[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uhhh ok I just woke up and guess I have windows 10 Windows 10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: windows-10-05.jpg (77 KB, 580x652) Image search: [Google]
windows-10-05.jpg
77 KB, 580x652
Uhhh ok I just woke up and guess I have windows 10
Windows 10 is sellout bullshit,
>>
Windows 10 is infinitely better than 8.1 from a technical standpoint. Either you have shit taste or you're afraid of change.
>>
It's scary how insistent they are on it. I have a tiny Windows 10 button on the bottom right of my taskbar at all times.
>>
File: windows-10-04.jpg (71 KB, 580x326) Image search: [Google]
windows-10-04.jpg
71 KB, 580x326
So wierd there forcing the upgrade.
I know how to stop it from doing that but i dont care enough its too complicated
>>
File: windows-10-03.jpg (84 KB, 580x326) Image search: [Google]
windows-10-03.jpg
84 KB, 580x326
My dear windows 7 is gone forever
>>
wait what
i have windows 8, am i going to wake up with windows 10 tomorrow
>>
>they have automatic updates enabled
>they didn't block KB3035583

lol
>>
although i don't really have any problems using windows 10, i really do hate how they forced all theme thing, I can't even get nice rounded corners or pretty colors with shades n stuff on my windows
i miss windows 7, its prettier and u can customize more
>>
>>28727588
R O L L B A C K
rollbackblocks
>>
Did none of you fuckers edit the registry keys necessary to turn this off?
>>
>>28727883
it's too late, i build a new pc and somehow i thought windows 7 won't support new directX so i bought windows 10
>i got paid a 20% bonus to my normal wages >not more than 2 days ago
>i was drinking
>i did not think
>regret never leaves me
>>
>>28728017
>buying windows
seriously what
>>
>>28728169
I know, i didn't even realize until the next day, i just remember having some shots while building the pc and then i installed windows 7 planning to download and install clean windows 10
>i will bear this shame for ever
>>
Blocks Windows 10 upgrade stuff for W7/8
https://github.com/th3power/aegis-voat
>>
if you have 7 or 8.1 and don't want 10, search for remove telemetry windows updates and never10. they were suggested in the last win10 thread and seem to work.
>>
File: 84252502.jpg (3 KB, 127x127) Image search: [Google]
84252502.jpg
3 KB, 127x127
>>28728337
You cannot disable telemetry in Win10 no matter what you want to believe. You cant turn off automatic updates. Everything you do to remove said telemetry will be rolled back with next update. The only way to stop Win10 from calling home is by using hardware firewall with whitelist which is too fucking troublesome.
>>
>>28728337
>>28729440
Nevermind i need to go to bed. Thought you were saying that its possible to remove telemetry from Win10. Sorry, anon.
>>
File: 1463255368958.jpg (45 KB, 630x686) Image search: [Google]
1463255368958.jpg
45 KB, 630x686
Anon, REVERT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
See >>28729440 as well
When it is too good to be true, changes are, it is.
It collects telemetry, and there is no way to disable it without outside help.
If you REALLY like Win10, there are tools to block this stuff, but there's no complete guarantee.
Win8 does it with later updates, but at least you can delete them.
Regardless, I strongly suggest reverting. I also recommend using Spybot Anti-Beacon.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.