[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the best part about Japan is you can't understand anyone,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (286 KB, 1242x1763) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
286 KB, 1242x1763
the best part about Japan is you can't understand anyone, so when they're insulting you or talking shit it doesn't hurt because you will not understand them anyway. god is good.
>>
>japan
>anyone talking shit to you ever
>>
>>28731349
Lol that's cute that you think that
>>
>>28731371
Redpill me on Japan, then, anon.
>>
File: image.png (335 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.png
335 KB, 1080x1920
>>28731389
There are bullies and rude people everywhere
>>
my uncle has been to japan and china, he said just being a white man and fluent with english makes you feel like a celebrity and you are instantly chad (apparently its possible to get paid money by rich chinese people just to be in their 'entourage').
is he talking out his ass or is this real?

could i go to japan and dress up like a 60s / 70s hippie and just travel the country singing karaoke? (i have only ever sung in my room but i can fucking kill any old dadrock song like led zeppelin or the stones, hendrix, etc).
i know i could do that anywhere, but would i be respected and seen as cool in japan?
>>
>>28731491
Yeah it's true but anyone non-asian is going to get attention. It's not an exclusive white thing.
>>
>>28731426
talking about weight gain/loss in Asia isn't even close to an insult. it's basically just daily conversational topics, kinda like talking about the weather.
it just sounds insulting to foreigners because of how sensitive everyone is about weight.
>>
>>28731800
You only think it is ok because Japanese people do it and in your eyes Japanese people are kawaii little angels who can do no wrong. If a white person called you fat or anyone else fat in such a blunt way you'd find it rude.
>>
>>28731863
>You only think it is ok because Japanese people do it and in your eyes Japanese people are kawaii little angels who can do no wrong. If a white person called you fat or anyone else fat in such a blunt way you'd find it rude.
you stupid fuck its perfectly fine to call someone fat. if they are fat then there is nothing wrong with saying they are fat. you think I am offended when someone calls me skinny?
>>
File: 1463646659713.jpg (75 KB, 1138x1042) Image search: [Google]
1463646659713.jpg
75 KB, 1138x1042
>>28731328
Agree. I've been hanging out on futaba channel recently because I'm so disgusted with /r9k/ lately I'd rather run everything through a translator, or just check out some of the weird pictures than talk to these assholes most of the time now.
Pic related: Found it there, and the femanons have got /r9k/ by the balls.
>>
>>28731973
Yeah right. If someone called you fat or ugly you'd run home crying, Especially if you aren't even fat. Japanese people will call people who are average/thin fat too. Unless you literal bones they will make fun of you for being fat. Also, American school bullies are nothing compared to Japanese bullies. They will not only want to bully you, they want to tear you down to the point you kill yourself and have no hope left.
>>
>>28731863
yeah, no.
it's literally just a descriptive word.
kind of like if your hair grow or gets cut and people mention it, except weight gain/loss happens a lot more commonly.

I don't give a shit if anyone calls me fat. it's only rude if they obviously intend for it to be an insult.
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 183x276) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 183x276
>>28732413
This is the person they were picking on for being fat btw
>>
>>28731328
>implying I don't know Japanese
>>
>>28732413
Someone could call you ugly or stupid without intending for it to be an insult.
>>
>>28732493
The difference is those terms are explicitly negative, stupid is definitely worse than smart, ugly is definitely worse than beautiful.

In Asia, the cultural meaning of fatness is not nearly as explicitly negative as the word is in the west. Do you think chubby hubby is a negative term or more a term of endearment? Perhaps chubby is closer to the Japanese usage of fat in this translation
>>
>>28731426
Heartless creatures that try to look cute and quiet but actually lack empathy. We need to bomb them a third time desu
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.