[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here who owns a gun? I've been wanting to own one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10
File: AR15_A3_Tactical_Carbine_pic1.jpg (50 KB, 800x390) Image search: [Google]
AR15_A3_Tactical_Carbine_pic1.jpg
50 KB, 800x390
Anyone here who owns a gun?

I've been wanting to own one recently but you can only get a pistol license in my country and it's very hard to obtain unless you work at security or something.

I just want to go to a range and empty mags.
>>
>>28727523

At the moment I own four guns personally, and will inherit no less than 10 more. What country do you live in?
>>
File: savage 111.png (88 KB, 900x239) Image search: [Google]
savage 111.png
88 KB, 900x239
>>28727523
Ya I got pic related for durr hunting and in the process of building an AR

What country do you live in?
>>
File: givesmearagingboner.jpg (712 KB, 2997x704) Image search: [Google]
givesmearagingboner.jpg
712 KB, 2997x704
I'm in Canadia and as soon as I get my PAL I'll be getting one of these

I'm curious as to what country only allows pistols to be owned privately
>>
In process of buying my first one. In my country you can buy guns but you have to pass through a lot of paperwork bullshit, interviews, psychological tests, etc.
>>
File: fack.jpg (27 KB, 414x508) Image search: [Google]
fack.jpg
27 KB, 414x508
moving to the U.S in 2017 because of my countries oppressive gun laws (you are not even allowed to keep a taser or mace / pepper spray in your own home for self defense).
its a proven conspiracy to keep the power structure between alpha and beta males in place (basically allowing chad to bully weaker people with no fear of being shot, while also having the most 'connections' which allow him to procure an illegal gun).
this is a fucking HUGE human rights violation really, so i am out of here.
>>
>>28729765

Welcome, brother. I truly hope you enjoy your newfound right to self preservation and protection of liberty.

What's the first firearm you're going to buy?
>>
>>28729765
Seriously guns are force equalizer.
No longer does brutish chad or pack of niggers have the advantage.
>>
>>28729806
only the bare minimum i need to live in a rural area (.22 or something).
this is all i ask for.
>>
File: moist.jpg (286 KB, 624x1200) Image search: [Google]
moist.jpg
286 KB, 624x1200
>>28729852

What are you going to use it for? I assume just bird/squirrel hunting. You didn't buy into the Bill Burr, "all ya need's a twennytoo" meme, did you? Do you even have all the money you need to move here? If you put up a kickstarter or a gofundme I'll definitely donate when I can.
>>
>>28730178
not him, but most .22 are inexpensive and cheap to feed (sometimes) and a lot of fun, that's enough reason to get one IMO
>>
File: god bless america.gif (32 KB, 325x252) Image search: [Google]
god bless america.gif
32 KB, 325x252
>>28730178
i love animals too much to hunt anything.
i just want to shoot cans and an old toilet in my backyard, and keep a taser in my pocket for trips into town.
if i ever had to live in a city i would probably look at getting a CCW permit.
i have visited the U.S before and even in the large cities i felt much less threatened in general.
you can 'feel' the guns around you and its weirdly comforting.
>>
File: 1103.jpg (27 KB, 825x195) Image search: [Google]
1103.jpg
27 KB, 825x195
>>28729852
get a ruger 10/22. Great little rifle to practice with.
>>
>>28730355
Ruger 10/22's are the best for the zombie apocalypse. Can carry a lot of ammo and it's less loud than an AR.
>>
File: 2016-01-30 22.48.39.jpg (711 KB, 1590x2829) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-30 22.48.39.jpg
711 KB, 1590x2829
Whatchu need senpai
>>
>>28730469
bleese do not shewt :DDDD
>>
>>28730232

I definitely agree with you. I just wanted to know if he was making the grave mistake of trying to use one for home defense, that's all.

>>28730347

That's a very respectable position, and I definitely get what you're saying. I'm honestly very glad to have you coming into our country. I hope you enjoy it here.

A friend of freedom is a friend of mine.
>>
Why is .22 bad for home defense?
http://graywolfsurvival.com/1869/why-22-best-home-defense-weapon/
>>
>>28730706
>>28730755
Meant to reply dd
>>
>>28730755
>>28730706
It's better than a sharp-stick and will definitely kill, but to say it's "the best" is incorrect. It was not designed with home defense in mind. There are several examples of people shooting themselves in the head with a .22 and taking hours to die. On the other hand, there are also instances of people dropping dead very quickly from a .22

When you have a caliber that is known to be adequate against two-legged predators, shot placement and follow-up shots are a little less of a concern, though these factors should always be top priority.

TLDR: it's best to choose the most effective caliber you can shoot quickly and accurately.
>>
File: 1460274371254.jpg (27 KB, 600x440) Image search: [Google]
1460274371254.jpg
27 KB, 600x440
>>28730755

It's not bad, it's just not ideal. But in a home defense situation, that small difference can be the difference between life and death.

With the proper training or enough natural macho, a repeating .223 rifle using subsonic ammunition and a flash suppressor (common with most AR-15 variants out-of-the-box) and some night sights or an optic will mostly negate the blinding effects of gunfire, help with target acquisition, and harm your ears a lot less. However, I'm not here to be a mallninja or tacticool dudebro. For the everyday guy, a .22 to is fine, but even a simple 9mm handgun is a lot better insurance. Even the guy who wrote that article you linked to said "with a little training, you shouldn't be using a .22 to defend your house."

Although, because of the other guy saying he is going to live in a rural area of the U.S. (i.e. the areas of the country with the least amount of robbery and break-ins), he's perfectly fine just having a .22. He'll never need it for anything like that.

Personally, I defend my household with a steady stream of 12 guage, .223, .357, .40S&W, and if all else fails, a baseball bat with
"TAKYON" carved into it. However, another individuals opinion on ideal home defense is just as good as mine, and I respect it equally.
>>
File: hmm ciekawe.png (273 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
hmm ciekawe.png
273 KB, 550x535
>>28729765
>you are not even allowed to keep a taser or mace / pepper spray in your own home for self defense).

Fug, where do you live?

EU country here, and despite memes, you can possess and carry pepper spray, taser, baton, or knife
gun license allowing to have wide range of weapons is also accessible if you are not criminal and have some money and time

feels good t.b.h desu, muhlaw-abiding citizen have a lot of options to self- and home defense while thrash is rarely seen with something better than knife or steel pipe
>>
>>28731643
>despite memes, you can possess a knife
I should hope so.
>>
handgun isnt 'very hard' to get in Canada, all you need is to get your restricted PAL and be a member of a gun club, dont know where you got needing t be security, thats for if you want to carry one.
>>
>>28729765
right with you brother, if some cunt walks into my house I shouldn't have to feel legal repercussions when I defend my life
>>
>>28727523
Whoa. This thread reminds me of a dream I had last night. Forgot all about it until now. I was at a gun show haggling with someone over the price of ammo for a machine gun I don't have in a caliber that doesn't exist. Weiiiird. I really should get an AR-15 though.
>>
>>28730755
they tend to be more unreliable due to rimmed cartridges and less likely to stop as target with the same number of shots. It's objectively the worst choice of caliber if you were buying for the sole purpose of self defense.
>>
>>28732494
But according to that guy they average around the same number of shots.
>>
>>28732615
Only because the vast majority of the people in those statistics were incapacitated in 1 shot. So obviously the average will be between 1-2 shots for every caliber. Even something like a thick jacket might be enough to save someone from a .22, the actual diameter of the bullet which would statistically make it less likely to hit. Good luck when your .22 stovepipes in a life or death situation.
>>
>>28727523
I live in 'murica so I actually collect and shoot guns with my excess income, so far my fav is the vz 58.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.