[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you even go to the gym as a robot ? Going in a room full
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: vcv.jpg (212 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
vcv.jpg
212 KB, 640x427
How do you even go to the gym as a robot ? Going in a room full of muscular men while knowing nothing about lifting terrifies me
>>
Save up some GBP
>>
Gym is the only place I feel comfortable
>>
When I started I went to a 24 hour gym and would go late at night, fewer people typically there.
>>
>>28717249
Read the sticky on /fit/, it's the only thing about fitness on that board then start from there.
>>
>>28717249
It's absolutely terifying, you're so right. You won't know how to adjust the bench, and you'll worry that you look like an idiot. But nobody cares. Nobody. Go when it's less crowded, and get comfortable with your routine. Spend some time on /fit/ and learn form. Watch plenty of online tutorials. It will suck for a few weeks, but can be done. Just think about the gainz.
>>
>>28717271
I can't believe that was an original comment.

Ironically, my comment wasn't.
>>
>>28717295
>>28717292

I was thinking about doing stronglifts 5x5 because it's good for beginners.
>>
Funnily enough, even though I have social anxiety even when walking down the street, I feel perfectly at home in a gym.

I think it's because I actually look down on most of the people there. They have shit form, and even though they are big, they have no definition, they just stuff themselves full of shit food and bench press.

In short, become an elitist and you won't feel as insecure.
>>
I honestly don't care about who's at the gym
usually don't even take notice of anyone because I'm focused on my workout
>>
File: 1448119949963.jpg (104 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448119949963.jpg
104 KB, 1080x1080
>>28717249
physical well being is done through healthy food and walking. beyond this shows that you either do it because
-you are bored, aka a failure
-you are a homo, aka a failure
-you do it for women, aka a man devoted to please women, aka a failure
-you cling to your health, aka a failure living in fear of death

=>you are a pleb as soon as you lift. I know that it hurts to hear this.
>>
people are too busy working out to worry about what some random guy is doing. If you're new, deep down 99% of people are actually cheering you on. You could have decided to be a fat fuck at home, but you chose to be a fat fuck at the gym. That deserves some respect.
>>
>>28717249
Why go to a gym? I don't get the gym meme. If you want to lose weight or improve your fitness, get a bike. If you want to get muscular you can buy a dumbbell set. Granted, weights can be expensive so you won't be able to buy the machines the gym has, and they take up space. But most autistic fucks who go to the gym aren't muscular anyway. You don't actually need the machines unless you're dedicated. Most robots will get by with dumbbells and a pull up bar. Plus there are body weights exercises and shit.
>>
>>28717409

>If you're new, deep down 99% of people are actually cheering you on

Low-quality bait.
>>
>>28717249
Take comfort in the fact that literally nobody give a single shit about your insecurities or you in general, you think wayyy too highly of yourself if you think that anyone will even notice you
>>
>>28717249
too far away from my computer
>>
>>28717249
I never done any lifting, because I am scared
Usually the people that lift look like chads
Rowing machines and treadmills are good enough for me
>>
>>28717406
Good thing nobody lives up to your expectations then isn't it?
>Doing what someone on r9k thinks you should do rather then what you want to do
>aka a failure

I do it because people treat me better than when I was a skeleton
which makes sense because talking to attractive people is more appealing than talking to skeletons.

>not doing something that will pay dividends when in a job interview, dealing with clients, dealing with people in general, women, anyone you want to make a good impression on, etc

You'd have to be a retarded misogynistic introverted NEET not to- oh wait
>>
>>28717406
>walking

Maybe if you're so fat that running would destroy your joints
>>
For gym guys the more serious ones will most likely be either neutral or helpful toward you if you actually show yourself to be willing and respectful.

Only the less serious ones and women will be more likely to be judgmental or assholes, but I don't know how likely that really is. This is a thread more for /fit/ desu not robots if you want to get better advice OP.
>>
>>28717591
My question was more anxiety-oriented, so I felt that r9k was a better place. But you're probably right
>>
>>28717653
no one really cares or is bothered by you at the gym. just put headphones in for the first few days.
im cancer normie and decent looking theres 2 girls that come in together and are always looking in my direction which puts me off abit
>>
>>28717249
I'm well appreciated at my oly lifting club and I feel like I can spout a lot of robotic autistic shit without being judged too much as oly lifting brings different kind of people. Also I'm the strongest, tallest and 2nd best weightlifter there (we're a small club doe). There's some 30yo guy there who started recently and sucks (but progresses) and everyone is cool towards him. I banter him sometimes and he started bantering me too recently which was a good feeling.
>>
Go at obscure hours. Less people. No normies. Only hardcore gymgoers with mild autism will be your company. So they will probably mind their own business.

That's how i started. Then i got my gains and felt good enough to go at any time.
>>
>>28717653
Even if people banter or make fun of you they probably don't even care about you. The worse case would be having too deal with some piece of shit steroid loser but nobody like those people and I don't see that happening. If you train seriously you'll be stronger than most people. I went back to my first gym when going back at my parents place and a group of douches were talking behind my back (lightly doe) and I couldn't care less because I was easily outlifting them and they were probably a bit mad to be outlifted by some autistic looking quiet dude with big quads.
>>
>buying weights
the dumbest bell is smarter than you
>>
Where did these misconceptions of the Gym come from anyway?

The gym isn't full of Chads looking bump people with their chest and hit on girls, people are just there to lift some pl8s

The most interaction you'll ever have is someone asking to jump in for a set while you're resting or a guy lifting 3x heavier than you on the same exercise giving you technique tips
>>
>>28717783
A big part of progressing in lifting is mental. If you don't learn to not give a fuck about normies and focus on your progress (which will be quick if you're informed) you're on the wrong track. Also caring about douche teens giving you weird look when you feel uncomfortable as you start, which will probably not even happen, is really something a robot should not care about and deter only insecure betas.
>>
>>28717832
People think that the teens who go to the gym once a month with their parents on a visitor pass are the norm
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.