[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you ever feel like you're going crazy when you think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1452714391208.png (74 KB, 389x365) Image search: [Google]
1452714391208.png
74 KB, 389x365
Do you ever feel like you're going crazy when you think of how you will cease to exist for an eternity after you die? No more being conscious? Just nothing?
>>
I'm manic depressive so I pretty much linger between "There's no point so nothing matters." and "This is the only thing that's going on so might as well do shit."
It's profound to think that you never had to exist but here you are and you'll stop existing soon enough.
>>
Went through that when I was 8. I couldn't stop thinking about it, couldn't sleep, I'd even cry sometimes. Then it just went away.
>>
not really. i'll be dead so i really won't' give a fuck. i spent 5 billion years not existing i figure i can spend another 5 billion years that way.
>>
>>28729377
Why is the idea of non-existence so disconcerting to some people? I haven't fully come to terms with it or anything myself but for it to fuck with me mentally is unthinkable.
>>
File: david-rockefeller.jpg (41 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
david-rockefeller.jpg
41 KB, 600x315
When younger yes. Just stop thinking about it and realize it's happened to everyone who has ever existed and will happen to everyone that's ever going to exist and there's nothing that can be done about it

Or you can try getting rich and cheating death while decaying
>>
Yep. I do this all the time. However in 2013 I ingested a pretty large amount of synthetic LSD (about the amount that causes people to OD, yes you can OD on the synthetic stuff) and I've kind of assuaged those thoughts by telling myself that I died and crossed into a parallel universe and the whole Trump thing is proof that I no longer exist in the old universe but have landed in the Trump universe.

idk, It's probably not the right answer but it's an answer. Guess this is how people become religious.
>>
>>28729488
For a few years i'd shake and have trouble sleeping because I feared non-existence
It ended up going away, but to be quite honest, it feels extremely different when I think about death nowadays, back then thinking about death felt like entering a realm of dread, like if had access to an hidden cold truth awhile now I just feel like i'm totally delusional which allows me to say retarded edgy shit like "I wanna die", but the only reason I can say it is because I don't think much about death anymore
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.