[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>do something productive that improves my quality of living
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1461218870140.jpg (85 KB, 804x802) Image search: [Google]
1461218870140.jpg
85 KB, 804x802
>do something productive that improves my quality of living and brings me closer to success
>start getting super anxious because I know that life could end at any time and everything I do is pointless

Why does this feel even exist
>>
>>28725739
iktf, normally I don't care about anything and am just waiting to die. But if I have a goal or start working toward something I start thinking about how I'll probably get cancer soon, and how death and time will tear everything away from me rendering all my endeavours moot.
>>
Fuck those thoughts. How do you get rid of them?
>>
Same problem, anon.
>>
I swore that I would never again give advice about life to a robot. Most of all the anons on this board just want to cry about their problems, not solve them.
>>
>>28726182
Youre literally doing the exact same thing: whining.
>>
>>28726182
Tell me how do i solve my constant panic attacks?
>>
>>28725739
Fuck might as well do whatever you want if life could end at any moment, go be a total loser or a successful faggot
>>
>>28726182
>le every problem has a solution
kys
>>
bumping for solution

It is hard living like this
>>
>>28725739
Glad im not the only one. I concluded that I'll die no matter what, but doing something productive still better than doing anything else.

I got that feel really hard when learning a new language, so I stopped. 3 yrs later and I would've been speaking it by now. At least I continued with learning guitar and piano though, and now I'm pretty good
>>
>>28725832
This is me with saving money.

>Finally save $1,000, worried I will die
>Plan to have $10,000 before year is over
>Feel like I need to write a will for my younger brother to inherit whatever I save up to that time
>>
This feel doesnt seem beneficial for the advancement and evolution of humans. I struggle to understand why its here in the first place
>>
>>28726623
>getting defeated by your own insecurities

At least you won't breed. It's like evolution is purging inferior males by making them enormous cowards.
>>
>>28729636
Anxiety and apprehension, managed well, can serve to prepare and defend.
>>
>>28726182 is right, but you just can't help but see the point of OP. There probably is no meaning to life, everyone is just a chunk of meat that talks, but you decide whether if you want to or not make your short, miserable existence in this world a bit less miserable. You can do what some do, just bite the bullet, and I can't really blame some people that do so, cus', as >>28726623 said, not all problems have solutions, but rest assured, if there really is nothing after this life, and your problem DID have a solution, and you PURPOSEFULLY didn't take it, because you decided to narrow your worldview, then you wasted the one thing this universe is almost devoid of, and that's life. And let's say there is something after this life, which I personally find just as probable, if this something is some kind of hell, then you'll have deserved it.
>>
>>28726561
You have to think in the third perspective and remind yourself that the anxiety you feel is the result of a chemical reaction in your brain.

Practice calming techniques; like when in a stressful situation, focus on all five senses. Go over in your head what you're currently smelling (the fabric softener on my pillow), tasting (the mint from my gum), feeling physically (my socks, my pants, the cool breeze), hearing (the rain tapping on the windowpane) and seeing (inside of my eyes). When you go through this in your head, the focus is moved from the stress and onto living in the moment.

It takes practice, but you can use tools like these to cure your anxiety.

Of course, you have to put yourself in uncomfortable situations, but start slow. Try it when standing on line at the gas station, or when you hear the phone ring. Over time you will do it naturally, even around large groups of people.

I learned this technique from a therapist after realizing benzos are only effective for the short term. Facing yourself and all your faults is one of the best ways for a robot to attain happiness in life.
>>
>>28729925
>and seeing (inside of my eyes)
Was calming up until that spooky part.

But seriously, thanks for the advice anon. I will try this out
>>
>>28730403
To accomplish this, you must attain inner sight by using a paradimensional "third eye" to stimullate the electric neurons in your visual cortex.

If you succeed, just make sure to limit your sight on the images in our own physical dimension. Failure to do so may result in hallucinations, bleeding from the eyes, insomnia, paranoia, and permanent visions of indescribable worlds not meant to be viewed by human beings.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.