[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw tinnitus First it made me suicidal, then it made me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Tinnitus-2.jpg (2 MB, 2119x1414) Image search: [Google]
Tinnitus-2.jpg
2 MB, 2119x1414
>tfw tinnitus

First it made me suicidal, then it made me curious.

Is tinnitus bad? Obviously hearing loss is objectively bad, but is tinnitus?

In some meditative traditions, tinnitus has been a sign of being blessed or chosen. In those cultures, people with tinnitus are happier than people without. Some people think that it's the origin of the concept of OM.

So, do I just get annoyed at my tinnitus simply BECAUSE it is categorised as a medical condition in my culture?
>>
>tfw when you close your eyes while you're having an episode of tinnitus you see fractals and crazy shit

And they say it's not aliens communicating with you
>>
>>28726950
I don't believe that tinnitus is anything other than an auditory condition.

But isn't it just our reaction to tinnitus that affects our lives, not the tinnitus itself? If I believed that my tinnitus wasn't important, it wouldn't be important.

In my experience, most people who have big problems with tinnitus were nervous wrecks BEFORE they got tinnitus.
>>
I don't know what tinnitus is LOL
>>
I have tinnitus, I just kinda had a period of "for fucks sake another thing to deal with" now I can just kinda block it out if there is music or something butt it gets quite annoying.
>>
>>28727008
I can't really say
I don't get it much, and when I do it's not deafening
Just a light squeal
Plus I listen to music all day and I prefer noise to silence
>>
>>28726873
tinnitus is bad its driven my dad a bit nuts
>>
>>28727060
I thought it happened to everyone occasionally, its the loss of that range of sound. Tinnitus to my understanding is when you have it often, like once a day or for many hours a day.
>>
Is having something because of hearing damage bad? Gee i don't know.
>>
I didnt think someone could have an 'episode' of tinnitus. I thought it was a constant annoyance that never goes away. Because thats what I have. I even leave a fan on at night because its so bad I cant sleep. Like that mechanical sqeal of a LED tv thats broken. Constantly squealing. Constantly. In a chorus of other sqeuals that are at different frequencies. Like that goddam 'mosquito' ringtone that only people under 30 can hear
>>
>have unobtrusive tinnitus for years
>ringing suddenly gets louder
>worried i will lose my hearing, the only thing good about life

you get used to it after awhile but it still worries me. i did some googling and stress/anxiety can supposedly make your tinnitus worse.
>>
>>28726873
played drums for years, have had tinnitus forever

it actually gets better, you really can live normally, now I have /constantlumpinthroat/ and THAT has made me suicidal
>>
>>28726873
I have it since 2010 and I can only hear it after concerts or when the environment is quiet af... I even forgot about it recently, but your post brought it back...
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.