[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone sorta wish we had profiles? Names? An alias (fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: pb-s04e22-final-scene_11.jpg (70 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
pb-s04e22-final-scene_11.jpg
70 KB, 624x352
Does anyone sorta wish we had profiles? Names? An alias (fuck tripfags)?

I know the anonymity "makes 4chan what it is"

But after so spending so long here, seeing so many threads archive only for everybody to disperse and never see each other again, never know who we are talking to -- I'm starting to wish it wasn't so anonymous.
>>
>>28733652
just use reddit then you fucking faggot
>>
Go to Reddit then, you cum guzzling faggot.
>>
>>28733652
>Says fuck tripfags
>I WISH WE HAD NAMES AND PROFILES
Eat a dick
>>
Just go to reddit then

Faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 400x400
Kill urself, my dude

Originalkino
>>
and have all the cancerous toxic shit I said tied to me? no thx
>>
>>28733676
>>28733677
>>28733699
Huh here comes the le leddit hive mind

I agree with OP. There are substantial differences between an image board without anonymous protocol and Reddit, more than just the voting. Posting with names not tied to yourself in a community of like minded anonymous individuals can lead to a quite comfy community.

Just remember to not be so rude, that ruins communities more than suggestions like OPs... these posts rot the ether
>>
>>28733677
>>28733688
>>28733699
These dubs are correct. You should kill yourself OP
>>
Bruh, you are literally talking about a forced trip for everyone

Are you retarded?
>>
File: 1444240657948.jpg (2 MB, 2331x1458) Image search: [Google]
1444240657948.jpg
2 MB, 2331x1458
>>28733652
>only for everybody to disperse and never see each other again, never know who we are talking to -- I'm starting to wish it wasn't so anonymous

It's why I save pictures of people. It felt really nice to talk to another collector about someone we both mutually interacted with from years ago.
>>
>>28733809
I'm not OP, but what you are suggesting is completely different from OP. There is a difference between using a name and a trip code, and posting with a name doesn't necessarily have to be identifying when it can be so easily changed.

Imagine if, instead of anonymous being the default in the name field, it was just empty. You could still put anonymous if you chose, and many people would. Or you could choose a name for the thread. Or you could just use a name and become associated with it (swaglord). Or you could use a trip.
>>
>>28733752
>Just remember to not be so rude, that ruins communities more than suggestions like OPs... these posts rot the ether
that is so fucking incorrect. posts like these keep things the way they are, and faggots like OP come here because it is what it is. you have the opportunity to make contact if you want, it's your fault for being retarded
>>
kindly fuck off to reddit you fag enabler
>>
File: UmaruBurrito.png (381 KB, 710x569) Image search: [Google]
UmaruBurrito.png
381 KB, 710x569
>>28733993
why are you being so mean ;-;
>>
>>28734021
no spoonfeeding
>>
File: tumblr_o6jiwd0A1i1reugqko6_400.png (159 KB, 400x309) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6jiwd0A1i1reugqko6_400.png
159 KB, 400x309
>>28733652
why don't you just fill in the name field? dumb ass?
>>
>>28733676
>>28733677
>>28733699
>>28734016
>the difference between reddit and 4chan are solely profiles
Lol you faggots you should honestly eat some cyanide
>>
>>28734119
>tumblr
I'm talking about reputation, avatars, profiles

I wasn't referring to reddit. I just went on reddit for like my second time and clicked on someones profile and the shit doesnt make sense. Im talking more like forum profiles would be cool, nothing like the confusing reddit autism
>>
>>28734129
the underlying message is [spoilers]fucking leave[/spoilers]
>>
>>28734129
These people are gb2 Reddit opportunists
They wait for something that sounds like it wouldn't be liked by the majority then they say gb2 Reddit or /reddit/ or some shit

They enforce the majority opinion just as much as voting does on Reddit

I guarantee the same people who do this also exclusively frogpost and say "4chan isn't an anime imageboard"
>>
truly deranged people/shitposters/newfags have a specific style of writing, behavior, and are easy to distinguish across the threads, which makes it easier for us to chastise them. punishing the bad is all we need, not praising the good.
>>
>>28733652
It is only really useful for topical boards where credentials and experience give your opinion more validity. That way you don't have to regurgitate your resume in every thread.
/asp/ had a comfy namefag community for a while. We were even gonna have a meetup to fight each other, but then a few bad apples started stirring shit and they all either left or went incognito.
>>
>>28734170
you mean like every other social networking site? why do you want to change this one? you know how when people use the word "cancer" on this site, you are what they mean

why are you drawn to a place that interests you and then want to fundamentally fuck with it? what's wrong with you?
>>
>>28734182
why do people feel the need to write rules that are already naturally taken care of? these people are already chastised as you admit; you realize a tracking system will only be abused right? this is fucking clear, it happens on Reddit all the fucking time. why do you think this is a good idea here

and who's to say what a "good post" is? you would ban me for calling you out on your fucking retardation, wouldn't you?
>>
You know what? after all is said and done I know the site is not going to incorporate that faggot shit so I shouldn't be so mad at you for making a retarded suggestion. You should still kill yourself though.
>>
>>28734389
no anon, you have to be ever vigilant
>>
>>28733652
What I want is force trip on at least the slower boards like r9k to reduce the godawful glut of same fagging and accused same fagging that occurs
I bet our chad/fembot shitposting would be cut in half with that in place
>>
How do you guys think 4chan would change if the name wasn't anonymous by default?

If you had to put something in the name field every time?
>>
>>28734451
>>28734479
those are called post IDs
>>
>>28734170
>reputation, avatars, profiles

You mean all the toxic horseshit of other forums and communities that made 4chan such a breath of fresh air?

Make a trip if you want, and an informal reputation will begin to accrete. Share your contact info if you want persistent contact.

I'll still call you a soul-sucking cunt-faced dog rapist, but at least you won't be whining about not having a sparkly fucking avatar and a forum sig five pages long.
>>
>>28734508
Incorrect
You can still type anonymous or the same name as someone else if you feel like pretending to be that guy
>>
>>28734540
you mean like 420chan?
>>
>>28734585
No, that's just a random name
I mean you cannot post until you fill out the name field
>>
>>28733652

every post is me you're even me there is no other people it's just me in this place using a bunch of proxies to feign socializing to make myself life and make living just a little bit easier and maybe make my family think I have friends
>>
>>28734682
so like those streaming chats then

kind of pointless anon
>>
>>28734540
No he means post ID's like on /pol/
Go there hover your mouse over the ID of OPs post. It shows how many times he's posted in the thread and where.
With the right plugs installed you can search an ID to see what posts he has made that whole day.
It's why I want it here, it would remove a lot of the issues and make it both easier to report threads and get the retards that shitpost as girls and chads out of here fast.
>>
i like this chaos, better leave regulated discussions for every other site
>>
>>28734806
I'll regulate my cock up your ass
>>
>>28734806
You like having a slower b with more predictable bait tactics you mean.
>>
>>28734815
if thats what the userbase tends to, then it's fine, ratter that then passive agressive tactics of cohertion
>>
>>28734862
It's not passive agressive
it's pretty black and white. The board is still anonymous, it's just you can't shitpost as easy.
>>
>>28733652
No
Nobody is special here, it's just the faceless mob and it should stay that way
gb2 reddit homo
>>
>>28733652
Play vidya. Every other person playing games at midnight on a saturday is some sort of 4chan guy.
>>
its not that hard to fill in the name field
>>
>>28734119
I'd honestly like to stay anonymous since nobody in the next thread would know I'm a pleb :^)
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.