[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FUCK STEAK N SHAKE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: killme.jpg (312 KB, 1600x1173) Image search: [Google]
killme.jpg
312 KB, 1600x1173
I fucking hate this job guys. I'm a server at steak n shake. It is my first job and I already want to quit after only working a little over a week. The pay isn't even that great with tips and almost every day I have to work longer than my shift. I worked 2 extra hours because I had to do my "side work." I want to quit and go work at Jimmy John's with my friend. He said it is easy and they hired right away. My mom doesn't want me to quit because it's my first job. I haven't told her I want to though. Should I quit my job or stick it out?
TL,DR I work at steak n shake and want to quit.
>>
every time I eat at steak n shake it's like I have to cut my wrists and bleed out on the floor just to get enough attention from a waiter to get a refill. Like fuck me dude give me more dr. pepper.
>>
>>28734722
You won't find a part time job, assuming your a teenager, that won't be shitty. Get used to it senpai
>>
>>28734742
We have to bus our own tables plus they don't hire a dishwasher on most days so we have to wash dishes while we serve
>>
Everyone quits their first job.
>>
>>28734794
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Cry more faggot. Most places you have to buss your own tables.
>>
even if you plan to quit you should probably give it like a month at least
>>
>Buh huuuh I wanna be wif mah frand and do EZ work
>Ah wan EZ work mommy waaahh
Fucking white american spoiled faggot I wish I could smack your gay face.
>>
>>28734722
Don't listen to anyone in this thread op. They probably havent worked as a server before. Try getting a job at jimmy johns and quit if you get the job.
>>
>>28734722
Taylor is that you you sonofabitch
>>
>waaah i have to bring people food
>waaah i have to wash duishes
>waaaah i get paid more than anyone else because of tips

i used to work grill at SnS and that was shit job
mostly because i had a work ethic
aside from the fucking constant rush of orders (we were between a mall and a high school)
i had to constantly keep my area clean, help the people on dress and listen to you fucking servers whine about everything
also your side work is nothing compared to what fucking everyone else does
>>
I work at JJ's.
I'm a bike delivery person. It's a great part-time job.
Fuck sandwich making though.
>>
Steak and shake sounds disgusting.
I'm vegan, btw.
>>
Just apply to jimmy john's and don't quit until you get hired
>>
>he said it's easy
what is hard about whatever it is you're doing? you mean working is hard for you?

what are you, an 18 year old?? this board is so young.
>>
Anyone else want to suck the dick of the server in the OP
>>
MOOOODDDDDDDDSSS B&B&B&B&B&B&B& PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN AND B& THEM NOW
>>
>>28735722
He's pretty handsome for a waiter
>>
>>28734722
keep at it, but remember that it's fast food and they totally expect high turnover rates on employees, so it's really not disastrous for you or them if you do quit.

I worked at fast foot for about 4 months as my second job and I'm truly glad I got away from that hot garbage.

currently work at a smaller liquor store with bro-tier managers
>tfw racial profiling on the blacks that come in
literally paid to be a racist. fuckin great
>>
>Jimmy John's
Never heard of it. Damn this thread makes me hungry.
>>
quit

but fuck jimmy johns too

you want to work at a car wash

no customer interactions at all, plus tips, plus no uniform, plus cool song about your job
>>
>>28734858
I've quit, without notice , job I ever had
>>
File: 1458316730343.jpg (26 KB, 613x673) Image search: [Google]
1458316730343.jpg
26 KB, 613x673
>>28734722
I like Jimmy John's but I wouldn't want to work there. Fuck delivering desu.

Why did you choose to work at Steak and Shake? Waiters are known to be paid pennies and work more.

You should've went into retail/customer service desu, you just need decent social skills and learn to take crap from people here and there. There will always be that one lady or guy who demands to talk the manager for some fuck all reason and at that point you just sit back and watch that buttblasted bitch get told by the manager. It's a pretty grand feel.
>>
OP, I highly recommend trying to keep at it. Keep in mind that the first two months at a new job are insanely difficult, but after that it becomes second nature and it can actually be pretty fun observing your coworkers' antics. If this is your first job, it'd benefit you greatly to stick it out for six months, then put in your two weeks and get an excellent letter of recommendation.

Or you could just write on your resume that you were an administrative assistant for your mom's small business (obviously change your mom's last name so it seems your boss wasn't related to you) and create a quality letter of recommendation yourself, then leverage that experience to get a job you like.
>>
>>28734722
Steak n Shake has the cutest uniforms though.
All Steak n Shake boys look like lil qts.
>>
>>28734722
Take the one that pays better for the effort you're asked to put in.

If you do quit, give two weeks' notice and try not to be an asshole about it. Leave on the best terms possible.
>>
I always go to the drive thru. I think they purposely "close" the drive thru late at night so people come inside and tip...
>>
>>28736074
Actually I know a guy who worked for jimmy john's and made at least 60 bucks a shift in tips, even in "ethnic" neighbourhoods. He's from Indiana.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.