[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me literally ONE reason you haven't gone to an anime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 30
File: loss.jpg (211 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
loss.jpg
211 KB, 1280x720
Give me literally ONE reason you haven't gone to an anime or video game convention.
>>
>>28728171
I don't like anime and I am a casual gamer.
>>
>>28728171
Just got into anime and the """""gaming""""" conventions in my area are shit.
>>
they're too far
>>
>>28728205
If you're not a nerd why haven't you had sex?
>>
>>28728171
but i have
>>
I have, and I saw this guy yesterday lol
>>
>>28728171
Avoidant Personality Disorder, I try to avoid going outside or interacting with people in a non-anonymous way as much as possible.
>>
>>28728171
There's not really any in Tucson.
>>
They're too cringy even for me. I keep the power level concealed
>>
>>28728171
I'm not autistic enough to attend this kind of meme
>>
>>28728171
I may be a loser, but I am not a limp wristed liberal faggot with low testosterone who watches shitty ass cartoons.
>>
Cons are for outgoing people who have somehow ended up with odd hobbies. I fit neither of those marks.
>>
File: 1462026271882.gif (769 KB, 400x247) Image search: [Google]
1462026271882.gif
769 KB, 400x247
>loss is mainstream now
this sucks
normies aren't funny
>>
>>28728245
If you don't wear a cosplay, nobody will mostly notice you're there.
>>28728251
But you're autistic enough to go on /r9k/. Got it.
>>28728252
Not everybody who goes to these convention is limp wristed and liberal. The fact most conventions have 4chan meetups, and /pol/ influences most conventions, there's probably going to be low testosterone racists instead.
>>
I have a life outside of video games. I don't watch Japanese cartoons. I also live in the middle of butt fuck forest in Canada
>>
>>28728257
Yes, but there's methods of socialization for the many people who aren't outgoing.
Most conventions have a game room, in this game room you can talk a bit with people, while playing games, board games or video games.
It's easier to have this conversation because if you don't know what to say you can just keep playing the game.

Also, panels you don't have to say anything, and it's like having a conversation.
>>
>>28728323
Well, if you ever go to Toronto there's a bunch of conventions near it
Anime North is huge
Fan Expo has over 100,000 people, features sports celebrities comics and video games, and has inside
>>
>>28728171
I live far away from any city that has them
I was going to go to acen, but my parents thought that having their son go into chicago by himself for the first time was scary and told me I couldn't go

I also have 0 friends IRl and online and have no real chance of making any more even if I go to a con, I would just be the guy who walks around by himself
>>
>>28728362
I live a 7 hour drive north from Toronto.
>Anime North?
As said before i don't watch Japanese cartoons. (Im assuming there are more then just cartoons there but still)
>>
When to PAX solo, suprisingly fun but I wish I went with friends
>>
My powerlevel isn't high enough

I just watch some moeshit once in a while. I can't really hold a conversation about popular anime. or games for that matter, I don't see any of the people I used to play tabletop games with anymore, and for video games I'm both a pleb and tend to play one game exclusively for a long time instead of sampling a lot of new stuff, so it's hard to talk to other people that play vidya.
>>
i can hardly even go to the grocery store or the 20 feet at 2am to go to the laundry room

being around that many people would probably kill me.
>>
>>28728234
I was there as well, anon. Maybe we saw each other.
>>
I've been considering going to anime north one of these days, but its a 4 hours drive away and I'm poor and wouldn't even be able to buy much stuff
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcifngvnh54
>>
>>28728218
I have, many times. I mean, I play games a lot but I will buy like two-three games a year at most. I never pre-order games or get hyped over them, I don't care that much.
>>
I've gone to a convention. they are so boring. You just walk around and buy stuff. Like what do you even do? there's people in costumes but who cares about that shit? It's just a place for social people to be social with strangers. And to buy merch. Which I don't do.
>>
>>28728171
too poor
>>
I have agoraphobia and being around that many people would almost certainly cause a panic attack.

Even if that wasn't the case, weeaboos are bad people and I don't want to spend time near them. Don't get me wrong, I like anime, but cons aren't for people who like anime, they're for weeaboos.
>>
>>28728171
Because I'm not a faggot.
>>28728235
That's just your preference, not a fucking disorder. Stop listening to the fucktard 'doctors' that claim it's a fucking 'disorder'.
>>
I'm not into anime, and I don't treat games like a social hobby.
>>
>>28728171
>going out in public

You have been muted for 2 seconds, because your comment was not original.
>>
I have.. but just a local one. I had a lot of fun though.

But I would like to go to one of the bigger ones. But I dont know anyone else IRL who likes anime so it wont happen.
>>
>>28728252

Something I hate more than limp wrested faggots is rednecks, desu.
>>
I'm going this week with my best friend and his girlfriend. They're cosplaying some chinese cartoon together so I need to put some kind of costume together so I'm not a total third wheel.
>>
>>28728299
>The fact most conventions have 4chan meetups

What boards do people go to for 4chan meetups at anime cons?
>>
>>28728609

Dont most cons have panels? Thats what makes them not boring.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 640x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 640x500
>>28728817
Ginko's pretty easy t b h desu fampai. Jeans or khakis, white shirt, wooden box for a backpack, rolled ciggy that you never smoke, blonde or white wig.

Some green color change contacts if you're really dedicated.

sauce is Mushishi. Also a good place to start if you want to get into anime, it's pretty chill.
>>
>>28728907
I don't care about behind the scenes Q&A's with celebrities I will never talk to.
>>
File: WP_20150404_023 1.jpg (2 MB, 1802x3200) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150404_023 1.jpg
2 MB, 1802x3200
I have senpai, but it's expensive generally. there's no good con in my area so I have to go to other cities.
>>
Most of the people there are fucking cringey as shit or annoying as fuck NERRDD girls
>>
>>28728968

The local con I went to had panels for karaoke (which anyone could participate in), one showing funny maymay videos, another one for yaoi shit, etc. and a rave close to midnight.

But bare in mind this is a small local con, not one of those big sellout ones.
>>
>>28729075
None of that sounds appealing.
>>
>>28728857
/cgl/ is the convention board, so they go there.
>>
>>28728171
I don't like them that much.
>>
>>28728965
I was thinking of doing Yato from Noragami since it's one of my favorite shows and I have blue eyes + plenty of dark clothes. That or No Face, since he's one of my favorite characters from any movie ever. I'd have to make a mask but besides that it'd be similarly easy to pull off.

Mushishi has been on my watch list forever, but I don't know why I constantly put off watching it.
>>
>>28728379
There's always meet ups and panels.
If there's a panel on say Umineko or VNs, you could go that and meet people there.
Also /cgl/ always has 4chan meetups, and people go on /cgl/ explicitly for the thread related to their local convention
>>
>>28729092

Well, thats like, your opinion, anon. I think its fun.

>>28729179

I havent visited /cgl/ in like 5 years. And that was only once.. I'll have to try going there more often then. Thanks.
>>
File: smelly_276609.jpg (35 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
smelly_276609.jpg
35 KB, 620x400
>>28728171
the smell

that original smell
>>
>>28728646
>cancer is just a preference not a sickness, stop listening to the fucktard "doctors"
Dude, are you serious?
>>
>>28728506
Ew you're creepy
>>
>>28728171
I don't play vidya or watch anime
>>
>>28728171
I have a shit memory so I can't discuss anime and I have social anxiety. It's a bad excuse, I know.
>>
>>28729212
That's good for you. The thread is why I wouldn't go to a con. The answer is because they have nothing appealing to me at all ever.
>>
>>28728447
Did you meet any cool people?
>>28728463
Well, most conventions tend to have a big tabletop section, so going there might help you find people in your area.
>>
>>28728798
>le evil lazy redneck bogeyman holding back all the progress #imwithher
Kill yourself
>>
>>28728522
I don't buy stuff at AN, I look at stuff I'd want to buy, write it down then order it online eventually, for cheaper.
>>
the conventions in my area are infested with homestucks
>>
>>28728609
There's panels, where people discuss shows or manga you're interested in.
There's video game/board games, some having free arcade machines which can be fun.
>>
>>28728171
Cosplay of any kind genuinely disgusts me. It's difficult to explain the reason behind it but seeing it fills me with hate.
>>
>>28728720
So, you've never played a tabletop game before then I guess?
>>
>>28728766
What happened robot?
Tell me about it.
>>
>>28728171
There is not such a thing in my country.
Anyway,I wouldn't go to one despite my interest in anime and vidya.
>>
>>28729231
What do you do?
>>28729354
That's pretty shitty, but it's very easy to avoid them, just look away from the gray
>>
>>28729197
Characters that are really simple like that always seem really hard to pull off well, IMO. They're so simple that any flaws become magnified and super apparent.

idk tho, I've never done any cosplay myself, but my friends are really into it.
>>
>>28729355
Panels aren't worth. Video games can be played at home far easier.
>>
File: squidward.png (49 KB, 300x191) Image search: [Google]
squidward.png
49 KB, 300x191
I have a avoidant personality disorder, going out there is impossible for me
>>
>>28728171
I like anime but I hate those fucking subhuman weebs.

I will go to one anyway next september because my gf likes to cosplay
>>
>>28728622
I had bad agoraphobia and panic attacks and I once went to an anime con alone.

Often I would have to retreat to the bathroom or the isolated third floor of the building just to recompose myself. It took a lot of effort, but I guess my love for weeb shit beat out everything in the end. I made no friends and talked to no one but I was still glad I went.

I guess exposure therapy is a thing I did unintentionally.
>>
>>28729422
That's a good point. I guess I better just not fuck up then.
>>
>>28729294

Dont you have some Trump threads to shitpost in and some Budweiser to buy?
>>
>>28729415
>look away from the gray
that's easier said than done when they're honking horns and playing duck-duck-goose in crowded hotel lobbies, not to mention literally screaming at everything
i have so many homestuck horror stories
>>
>>28729575
>Often I would have to retreat to the bathroom or the isolated third floor of the building just to recompose myself. It took a lot of effort, but I guess my love for weeb shit beat out everything in the end. I made no friends and talked to no one but I was still glad I went.

Are you me? Thats exactly me.

Went to a con despite having social anxiety and hating being around too many people. But my love of weebshit and being surrounded by them won out at the end.
I also didnt make any friends since I didnt talk to anyone but still glad I went.

It's scary how similar I am to many people on /r9k/.
>>
>>28728171
honestly man, ive been to 2. i have no friends and i go by myself, and i feel really awkward, so i probably wont go to anymore.
>>
>>28728171
social anxiety is too potent for me to go anywhere. Just going to the store/class is bad enough.
>>
>>28729772
Which conventions did you go to anon?
>>
File: tumblr_n9g823588A1th9039o1_500.jpg (44 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9g823588A1th9039o1_500.jpg
44 KB, 500x495
>>28728171
I live too far away from any of them.
The complication of trying to get time off work and save up money to go to one just isnt fucking worth it to me
Plus im actually pretty casual at anime and games so even id be out of place there
>>
>>28729075
>and a rave close to midnight.
Jesus.. I can only imagine the autism and generic edm at a con rave
>>
>>28729858
i live in northern cali, so i went to fanime con in san jose. that was pretty cool. then i went to sac anime in sacramento. it sort of sucked, to be frank. just a way tinier version of fanime con, and everything shuts down at 11pm. in my opinion, they should have shit to do round the clock, all weekend long
>>
>>28728171
I have only heard legends of such places
>>
I've been to one (MCM London) and the people were insufferable weebs and stank of sweat and piss. Plus the stalls sold stuff you could buy online anyway.
>>
When anime Boston came around I had to choose between buying a ticket to that or buying weed and I bought weed. Also I don't like anime
>>
>>28728171
I did go once. It was everything I thought it would be, and worse.
>>
I have gone to plenty, probably more than 15. I always go by myself, and there is never any guarantee I don't end up alone the whole day.
It can be fun though, and some of my greatest experiences have been at conventions.

A lot of people make friends at conventions, but not me. Still friendless, but at least I know some people and sometimes I can spend some time at conventions with them.

>>28729354
Homestucks may have a bad reputation, but I have had nothing but good experiences with Homestuck fans. They are really nice people, great to be around. If you like Homestuck, you should totally try to cosplay it and join the fans, Homestuck fans are so friendly
>>
>>28729891

Kek, pretty much. It was all j-pop and EDM. Lots of autism for sure.

I only stayed at the rave for a bit and decided to hit the karaoke panel instead. People singing A Cruel Angel's Theme and other anime openings was cool to see.
>>
>>28729201
>/cgl/ meetups
oh wow, you mean I could meet up with fat girls who are about 5-6 years younger than I am?
wow, that sounds like a whole lot of fun being the guy driving 16 year old girls around while they troll for chad cock at a convention
>>
>>28730147
Okay, I guess that wasn't clear.
/cgl/ is the cosplay board, if you try make convention threads on /a/, you get banned.
So people from /a/ and /m/ and /jp/ go onto /cgl/ for those threads, and go to the meetups.
They're not /cgl/ meetups, they're 4chan meetups.
>>
>>28729835
>>28729471

You cant tell anxiety get the best of you.. I know this from having social anxiety/general anxiety myself. If you always let it win, you will NEVER do anything with your life. You will always be in your safe zone, wishing you could've done this or that.

Just go out there and do it anons. Fuck your anxiety. You cant let it keep you from doing things. You will be glad you pushed yourself out of your safe space.
>>
>>28730182
it's not much better
/a/ is full of 16 year old gay guys who are obsessed with acting like sissies online
/jp/ is the same way only they like touhou instead of SoL anime
/m/ is 20 something manime watchers who scoff at everything that isn't the newest mecha show
/cgl/ is a bunch of 16 year old fat girls who like to think they're models because they can pick up people for casual sex at cons

man, there are a lot of people worth meeting up with and spending my trip with from those boards anon
from my experience, 99% of people on 4chan are not worth it
they are angry people who think only about themselves and want someone who is exactly 100% the same as them
and then they want you to send them a pic of your dick because they're all faggots who are obsessed with cock
>>
I went to the last two Otakons, but I didn't really like it.

The first time I went with a roommate and we just wandered around taking pictures of cosplayers and went to a few panels/event things. None of them were really that interesting, though.

The second time I went alone and did basically the same thing. Near the end of it, I went to a /cgl/ meetup where we walked to a bar and yelled "REEEEEEE NORMIES" after we sat down. That was kinda funny, but they were all actually normalfags, so I just finished my food (I don't drink, so no alcohol) then went home.

I probably won't go to another con.
>>
>>28728299
>be happa manlet
>no friends
>see animecon next week near apartment
>decide that this could be the moment that I stop being robot
>don't go with cosplay, just a white shirt and jeans
>walk into the floor and not overwhelmed with the feeling to run
>start looking at the booths, spilling tons of spaghetti, but no one cares
>feel significantly better than any time in the last few years
>almost.png
>Chad with Jean display starts yelling at his harem
>"HEY LOOK ITS SHINJI, WHY ARE YOU SO SAD? YOU SHOULD JUST GET IN THE ROBOT!"
>cue everyone in 20 m radius laughing hysterically
>Chad comes over and starts slapping me on the back
>cry and run home

That was in march
I thought they would accept me as that I enjoyed the animus and the mangoes but Chad and his harem have to always ruin everything
>>
I only watch subbed anime and all the panel's have English voice actors or people related to the localization side of Japanese media. I don't really care what a voice actor has to say about a video game. I don't like spending money, so the merchant hall is a bust for me. Cons seem like a decent place to pick up desperate chicks, but I always go with friends and most people go with friends, so the logistics behind sleeping with anyone are too difficult to make it worth it.

Conventions just don't offer me anything. If I want figures I buy them online. If I want to talk about anime or videogames, I go on /a/ or /v/ or talk to my friends. If I want to see chicks in cosplay, I don't, because I've never seen the appeal.

More than one reason, but do you need more than one to not subject yourself to the company of smelly autistic nerds?
>>
If EVO counts I'm going to that this year.

Otherwise, I'm not in to a variety of video games and the only anime series I would like enough to go to an event for aren't super popular over here or are already dead/past their prime
>>
>>28728171
>can't get embarrassing thoughts out of my head because of the last time i went to one of those cons
>afraid of most people nowadays because im afraid some redditor will make fun of me
>phones and cameras scare me
>>
File: 1448001537057.jpg (40 KB, 387x409) Image search: [Google]
1448001537057.jpg
40 KB, 387x409
I've been to a handful

Was at a room party and got pretty drunk and asked a qt gril if I could kiss her

She ran away
>>
File: This is great.jpg (120 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
This is great.jpg
120 KB, 960x720
>>28730280
I wish I went to earlier Otakons.
The director of LoGH would go every year, giving raw scans and stuff to fans.
It was my favorite anime of all time, so I regret never being able to meet him.
>>
does anything good ever happen at a video game convention? i play blizzard games and blizzcon looks like the stupidest gathering of faggots i've ever seen. i'd love to go as an invited player but why would i give those chinkjews any more of my money to hear a bunch of hype bullshit that will just get posted on forums? anyone? do master league starcraft players get assigned korean girlfriends or something because maybe then i'd train and go but otherwise fuck the corporate faggots that own games.

that's like soccer fans giving money to fifa to hear a bunch of bullshit about soccer. stupid shit.
>>
>>28730521
NEVER ASK GIRLS IF YOU CAN KISS THEM.
THE ANSWER WILL ALWAYS BE NO
>>
>>28730402
I was wrong.
God damn it nerd chad.
>>
>>28728506
Ehh, maybe. I wasn't cosplaying I was just wearing glasses and a hoodie.
>>
>>28730522
sounds fucking cool
>>28730540
yap theres no good reason to be at them
>>
File: Manly Men.jpg (383 KB, 848x1250) Image search: [Google]
Manly Men.jpg
383 KB, 848x1250
>>28730570
http://www.otakon.com/noboruishiguro.asp
A great guy
>>
File: otakon meetup.jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
otakon meetup.jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
>>28730250
Here's a photo of what a meetup looks like.
Bottom left is the meetup
>>
File: loghd201b.jpg (56 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
loghd201b.jpg
56 KB, 640x480
>>28730633
watching this now
>>
One of my great fears is ending up a weeaboo, and the only vidya I play are shitty flash/webgl games.
>>
File: Finding love.jpg (399 KB, 390x1500) Image search: [Google]
Finding love.jpg
399 KB, 390x1500
>>28730710
It's really about time.
>>
I'm self-conscious about this kind of shit from years of keeping it under wraps from normies and I think I'd cringe or get annoyed a lot by the other nerds
>>
>>28730521
>Was at a room party and got pretty drunk and asked a qt gril if I could kiss her

Then you got arrested a few minutes later and put on a sex offender registry?
>>
>>28730402
...why'd you have to be a pussy and run?
>>
>>28728171
what exactly are you supposed to do at them?
>>
>>28730931
read the thread, baka
>>
>>28730931
Hit on nerdy chicks/guys in cosplay?
>>
File: 1384910127124.png (632 KB, 1116x1060) Image search: [Google]
1384910127124.png
632 KB, 1116x1060
I'm going to one soon, by myself. No idea why, just nostalgic for my youth I guess. I have no expectations, and probably will just be a passive observer the whole time. But I want to see if I can regain a feeling of humanity by being in a crowded area near other human beings for a few days. The loneliness has gotten to that level. Sometimes I go stand around at malls for the same reason.
>>
>>28730999
What convention is it?
Is it Anime North?
>>
>>28730686
that doesn't disprove it
looks like a bunch of 18-20 year old guys in touhou girl cosplay
>>
File: sip.png (23 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
sip.png
23 KB, 450x450
>>28728171
>mfw I get the joke on OP's image.
>>
>>28731035
no, akon
>>
>>28728171

Not a big anime fan and I enjoy watching anime alone.

I thought about going to one to find a gf but I thought against it because only the biggest whores on the planet put out at anime conventions.
>>
Who going to Fanime here?
>>
>>28731093
Actually, not quite.
It's one of the time nerdy men and women used to have sex, before normies started infiltrating.
Being surrounded by people who you get, in hotels while dressing up and pretending to be someone else. They're less likely to put out at a convention, but more likely to start dating you.
>>
The types that attend are pure cancer and always have been. Ugly /cgl/ bicurious chicks all with the same annoying donkey laugh and autistic failures that chase after them. I'd only go to take their parents' money.
>>
>>28732148
Not like you're a catch yourself.
>>
File: 1459301036233.jpg (191 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
1459301036233.jpg
191 KB, 750x1334
I have no friends and am too autistic to initiate conversation.

If you're any better than me get the fuck off this board.
>>
>>28732171
You'd be surprised, but stay triggered.
>>
File: 1005.jpg (28 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
1005.jpg
28 KB, 450x600
>>28728171
I went to many of those in my country, but they aren't like the ones in america, they are shitty, boring, hot, smell bad and the girls doing cosplay aren't even that cute.
>>
>>28732206
I'm a man, I'm just saying that if you're on /r9k, it wouldn't hurt to lower your standards.
>>
>>28732235
I don't have that problem, I'd shoot myself in the asshole before I went near a con girl's vagina.
>>
>>28731091
Are you going to the 4chan meetup?
>>
>>28731091
>>28732388
I'm reading up on the thread from last year's Akon
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/cgl/thread/S8371084#p8371084
neat stuff.
>>
>>28728621
same here poor as fuck. I pay 50 dollars for a convention that i want to spend over 300 on stupid fan lore. I guess there is fun going
>>
I'm going to go to a local con just for kicks. My plan is to make a shitty headband from braided cloth and then walk around and talk to people.
>>
I'm not a normalfag like everyone else on reddit9k.
>>
>>28732641
why wear a headband?
>>
the people that go there are the worst normies society has to offer
atleast Chad just takes your lunch money and fucks your oneitis
>>
>>28732824
>People who go watch Lucky star in a theatre while cross dressed as an anime character are the worst normies society has to offer
What did he mean by this?
>>
I've considered going to a Melee tournament since that's the only game I'm into that has a competitive scene; other than that I've considered trying to host my own Mario Kart: Double Dash tournament somewhere since that's the only game I'm good at. A GDQ event just doesn't sound like fun to attend, and going to a retro gaming con would probably suck unless I could find someone there that would manufacture carts of my homebrew SNES game.
>>
>>28732824
This, fuck these normie conventions.
>>
>>28733117
>>28732653
>People who go watch Lucky star in a theatre while cross dressed as an anime character are the worst normies society has to offer
Please explain to me how these people are normal.
>>
>>28732824
>>28733117
>Cons
>Normies
They're just excuses for sweaty nerds to have sex between each other, the only normies that go there are the hot girls that got paid to cosplay and get nerds horny.
>>
>>28733494
sounds like normies to me you daft cunt
real robots barely even go in public

>>28733493
>he doesn't know traps are stealth Chads that fuck everyone
>>
>>28733610
>>>he doesn't know traps are stealth Chads that fuck everyone
go the fuck back to /lgbt/
>>
>>28728171
Don't want to/ Don't have time/Can't, too far away or my schedule doesn't allow me to go.
>>
File: 1413608992928.jpg (499 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1413608992928.jpg
499 KB, 1920x1200
WHY THE FUCK DO PEOPLE AT CONS SMELL PLS FUCKING SHOWER

Thank you.
>>
A
C
E
N
A
C
E A C E N
N

What did he mean by this?
>>
Just got back from a comic convention today actually.,
>>
>>28734057
Because they're true robots, and non-nomries
>>
>>28734057

I remember reading about A Games Done Quick passing out deodorant because so many of the people that go to it are unhygienic.

I dont understand whats with nerds and not showering.
>>
File: 1417561507463.jpg (74 KB, 400x295) Image search: [Google]
1417561507463.jpg
74 KB, 400x295
>>28734121
fuck off you don't need to smell bad to be a fucking robot, whatever that means. i wouldn't be able to stand myself if i didnt shower, who care what everyone else thinks

I suppose its forgivable though. maybe that morbidly obese lady has trouble showering but i know damn well her arms could extend towards her face to shave off that mustache
>>
>>28734161
I don't like doing it
>>
i have a bank account with 40 dollars total and no car or savings at all
>>
>>28728609
Can relate to this feeling.

Basically for the last few years, anything I was invited to was worthless and held no value to me because of the hollow feeling it gave me. Now I just explore cliffs and climb alone for the most in my free time.

I just want to kill myself sometimes when I'm climbing because of how futile my goals and life in general are.
>>
File: v mods.jpg (259 KB, 818x580) Image search: [Google]
v mods.jpg
259 KB, 818x580
>>28728171
Holy shit the one night I leave /v/ to come talk about killing myself on r9k and its here too
>>
>>28734302

Whats here? Weebs?

Should I remind you what sites youre in?
>>
File: 1403656824300.png (451 KB, 765x709) Image search: [Google]
1403656824300.png
451 KB, 765x709
>>28728171
I have gone to Anime Expo and Fanime after I thought to give them a second chance.

Its fucking terrible its full of casuals from the merch to the people its awful.

Food is a ripoff so you have to go walk outside in the heat and wait again for seating cause its full of con goers.

Then all the cosplays are usually 50% Most popular 10 from MAL(Not top ranking), 25% Non-anime related , and 25% SNK, but I hate cosplayers anyways so it doesn't matter who they were pretending to be.

I spent 5-6 hours walking around doing nothing and watching panels. Their is long wait for the good ones and even once in they're shit.

Never again.
>>
>>28734994
You could have packed a lunch.
>>
I've been going to cons since 2001. Pretty much all of my friends are from cons. They're a lot of fun if you're actually into the shit they're about.

They suck for getting laid, though. The only women who put out are total roasties looking for Chad. If anything it's actually harder to hook up as a beta at a con than in normal life, because you're competing with so many thirsty guys and the time is so constrained that first impressions are everything, plus women are super jaded.
>>
File: convention.jpg (131 KB, 521x625) Image search: [Google]
convention.jpg
131 KB, 521x625
THIS IS WHY

BECAUSE OF SHIT LIKE THIS
>>
File: chrisy.jpg (14 KB, 306x468) Image search: [Google]
chrisy.jpg
14 KB, 306x468
>>28735362
>host a literal orgy

>"le no means le no guise XDXD"
>>
File: 15745281325_e6cb369311_b.jpg (474 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
15745281325_e6cb369311_b.jpg
474 KB, 1024x680
Blizzcon >>>>>> any other con ever

seriously, I can't even miss them any more. everything about it is perfect.
>>
File: convention 2.jpg (233 KB, 666x939) Image search: [Google]
convention 2.jpg
233 KB, 666x939
>>28735396
well if you're there, you can also check this out
This is what ACEN is like
>>
>>28735464
>expensive, high demand tickets - no casuals
>no anime fans
>no furries
>10% hot girls
>all one combined fanbase

yea other than the occasional fat autist, its a pretty good crowd, the parties are a lot of fun, and there is a ton to do there. Overall it is a great atmosphere
>>
>>28735362
>body "big"

Wew
>>
>>28735362
>some random tumblr post that's half cut off and has no context or sauce has influenced my opinions
good on ya
>>
>>28735771
see
>>28735640

Is this any more convincing?
>>28735760
U U U U
>>
>>28728205
>I don't like anime and I am a casual gamer.
This, and I don't want to see people
>>
File: 14576526138630.png (721 KB, 1421x682) Image search: [Google]
14576526138630.png
721 KB, 1421x682
I've been to comiket, almost every figurine shop at both akiba and nakano broadway, wonfest, local tokyo gatherings, akiba idol concerts, maid cafes and all that.
It's a pretty sad achievement but if you have any questions feel free to ask
>>
>>28735970
How are the 2 people in the back moving forward with the american and the jew, if they're not attached to anything wheeled
>>
>>28728171
I get depressed having no friends while being around heaps of people with theirs.

> went to pax alone for three days
> go back to hotel room each night and cry about being a mentally ill faggot who can't make friends

Never again.
>>
The smell that is wafting out the door repells me every time.
>>
>>28728171

Most anime fanbases are pathetic.
Video game conventions are nothing but corporate shill jobs, and "nerds" salivating at the next AAA game. I like some vidya, but none that makes headlines.
>>
File: 1448312499137.jpg (55 KB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
1448312499137.jpg
55 KB, 640x359
>>28736231
By the power of conspiracy, of course
>>
>>28736426
Then you can meet indie devs or check out the paradox booth
>>
>>28730402
no matter what you do to look normal someone will think your cosplaying something or someone
Plus that sticks with you for life like herpes or aids
always known as the real life faggot shinji
don't go to conventions
go buy some weights and pump some iron
>>
>vidya
I play retro games, csgo, and civ5. Don't care enough to travel for it.

>anime
I'm planning on going to my local con, purely to make friends. Then I might travel to one that requires a hotel. Any tips?

Friends would be nice, actual penetration of a female would be ideal.
>>
>>28736763
Go look to see if there is a thread on/cgl/, there probably will be for the convention. Going to a 4chan meetup works
Look up if there is Reddit or Facebook groups, unofficial ones are the most interesting usually.
Check /cgl/ archives for previous years threads for more information.
Come up with an idea for meme/easy cosplay, or genuine one
>>
>>28736763
From looking at women's posts it's not likely you'll get laid unless you're at a party. You're more likely to start dating women which you penetrate later.
Remember if you have balls, you can have an opening to approach every woman by asking her for a photo. If she's with a guy she's dating him
>>
>>28735970
What was the /jp/ meetup like
>>
File: 1457425298259.png (217 KB, 358x418) Image search: [Google]
1457425298259.png
217 KB, 358x418
>>28737623
Almost no fat otakus, just normal people, maybe a bit shy. Surprisingly, their knowledge of anime was not that great - mal top 100 or so. Girls DO enjoy reading boys love here.
However, keep in mind my experience was limited - they always keep the distance with gaijins, my n3 jap made things worse.
But, one person there worked at shibuya 109 and gave me a nice harajuku/shibuya tour afterwards so I got to see some less known places. That was interesting.
Oh yeah, about the meetup discussion topics - random stuff from rl news to favorite girl in X anime.
>>
I just want to meet new people and make a friend or two, even better if it's a qt girl. What are my chances? I watch quite a lot but I hate people with mainstream taste. I also collect some figs here and there.
>>
I have gone to a video game convention.
You just stay in lines for hours to play a shitty game for 20 minutes.
Also, going alone is terrible. As you see groups of people hanging out and having fun while you just stand there on your own.
>>
I tried looking at the manga section of my local bookstore and felt the wagie who works there judging me from afar

I could never outwardly be a weeb
>>
>frequently watch anime
>think maybe I should start doing weeb things
>look for a figurine on ebay
>$150

I'm too poor for this hobby sempai
>>
>>28738283
>buy doll
>put it on a counter somewhere
>that's it
worst hobby ever. spend your money on literally anything else
>>
>>28738283
If you want to go budget, don't look for scale fig. Search for prize fig instead or nendo. myfigurecollection also has people buying and selling so you can look there. Sometimes japanese seller auction pretty good prize figs that you can buy for around 10 dollars with free shipping.
>>
>>28738322
Even worse than that because I'd end up hiding it away in a closet so my parents don't think I'm a pedophile
>>
>>28738326
>used figurines

I've seen too many cummed on figurine compilations to fall for that
>>
>>28738380
Well, you get what you pay for. I don't buy lewd figs and they're mostly from unpopular anime so I think I'm pretty safe. The figs will need to be cleaned anyway.
>>
>>28728171
Why would I do that when I'm so inefficient with my time? My VN backlog is over 300 already and I need to anticipate taking much longer when reading untranslated stuff.
>>
>>28728171
I don't watch anime or play many video games, so I can't even make conversation with nerds
>>
I used to go to science fiction cons back in the day. The better ones had their share of media,anime complain and gaming too. And the parties were cool too. That's Nerd Cool:interesting conversations and occasional alcohol ,and women too! I would get my own room,rap to various chick's and if I hit it off would offer them backrubs,and I give great back rubs. Then it would be a small matter to get them back to my room for a more thorough seduction.

www.lunacon.org. a local one in the New York area that would give you an idea of what goes on.
>>
I have

Not even into anime just had weeaboo friends and got invited

got some free hugs though ^_^
>>
File: 1463845687760.png (676 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1463845687760.png
676 KB, 960x540
>Going to the con alone or with a friend.
Either Im lonely in there or with my newfag friend whos only praises SaO and AoT

Theres no reason for me to visit a anime con.
>>
>>28740039
>rap
nigger
>>
>>28740376
No...

Rap as in Make Conversation. Like I'd start spitting rhymes at women and expect anything other than pepperspray.
Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.