[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the mango girl right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: slashfaslash.png (468 KB, 923x572) Image search: [Google]
slashfaslash.png
468 KB, 923x572
Is the mango girl right?
>>
File: 1459268950225.jpg (229 KB, 1024x797) Image search: [Google]
1459268950225.jpg
229 KB, 1024x797
ye probably
>>
What she's wrong about is the part that says
>DOESN'T TRY TO MAKE HIMSELF LOOK GOOD
Looks are mostly things you can not change. When you do the basic things, like not being fat, not having autism clothes, hygiene, shaving. After that it mostly comes to height and facial bone structure.
>>
>>28736630
Those basic things go a long way, and I'm willing to bet most autists here neglect them. Even if you're unattractive, you should still get some standard respect if you obviously take care of yourself. If you don't, you deserve the scorn you receive.
>>
>>28736630
Even then you can learn to apply yourself to what looks good on you
>>
>>28736583
She's just stating the obvious.
>>
>>28736583

No, the point she's trying to make is completely muddled to the point that it's practically incomprehensible.

Her claim is that people who expressly want to be liked should also engage in self-improvement, otherwise they are self-centered. This is of course referring to a very specific kind of person, like a fat deluded slob who doesn't realize how odious he is and is surprised that people don't like him, yet desperately wants to be liked. Sure, why not, that's a good point. No one likes a a deluded moron (though her usage of the word "self-centered" is itself questionable, since we don't know why the anime girl thinks her definition of narcissism is a negative thing or why that should dissuade someone from being the very specific archetype she is describing)

Then we can turn to her other, more spurious claim, about people being shit if they look like shit. This is completely at odds with her other claim, which specifies that she is talking about people who WANT to be liked, and how they ostensibly are self-centered (and therefore "shit", for some reason) because they want to be liked. There are, of course, people who look like shit who don't care if they are liked or not, a condition that totally obviates both claims she's trying to make.

Then "People are 90% looks" just screams random made-up statistic she pulled out of her ass.

All-in-all, anime girl comes across as an edgy retard.
>>
>>28736658
>Those basic things go a long way
No they don't. I'm a guy who used to do them and I've stopped doing them because they are frankly useless if you are also ugly, etc.
>Even if you're unattractive, you should still get some standard respect if you obviously take care of yourself.
Lol. What planet do you live in? Ugly people who take care of themselves aren't respected. Just as ugly people who don't take care of themselves. Or if you receive any respect you get much less of it due to someone who is naturally attractive. It's not a game worth playing.
>>
File: 51K9W7EWBYL.jpg (42 KB, 308x500) Image search: [Google]
51K9W7EWBYL.jpg
42 KB, 308x500
>>28736697
>Then "People are 90% looks" just screams random made-up statistic she pulled out of her ass.

It's a book title.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.