[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Parents' friends come over >TFW scared to go downstairs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: sad_pepe_by_nihhal-d92w1ah.jpg (88 KB, 900x877) Image search: [Google]
sad_pepe_by_nihhal-d92w1ah.jpg
88 KB, 900x877
>Parents' friends come over
>TFW scared to go downstairs
>Get hungry and try to get some food before running back to my room
>They spot me
>"Hello anon! How old are you now? Wow! 22 years old already? My, you must be swamped with work, finished university already? Been smashing ladies lately?"
>"Y-ye-ye heheh... yeah... you know... just taking a break and now I'm single r-right now..."
>Tell me anon, what do you like?
>"Well my i-interests include economics... G-g-gnu/Linux... Software development and embedded systems... i-i-i've been investing a-as well as l-learning Spanish.."
>"You should meet my son! He's 16 years old I'm sure you'd get along great!"
>>
It's okay, anon, you have some pretty cool interests. Just try to be "busy" if they actually try and follow up with meeting their son, though. You're "swamped with work", after all.

I'd recommend keeping an emergency food stash in case this happens again.
>>
File: IMG_20160521.jpg (138 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160521.jpg
138 KB, 720x720
>>28730784
What distro do you run qt
>>
>>28731085
a-arch...
>>
>>28731024
I just want to fucking move out anon

I hate living with my parents so much, fuck this shit. I almost have enough money i think too but I've never lived on my own so i'm scared
>>
>>28730784
Computer engineer?
>>
>>28731162
n-n-no... I dropped out, I'm just a hobbyist.
>>
File: 1452196674995.png (16 KB, 917x1186) Image search: [Google]
1452196674995.png
16 KB, 917x1186
>Mom's birthday tomorrow
>Everyone will be coming over for pie and cofee and shit
>Even my hot cousin which i still want to fuck will be there
>No excuse not to come down at least once and say hello or some shit

Holy fuck i'm going to be needing an extra truckload of valerian for dis
>>
>>28731195
breh, you should go back and ace all your classes even the weirdo guys over here have friends.
>>
>>28731238
I dropped out of highschool and never completed it.

I've pretty miuch given up on life, I just do things as I feel like doing them these days. It's a huge load off my shoulders but it kind of sucks too.

I work on improving myself by reading books, gym, learning Spanish, etc etc but I like not being forced to do anything and doing it as I wish.
>>
>>28731275
Do you want to be forced to do it? I kind of get what you mean though. When it's not the school year I don't do anything because it doesn't affect me academically and it sucks.

At least you're learning it on your own though. I feel like I'm only learning because I'm forced to.
>>
File: 1463667589380.jpg (74 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1463667589380.jpg
74 KB, 1200x1200
>>28731102
>He's an archfag
>>
>>28731392
That meme can apply to any Distro or OS, man.

Arch is great

>>28731356
>At least you're learning it on your own though. I feel like I'm only learning because I'm forced to

Kind of. I only do things I want to do, like I'll start learning something new and if I'm enjoying it for months and then all of a sudden i stop enjoying it I abandon it. Leads me to struggle meeting any sort of longterm goals but it's definitely a lot easier and more enjoyable.
>>
>>28730784
You genuinely sound like an interesting guy OP.

Being in similar shoes when I was your age, all I can say is to keep at what you enjoy doing, and you'll find satisfaction in life, I promise.
>>
>>28731428
Have you worked on any projects? I'm guessing your main language is C?

Can we be friends?
>>
>>28731511
I don't even want to be my own friend.
>>
>>28731545
Well okay, senpai. :(
>>
>>28731124
OP, I'm gonna be completely 100% honest with you here:

FUCK THIS STATE OF MIND AND FUCK THIS MENTALITY

Believe me when I say that living on your own in the year 2016 is a fucking God-send that you should take whenever it comes your way. The thing is with living alone is that it is the 1 place you are completely free to do what you want and be yourself as you please. Wanna browse /r9k/ all day on the weekend? You're free to do that now. Wanna jack off without fear of someone knocking on your door unexpectedly? You're free to do that now. Wanna go to bed when you? You're free to do that now. Wanna set YOUR standards for cleanliness? You're free to do that now.

Living on your own is the best thing a robot, or any isolated/introverted person could do for themselves. Whether it is with friends or with strangers, living with another person is a fucking bitch that will stress every last bit of tolerance you have until you accept it or snap. I snapped and was determined to live by myself and 3 years later I can sit in my own room with my laptop in a clean apartment after jacking off KNOWING I can go to bed without some other faggot playing guitar or vidya some 30 minutes after I turn off all the lights.

If you're close to moving out, don't fuck it up now. Save and invest that shit wisely. You will look back on these thoughts now and laugh at how you could've ever conceived of such an idea.
>>
>>28732571
Man everytime I was about to move out something went gravely wrong, that's why I'm still here.

>Literally about to move out in a couple months
>Get severely injured

>Be now
>Get job, ready to move out again
>Another medical issue I'm going to doctors every week for to figure out

fuck this, if I figure it out and i'm healthy again I'm moving out I'm moving out without a doubt by the end of summer this year.

>Believe me when I say that living on your own in the year 2016 is a fucking God-send that you should take whenever it comes your way. The thing is with living alone is that it is the 1 place you are completely free to do what you want and be yourself as you please.

Totally agree man. I fell for the "Don't move out and stay with ur parents until ur 35" meme, the money you save is *NOT* worth it in the slightest. your social skills falter, your motivation drops like a rock, everything sucks really, not worth the ~$1000 you'd be spending living with roommates or whatever.
>>
>>28732876
What's your med condition, OP?

Is it really worth putting off something you know you absolutely want?
>>
>>28732918
Don't want to get too much into it but I'm worried I have a tumor or something along those lines
>>
>>28732989
Fuck.

Is it honestly something seems plausible? Or something you're just afraid you may or may not have?
>>
>>28733046
I dunno, symptoms are pretty bad and I'm waiting to get some tests back.
>>
>>28733046
>>28733058
either way it's been driving me crazy and I'm really worried, long story
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 800x800
>it's my birthday soon
>parents will invite my entire family yet again
>>
File: 1219-0-cry.jpg (27 KB, 460x282) Image search: [Google]
1219-0-cry.jpg
27 KB, 460x282
>>28733111
For me it's simpler, it's more of a "Hey anon happy birthday, say... Why don't you try to improve this year? It's about time a man like you got a girlfriend, I really want you to be happy, anon"

t-thanks dad... y-you too...
>>
>>28730784
This is why my dad built a room over our garage and moved me out of the house
Got a fridge, micro/convection oven, hot plate, apartment washer/dryer, got satellite, a small sleeping room and the big room, pretty sweet, mom even does my shopping
No more embarrassment for the folks
Living on your own isn't really all that tough
>>
>>28733058
>>28733083
Assuming you're still here...

I know listening to a random fag on /r9k/ isn't exactly the best thing to do, but if there is anything I can do to help those who have opportunities to escape our shit lives, I guess I can offer something...

Unless this shit is going to kill you or put you in serious shit, I would recommend trying to put it off for a house. Again, I'm some faggot from /r9k/ and I know nothing about this whole story. However, if from what you know you feel you could do without it, fucking go for it, man.
>>
>>28734920
Yeah I'm still here(kept tab open lel), yeah that's the plan man. I'm just preparing everything for a very smooth transition by the end of this summer.

Assuming I'm fine and I don't die of course.
>>
>>28734986
best of luck to you, op. glad you're someone on here who can get his shit together
>>
File: wYrXHEn.gif (288 KB, 330x497) Image search: [Google]
wYrXHEn.gif
288 KB, 330x497
>>28730784
lets just commit mass suicide real quick doe bruh
>>
>used to play guitar. haven't in years.
>every time i'm around extended family they ask me to play for them despite my obvious discomfort
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.