[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If God loves us, why does he make it so hard for us to believe in him?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: proof-god-exists1.jpg (39 KB, 740x420) Image search: [Google]
proof-god-exists1.jpg
39 KB, 740x420
If God loves us, why does he make it so hard for us to believe in him?
>>
>>28726391
Not a religious fag but i can try and give my view
>Inb4 robots think you need to be part of a religion to have a view

It's probably to test our free will and our faith to believe in him, of course we have some kind of leads to him such as the bible, as for evidence...yeah that's where god probably thought we just need to have faith in him.
>>
File: 6.png (16 KB, 626x300) Image search: [Google]
6.png
16 KB, 626x300
>>28726391
Philosophically speaking, if God created the universe then he is outside of it, because he is outside this reality. God would represent the U in pic related. SO,basically, if he exist or not doesn't make any difference, he can't help you because he is on the other side of the mirror. Sorry.
>>
>>28726514
Pretty stupid reasoning lad
>>
>>28726464
>have faith in him
By believing in a higher power to help you, you become a shittier person. Instead of reading a fictional book intended for propaganda, take responsibility for yourself and don't expect to be saved by an imaginary being.

Even if God does exist, he has no reason to give a shit or help you, so either way it's pointless.
>>
File: PDhMG.png (192 KB, 630x458) Image search: [Google]
PDhMG.png
192 KB, 630x458
>>28726391
just great just fucking great

there I was having a nice evening and then this asshole brings up G.O.D

you fucking cunt I hope you die

fucking religious fags

just have to go spoil it for everyone

and the miss won't be to please either ill be tossing and turning all night now
>>
If god loves us, why did he make us beta?
>>
>>28726391

I think god is not as omnipresent and omnipotent as the world makes it to be. Instead, god may be a powerful being capable of continuing on consciousness beyond physical death, but in a way that adheres to the physical laws of the universe.

It may use technology and science to achieve these goals, but is currently in other parts of our universe helping other civilizations rise from non-sentient animals just like we did.

Essentially if god does exist it is most likely an ancient alien species that has mastered our physical realm and is spreading its influence across the universe. But in this regard, is unable to communicate and interact with us on a scale that it did when it was visiting earth.
>>
>>28726464
Sadly this is what a good bit of ignorant Christians believe unable to let go of this silly humanist notion of free will which simply doesn't exist for nothing is free from God who has planned everything for his purposes. It not only causes contradictions in scripture, it also contains many philosophical problems divine determinism is free of.

It's hard to believe because we are naturally hostile towards God wanting nothing to do with him. In fact it's impossible for someone to come to truly believe. The only way is the Holy Spirit working in the heart of his elect through the Gospel message of faith in Christ Alone for forgiveness of sins which grants understanding and eternal life.

God doesn't owe you anything and you may even be a vessel of destruction made to fuel the fires of hell, you are at his mercy. All you can do(and I can do for you besides telling you the gospel) is pray for mercy and ask for understanding and saving faith.
>>
>>28726514

This would make sense if there was no recorded passages of god interacting with humanity. Whether we believe that or not, it must be considered when talking of god because the holy texts are the basis for the existence of god itself.

So assuming God does exists it either has always been on the other side of the mirror, unable to interact with us, or is not omnipresent and is working with other parts of our universe.

This is assuming God does exist, which is still not known.
>>
>>28726391
>You play Sims
>You create your character and help it grow
>Soon characters become so much, you don't give a shit anymore

Vidya ruined my life
>>
>>28726710

I thought God just see's everything that happened, all the different paths your choices will take you. I have never heard that it actually planned everything. In that sense people have "Free Will" to the extent of all the possible choices they could make, with a select few being much more likely than all the others; while God could completely understand all the choices you would make and know the changes you will bring to the world.

After all, if God had the power of divine determinism, why would their be evil and suffering? Why would he go through that whole ordeal with Job and making wagers with Satan for Job's belief?

I think declaring God as capable of controlling all of time goes against any need to create commandments or sacrifice a son or trap rebel angels in "hell".
>>
>>28726883
That sounds like William Craig's molinism. I haven't looked too deep into it philosophically, but biblically which is where we get our theology we have examples of God hardening the heart of pharaoh, claiming some are born vessels of mercy for glory others vessels of destruction, God having mercy on who he wants, claiming Joseph brothers selling him into slavery was meant for good/his purpose, etc..

There is also a fundamental truth - God's glory comes before man's well-being. The purpose of evil is a tool used for his purposes. Evil also exists so the vessels of mercy can experience his power and riches of his glory.
>>
File: worshipping evil gods tg.jpg (222 KB, 760x596) Image search: [Google]
worshipping evil gods tg.jpg
222 KB, 760x596
>>28726391
>If God loves us

they don't, we are just a game for those fuckers, entretaiment.
like killing people in the sims

>the meaning of life is to produce new species, so they can always watch something new suffer
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.