[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Social anxiety solutions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1453598650652.jpg (20 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1453598650652.jpg
20 KB, 360x270
Post here what helps you in social situations

benzos are slowly becoming less and less helpful

I need other techniques to calm down in crowded areas
>>
I like to do this thing where my hands shake and I look at my feet
>>
>>28731724
Honestly i know it's a meme but truly the best thing you can do is just be yourself
>>
>>28731724
diagnosed social anxiety disorder here
i started part time a few months ago at a call center
i really needed the job but it was very hard for me with panic attacks and buckets of sweat
i've slowly gotten much better
have had literally thousands of phone calls, thousands going as horribly wrong as possible
always just move to the next
now i feel i am in command during most phone calls
i feel more this way in person as well
it has helped my anxiety more than anything else
>>
>>28731724
Work on your poise, breh. Stand up straight, don't look at your feet while you walk like an autist or Scandinavian, and don't walk stiff as a board either cos that's how you can tell if someone is autismus as well.

Act like a confident and comfortable person, and eventually you'll start to feel it.
>>
>>28731724
#1 that helped me was becoming more depressed. it begins to override the anxiety
>>
>>28731887
I literally have no one "to be". Its not like Im holding back acting like a sperg or that Im dying to talk to people but cant, its thats I have absolutely nothing to say. Often in school I would get asked why Im so quiet. I was always pretty comfortable around people but just had nothing to say. I have no problem sitting around in silence with other people but thats not socially acceptable for the most part. I feel like I am expected to talk to co workers or new people.

wat do

oh well
>>
>>28732058
talk to the end of a gun just one time and you're cured.
>>
bumpo

pls help
>>
File: 1410105762401.jpg (8 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1410105762401.jpg
8 KB, 250x250
smoke lots of weed. bob marley knows it makes ya feel alright. i mean just look at those squinty eyed fucks man 420 man
>>
>>28732347
Whatever you do don't do this. Especially if you're autistic.
>>
>>28732058
Seriously, if someone asks why you're so quiet just say you have nothing to say. Because its a place of truth you will appear to not be compensating or lying. Its not hard to be yourself, being yourself is really just a shitty of to say be truthful
>>
>>28731939
This.

A gradual exposure to stress induced situations after practising calming techniques along with a good therapist is the most effective way to overcome anxiety and or panic attacks.

Once you start to face your demons, you gain the ability to better your personality, your will power, and self esteem.
>>
>>28732347
weed is 50/50 chace to lower or increase anxiety

alcohol on the other hand...
>>
>>28731724
I started smoking weed for the first time last week and for once I could hold a conversation for more than a minute
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.