[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will I get fired for refusing to talk to any of my co-workers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (332 KB, 3888x2592) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
332 KB, 3888x2592
Will I get fired for refusing to talk to any of my co-workers?
>>
>>28739267
Depends on many factors:

>What type of work you're in.
>On what basis you're employed (part-time, casual, full-time).
>Whether you're on a probationary period.

If talking to your peers isn't wholly essential, then I don't imagine you'll be fired for not doing so.

However, if you're only a casual employee, so they could just stop giving you shifts for being uncooperative or whatever.

They may also fire you for that reason under the guise of another reason altogether.
>>
>>28739267
Maybe, depends on the work.

If communication is required, then yes. If not, I don't see why. It's going to make you look like a shithead if you don't either way.
>>
>>28739322
>>28739316
I'm a programmer. I work for a job that has mostly women in it. I'm one of two guys with seven women on the team. If people ask for work related questions then I'll discuss but I ignore anyone who asks how my day is.
>>
>>28739337

Thats fine then, I don't see why you should get fired for that.
>>
>>28739337
That's pretty much what my dad was like throughout his 40+ year career.

Solid worker, well-respected.
>>
>>28739337

Your co-workers might hate you, but I doubt they'd fire you for not wanting to waste time with idle chit chat unrelated to work.

Are you at least polite, or do you just blatantly ignore people by not responding?
>>
>>28739267
This code isn't even minified. Someone simply removed all newline characters without even removing indentation.
>>
>>28739358
He won't get fired for it. They'll make up another reason..

OP is a moron. Just talk to them faggot
>>
>>28739389
Some of the women on my team ask me how my day is and I dont even stop to look at them. I just walk past them while ignoring them. I did this in highschool and college too with everyone. Hopefully they get the message I'm not there to make friends.
>>
>>28739406
pretty sure op and the other guy are the only ones keeping that company afloat
>>
>>28739411

Lol, I wish I could have gotten away with that at my last job. Having to respond to "how are you?" several times a day is grating.
>>
>>28739403
Its just a background image to look cool; not meant to make sense
>>
Hopefully. There is no work environment that exists where you benefit from not talking to others.
>>
>>28739337
Absolutely not. I don't have any experience in the field or know anybody who is in it, but it seems like it would be a great career to be in your own thoughts completely without having to communicate much.
>>
>>28739337
Flat out ignoring someone sounds like it'd make them bitter about you. I'd at least give a minimal answer such that it doesn't lead to further conversation.
>>
>>28739564
>people get mad if you don't tell them about your day

humans are strange
>>
File: pop.png (713 KB, 1200x960) Image search: [Google]
pop.png
713 KB, 1200x960
Nah, they will fire youj if you don't talk to your co-workers, even if they have to make up a reason

>Used to work in an office environment
>Ignored my co-workers, only opened my mouth to ask work related questions
>Understood I had a reputation for being 'quiet'
>didn't care
>one day manager calls me in for performance review
>informs me that if I don't start speaking to my co-workers they will have to look at options regarding my future
>I promise to make further discussion with them
>Don't really know what to talk about
>Go home
>Write down a list of the work related questions I have to ask and come up with a 'small talk' line for each one
>Next day comes
>Early in the morning
>Need to use the internal phone to contact the IT department to fix my email inbox
>call them up
>'h-h-hi my emails aren't working...'
>decide to use small talk
>'I---I can't access my penis pump deals!'
>make a very loud pumping noise by exhaling quickly
>the IT guy doesn't laugh
>decide to stop talking to people
>fail to pass my probation period, the excuse is 'not fitting with the company culture'
>>
>>28739620
So so good.
>>
>>28739620
why do normalfags want you to talk? like why can't they just be happy that you're working?
>>
>>28739337
>I'm a programmer. I work for a job that has mostly women in it

good luck familia
>>
>>28739337

being a developer is pretty good these days as you can choose what suits you the best

Most modern IT companies are big on team events and socializing their developers in hopes of creating team spirit (snow trips, physical outdoorsy activities, dinner parties).

But there are also plenty of startups where you are left all by yourself, i think this also happens on more old school hierarchical companies.

one thing is certain, its not the 90's anymore, expect a horde of normies.
>>
>>28739724
i DON't know. they aren't happy unless you suck their dick i GUESS.
>>
I don't talk at work. When i first started i tried making small talk with my colleague until i realised he was an even bigger autist than me and we had nothing to talk about. Been there 2 years now and its sweet af. Perfect for a robot, i literally turn up, sit next to this guy all day not saying a word then leave, 5 days a week
>>
yes of course, normies ree
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.