[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what point do you think you realized you weren't "normal"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: lonely-man.jpg (92 KB, 423x284) Image search: [Google]
lonely-man.jpg
92 KB, 423x284
At what point do you think you realized you weren't "normal"? You know, that you weren't good at socializing or talking to girls, or you were nigh-friendless, and just behind the average person your age in so many ways?
>>
>implying there was a single point of realization
ive always been a snowflake
>>
>>28732973
around grade four

so, around 20 years ago
>>
Hard to say. I guess I always felt different, or was made to feel different, but it didn't really sink in until adolescence. At some point I just said fuck it and embraced the role.

The thing about true autists though, is that they can never shake the conviction that they are normal and it's everybody else who's weird.
>>
>28732973
Like>>28733005
said, it wasn't a destination as much as it was a journey that I realized I'm not compatible. I suppose it started was when my father told me that (in summary) I was pathetic for liking videogames on the level that I did I pointed out how Bruce Willis looked like the main character from Ps3's 2007 FPS, HAZE. I was like, 11 or so, and knowing what my dad thought of me and my love in life destroyed any further outgoing nature from me. Kinda rough too considering childhood is a huge developmental stage in life and considering I spent it huddled up in my room away from the world and other people, drifting off in the only world I felt comfortable in, put me on a course of destruction that I'm sure at this point means I will die alone most likely suicide by age 25.

Sure, in retrospect, maybe I did talk about it a lot, but it was the thing that I knew. Faggots can talk about their cars and football all they want but I want to talk about videogames then I'm the bad guy.

I know I'm being irrational about my anger but I wouldn't have turned out this way if my dad would have just ignored me instead.
>>
>>28733296
your dads a cunt tbqh

hes just shitting on you to feel superior to someone
>>
>>28732973
Probably when I was diagnosed with mild autism

They found out later I was just a shy little fuck, but now I'm starting to think that was wrong and I really do have a touch of the 'tism.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.