[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello again John. I know a guy who only talks about video
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1445272602761.jpg (23 KB, 604x450) Image search: [Google]
1445272602761.jpg
23 KB, 604x450
Hello again John.

I know a guy who only talks about video games. Every time he opens his mouth its to discuss what he's playing or what he's excited for. Are you that kind of person John? Its okay if you are. Video game industry is surpassing the Film Industry. Soon we'll be having Hollywood for video games.
>>
>>28727219
that sounds awful. I wish games would go back to being games, not horrible psuedo-movies
>>
File: 1445271741256-2.png (14 KB, 736x547) Image search: [Google]
1445271741256-2.png
14 KB, 736x547
>>28727363

I'm afraid manchildren arent contained just ot 4chan. There's an epidemic of manchildren and women void of personality that need something to latch on to. There's already a NintendoLand in New York and Nintendo world in Japan.

It seems like Gameswood isnt that farfetched.
I wish video games would go back to being games too. But that isnt happening.
>>
>>28727460
the internet is the cause of this.

when people have every bit of information available instantly it kills all desire and fun in every part of life.

Games weren't like this before high speed internet. And with places like 4chan there's no such thing as personality , because that requires face to face contact to have.

I remember when "indie games" meant a game one or two people made for fun and not steam / iphone microtransaction shit with political statements.

At this point I almost exclusively play romhacks and other games made by fans and such.
>>
But if not games/movies etc most people identify by their jobs, schools or majors, which is the same surrogate.
>>
hell, I game a lot but I don't talk about it in public or at work, hell when I'm with online friends streaming, I talk about life and a lot of things that aren't games.

But in real life you just have people identifying by their careers or other hobbies instead.
>>
I think what happened is technology in general destroyed small, limited communities, which is really what leads to people having non-manufactured identities. Now the corporation, school, and media replaced the small town, church, and multi-generational family etc.
>>
>>28727644
I also missed politics in this list of fake identity things. Who you vote for is no more an identity than what movies or games you like
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.