[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know what would make this board better? A voting system.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7
File: vote-up-down.png (34 KB, 350x450) Image search: [Google]
vote-up-down.png
34 KB, 350x450
You know what would make this board better? A voting system.

I'm serious, hear me out.

All of the shitty comments like "lel ur a fagget" and "kys" would sink to the bottom of the page while insightful and thought provoking comments would be lifted to to the top to let people see the best content at first glance. Why wouldn't you implement something like that? From a rational and logical standpoint, it only makes perfect sense.

Now, the other think is that it would give greater incentive to post meaningful or interesting content over rampant shitposting and bait threads. Wouldn't that be nice? I think it would improve this place quite well.

I'm thinking about starting a petition in hopes that there will be changes made, what do you guys think?
>>
lel ur a fagget

kys

Not even kidding famalam
>>
>>28715375

Okay, ha ha. But you agree that it's a good idea, right?
>>
Okerino brolovsci
>>
Do you want this board to become indistinguishable to reddit?
>>
The problem with voting systems like Reddit's is that it always leads to circlejerks. It's why Reddit is mostly a shitshow, people who don't take part in the hivemind are pushed out and everything becomes the same.
>>
File: IMG_0098.jpg (365 KB, 1140x984) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0098.jpg
365 KB, 1140x984
Taking the bait. 1 of 2
>>
>>28715392
>Okay, ha ha. But you agree that it's a good idea, right?
no its a terrible fucking idea.

it would only promote the circle jerking right-think of youtube and reddit comments

people really aught to hear sometimes that their ideas are fucking garbage not worthy of a retarded 12 year old

such as your own

they arleady have a whole fucking site for your shitty idea its called reddit m8 might wana check it out and down a glass of bleach while youre there newfag scum
>>
File: IMG_0760.jpg (209 KB, 1018x554) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0760.jpg
209 KB, 1018x554
2 of 2. Just go to reddit for what you want.
>>
>>28715357
on the off chance this isn't bait - fuck off.
>>
>>28715587

But reddit is a circlejerk. It would be better if their voting system worked here so that you could get the best of both.

How would that be a bad thing?
>>
File: 1458534745962.png (160 KB, 882x847) Image search: [Google]
1458534745962.png
160 KB, 882x847
>>28715357
>would sink to the bottom
all comments already sink and fall off
you want "bad comments" to be erased sooner?
and who decides what is bad ?
no, fuck that . you have to take the bad with the good.
>>
>>28715626

We the community of anons decide collectively what is good or bad. It feeds the interest of the community, don't you understand?
>>
>>28715613

Reddit is a circlejerk because of the voting system. You put it here and this place will become one (you can't call this place a circlejerk as it stands, because of the constant war between robots and normalfags).
>>
>>28715638
>don't you understand?
no, i disagree .
>>
>>28715639

No, reddit is a circlejerk because of their shitty population of normie sjw college kids. It would be different here. People here know better than to create a circlejerk and let it live for too long.
>>
>>28715392
>Okay, ha ha. But you agree that it's a good idea, right?
No. Anon here >>28715581 is right. When you let people know why their opinion sucks ass instead of just downvoting them, it makes for far better discussion.

If you can't find good content on your own, maybe you shouldn't be on the internet. Retards who can't sift through information and perform their own judgement aren't very bright and should be weeded out of rational discussion in order for better commentary to take place.
>>
>>28715663

Some of you are real cancer, too, and you deserve to be downvoted to oblivion, if I may be so frank.
>>
>>28715663
>x system would work under the right circumstances argument
No it wouldn't. Stop trying to debate this you fucking autist.
>>
>>28715357
silly idea, I got nearly unlimited IP's just by resetting my router. In the end all the comments I liked would be up.
>>
>>28715684

I'm not autistic I'm neurotypical. And yes it definitely would. We have a different crowd here than reddit, so therefore no matter if we had voting or not, it still wouldn't feel like reddit here.
>>
File: Sage and Hide.jpg (24 KB, 199x253) Image search: [Google]
Sage and Hide.jpg
24 KB, 199x253
VISlBLE SAGE
>>
>>28715714
>neurotypical
>not just saying "I'm normal"
Yep, you're autistic.
>>
>>28715728

lol, you must have a learning disability. Poor child.
>>
>>28715587
>4chan doesn't censor conflicting opinions
What is gamergate?
>>
I for one agree with OP. I'd love to downvote the shit out of all of you. I was banned from reddit and I miss it.
>>
>>28715749
>being this reddit unoriginally
>>
>>28715781

| unoriginally

unironically. FTFY.
>>
>>28715801
>get past the censor with a word
>redditor tries to be smug with his le irony
Holy shit kys
>>
>>28715832

kek, did I upset you little boy? are you bawling into your hands?
>>
why do people reply to this
>>
>>28715881

Because they're fucking stupid.

original comment
>>
>>28715728
That made me chuckle as well. Blatant tism!
>>
>>28715756
fucking annoying because it was spammed all over the place where it didn't belong.
Not that that actually affected the quality of /v/ in any meaninful way.
>>
File: _-_2016-04-07_05.08.18.png (129 KB, 236x317) Image search: [Google]
_-_2016-04-07_05.08.18.png
129 KB, 236x317
>>28715357
>rational and logical
>perfect sense
Look at this guy and his hot opinions.
>>
>>28715357
>why dont we just make 4chan into reddit?

guess that would make you feel more at home wouldnt it?
>>
>>28715357
No

What makes this website good is that no matter how good or shit someones opinion is, it's presented evenly to everyone and nature takes course as to decide whether it's worth it to stay around or not. Reddit is an artificial "free" system where everyone who doesn't go with their leftist grain gets down voted to hell so people can't talk outside the echo chamber. The fact your thread has got this many replies is thanks to the 4chan system.
>>
I think this place would be worse off with a voting system. Have you actually seen reddit? I like being able to voice my opinion. It's easier on here. Reddit's an echo-chamber full of retards.

Fucking hang yourself, OP.
>>
>>28715357
Le Reddit pls get out.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1434131687723.jpg (182 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
1434131687723.jpg
182 KB, 717x880
>>28715357
go back to where u belong
>>
>>28715357
4chan looks for complete equality of opinion. There is no voting and that matches the fact that we dont have accounts (mostly). We are all just anonymous.

No one greater than the other. I guess that goes for your opinion too, seeing as with a voting system your thread would have been buried.
>>
>>28715756
that was because those fags were going after moot. even after he told them he has nothing to do with the opinions of the users. they also threatened legal action, which also happened during "the fappening".
>>
>>28715357
Didn't even read.

No, what the board needs is a better robot that would blacklist too common and too uncommon/nonexistent/blox words (now I realized that it should sort the lexemes remaining after the filtering before the hashing, too).

This is perfectly possible and would truly make /r9k/ great.
>>
>>28715663
>people here know better than to create a circlejerk
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha do you even read anything here? theres tons of circlejerking currently, and there always will be
>>
>>28715357
this would be absolutely detrimental to the 4chan community. a community where you can share whatever thoughts or opinions you have anonymously. if everything were up to a voting system the posts would be pandering to the status quo. instead of the freedom in posting we now enjoy it would be a shithouse of normies in a hugbox that doesn't promote creativity or differing opinions. it would ruin us.
>>
>>28716988
>To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize
>>
>>28715357
this bait put classic NTH rosh bait to shame
>>
>>28717099
yeah, moot was getting sick of the attention. whats with the shitty quote?
>>
>>28715357
Downvoted, the lack of voting system here makes this the best.
>>
Might be good for a while, but the main thing keeping normies away from this site is the toxic comments that we just ignore. If we introduce voting we will be infiltrated by normies and turn into reddit 2.0 on account of their down voting of contrary opinions and not just cancerous comments.
>>
>>28717243
>Being this uneducated
Oh, wagie, do read up on philosophy, if you can.
>>
>>28715357
(--\Like this if ur reading in 2016! ;^)/--)
>>
>>28715581
>it would only promote the circle jerking right-think of youtube and reddit comments

So nothing would change?
>>
>>28715587
Hmm... I wonder why one has a good reputation and the other does not.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.