
She choose a partner who turned out to be a fucking cunt. She should choose responsibility for that.

Not really. My parents are still together.
>>
>>28742695
And she did. She kicked him to the curb and booked it.

And I'm glad your parents are still together. Rest assured I'm not one of those normie assholes who look at people who kill themselves as cowardly heathens or something like that; I've been around the block a few times, man.
>>
File: 1463730000231.jpg (69 KB, 640x628) Image search: [Google]
1463730000231.jpg
69 KB, 640x628
no , pleases leave before you bring more down with you if you want. also listen to "lift your head up high" by the blood hound gang. hang in there if you can you destiny is your choice. you get as many lives as you want but you cant remember them .
>>
>>28741575
No - once you are dead there is no self
But it could be seen as inconsiderate if you have people who depend on you e.g. if you are a father with little kids. Don't think it's the same if you are heavily depressed and your family doesn't care enough to help you
>>
If taking a life out of this world, your life, is selfish, than bringing a life into this world is just as selfish.
>>
>>28741575
no - it's selfish to bring people into existence knowing they might end up wishing they never existed
>>
File: 1460338946061.jpg (59 KB, 717x748) Image search: [Google]
1460338946061.jpg
59 KB, 717x748
>>28741575
>Is suicide selfish?
Yes, if you have people who depend on you like wife or kids but in every other case it's not selfish. You didnt ask to be brought into this world, so you can plug it off anytime you want. A some suicides are caused by catalysts like drugs or alcohol who bring filth from the depths of heart into the brain. Then brain cannon handle the emotional information and either person loses his mind or kills himself. However the majority of them are not deathwishes but calling for help (you can see it in why women perform it more but men actually succeed in do it). Only the minor suicidal percentage are done by people who feel out of place or cannot adapt to surroundings. It's not because they are autist but to them it feels like they are aliens to this society. Only people without emotional influence can make real suicide, when they understand they are not useful.
>>
File: 689.png (604 KB, 600x685) Image search: [Google]
689.png
604 KB, 600x685
The only way to avoid pain is through nonexistence. With this dismissal of pain, you lose its fleeting cousin, happiness. If one lives in a world encapsulated by pain, who are we to say that they cannot make the hefty decision to cleave their pain from its root? No one asked to be thrust into mortal coil. There is no waiver to be signed before your embryo forms. So why then, should we feel responsible to maintain this being?
>>
>>28742966
This makes perfect sense. Where in any meaningful context does it say it is our duty, not merely our function, to procreate?
>>
>>28742825
>not Wilson Phillips
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.