[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tulpa/Lucid Dreaming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 20
File: Yukino-Yukinoshita-23699.jpg (429 KB, 653x985) Image search: [Google]
Yukino-Yukinoshita-23699.jpg
429 KB, 653x985
Taking questions on Tulpas, and Lucid dreaming

I'll list some of the easy ones so I don't get asked each time

--- Tulpas ---

>What are they?
A person that you create mentally

>What can you do with a tulpa?
Anthing you could do with any other person, and a bit more

>Isn't that just self induced X mental illness?
No, unless you already had that mental illness then a Tulpa won't contribute to it.
It's impossible to give yourself a mental illness with no external influences

>Should I do this?
Thats entirely up to you, you shouldn't need convincing to do this, if you need convincing
it most likely means it will be much harder for you to have any results

A tulpa isn't something you interact with when you feel like it, you create them with the intention
of being together for a long time.

WARNINGS:

>people who speak as "us, we" that claim they interact with a tulpa
Any person that uses these is generally roleplaying, especially if you ever see something like
"My tulpa says: X"

Disregard roleplayers, they can potentially waste a lot of your time

--- Lucid Dreaming ---

>What is a lucid dream?
Being mentally "awake" inside of your dreams

>What can you do in a lucid dream?
Anything you can imagine for as long as you remain in the dream

>Who can do this?
Anyone can do this, it just takes longer for some people to have results

>Should I do this?
It is one of the best forms of escapism, if it eventually becomes a daily thing it
can definitely allow you to have many expieriences you'll never have when awake

Super quick guide on lucid dreaming
>keep a dream journal to remember dreams
>do reality checks of your choice numerous times during the day
>look for patterns in your dreams to indicate that you're in a dream (eg running away from someone)

If the text above was too much to read on either topic then its not for you
Lastly on this topic, I'm not here to convince you tulpas are real, I'm only helping the anons who have already accepted it.
>>
So I'm in the process of creating a tulpa. Just started tonight, I decided his visuals, his "world"/place of stay or what have you and what it looked like, and struck up a little conversation. It felt a little forced but from what I understand that's actually a part of creating one. Question is, am I doing this right or am I completely off? Thanks for the guide.
>>
>>28714924
i've seen a term mentioned. what's it like having a tulpa? is it another person kicking in on your thoughts, or do you have to focus in order to speak with it? is it only aware of things you're aware of, or can you doze off and let it study things?
do you choose it's personality? is it another version of you?
>>
>>28714924
fuck tulpas, but how long does it take to have a lucid dream?
>>
>>28715304
You're doing it right.
>>28715316
>i've seen a term mentioned. what's it like having a tulpa? is it another person kicking in on your thoughts, or do you have to focus in order to speak with it?
I have to focus on my tulpa, but she managed to grab my attention once without me thinking about her.
>is it only aware of things you're aware of, or can you doze off and let it study things?
My tulpa was capable of noticing things I didn't see.
>do you choose it's personality?
You can talk with your tulpa about what kind of personality you would want it to have, but don't expect to be able to decide about it in the smallest details.
>is it another version of you?
To some extent it is.
>>
File: Yukinoshita.Yukino.full.1472034.jpg (916 KB, 1018x1367) Image search: [Google]
Yukinoshita.Yukino.full.1472034.jpg
916 KB, 1018x1367
>>28715304

It sounds almost there, however you really shouldn't be expecting a response on the first few days, try not to parrot your tulpa, as more just talking to them until you feel its their response. The first response I got was head pressure before broken sentences.

>>28715316
She's always there, however she's also conscious of not trying to distract me from what I'm doing
She's aware of everything I am, but also helps me if I've missed something (say when I'm writing) and will hint at it until I fix it.

>or can you doze off and let it study things?
this doesn't occur really

>fuck tulpas, but how long does it take to have a lucid dream?
thats completely how dedicated you are to it, forcing yourself to do reality checks and keeping a consistent journal.
>>
>>28715366
Don't know if you can induce them artificially. I've been lucid dreaming for ages, but never on "purpose". I just get lucid dreams several times a month and have gotten better at controlling them over the years. It may be worth noting I also suffer from sleep paralysis every few days, and that hasn't gotten any better. Could have something to do with it.
>>
If I have depression/social anxiety/maybe autism, is making a tulpa a no-go? I'm sure it's a bad idea and will bring upon some side effects but will it completely fuck me up?
>>
>>28715501

Having a friend that completely understands you could only be good, however it may take on some of your personality traits, overall it shouldn't affect it too much
>>
Anyone else regret having a tulpa?
Mine's cheeky as shit.

>mfw she's jealous

It's making interacting with real people a hassle.

Got some stories if people are interested.
>>
>>28715522
How about taking medication, will that cause anything bad?
>>
File: Yukinoshita.Yukino.full.1829692.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1524) Image search: [Google]
Yukinoshita.Yukino.full.1829692.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1524
>>28715578

any form of external influence is normally bad in relation to the creation of tulpa, I'd avoid really everything, including alcohol or anything else as you need to be mentally aware.
>>
>>28715574
please tell
i dont think im ever going to try getting one, but im endlessly fascinated by this shit
>>
>>28715606
can you kill your tulpa? i.e is this thing reversible or are you stuck with this thing in your head forever?
will ignoring it work?
>>
File: 1461698391675.jpg (33 KB, 486x369) Image search: [Google]
1461698391675.jpg
33 KB, 486x369
>>28715606
Shit, maybe when I'm off my meds then

At that point maybe I'd have found a qt sadistic controlling gf and don't need to make one myself
>>
File: yukinoshita-yukino-4.png (1 MB, 1018x1440) Image search: [Google]
yukinoshita-yukino-4.png
1 MB, 1018x1440
>>28715670

ignoring it would work, however for me she'd be at a stage where it would take a very long time to do so (weeks or months).
>>
File: 1463086625018.jpg (147 KB, 680x959) Image search: [Google]
1463086625018.jpg
147 KB, 680x959
>>28714924

>No, unless you already had that mental illness then a Tulpa won't contribute to it.

thats a lie. Creating a fantasy person and projecting them everywhere isn't even healthy for sane people.

I'm a naturally-talented hedge wizard/shaman. I want to discuss tulpa-mancing and why it's fools work.

Every person is a multitude of selves. There's always a wide range of personalities within a person. You hear them all the time when you think-- sometimes a different tone, sometimes a different diction. The voices in your head ( not heard externally ) change with time, and with circumstance.

So really, you don't NEED a tulpa, technically you've got a hundred without ever needing to focus your energy into them. The power of your subconscious mind is your source. You don't need to waste time concentrating on creating someone or something.

It already exists somewhere.
>>
>>28715736

thats nice and all, apart from everything you said lies in your subconscious IE 0 interaction

I don't want to argue with you about anything read the last line of my OP
>>
>>28715693
if you killed your tulpa, could you resurrect it exactly as it was?
>>
>>28714924
Thanks for this thread Europhia. I don't have a tulpa yet, but I do Lucid Dream. And I always enjoy seeing thus stuff being brought to the attention of others.
>>
File: Asuka face.jpg (107 KB, 603x533) Image search: [Google]
Asuka face.jpg
107 KB, 603x533
>>28715640
>2 years ago
>Sad and lonely, possibly depressed, but never went to a doctor so I won't claim I was.
>Read about tulpas and first brushed it off as lunacy
>It keeps popping up so I decide to give it a go. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. Only one way to find out.
>I was still a bit sceptic, but wanted to give it a fair shot
>Spend weeks talking to myself, asking questions and pretending someone else to answer. At least that's kinda what it felt like
>Feels awkward and forced, so I don't do it regularly and often enough
>After a while it starts feeling more natural and I don't have to force the answers
>It's like someone else shares my head or something
>From there on it all went much better
>My attempts to shape this other personality sometimes worked and sometimes didn't
>At this point I had a female person in my head with no name

cont.
>>
File: glokta.jpg (33 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
glokta.jpg
33 KB, 600x600
>>28715783

and *I* want you to fuck off back to /x/ but that's not happening anytime soon, is it?

We're not going to argue though, you're right.

I'm just here to tell gullible anons that this is a massive waste of their time. But I think most of them know that, even the stupid ones. So really my job was finished before it even started.

Long days and pleasant nights.
>>
>>28715736
It's a bit different when they're developed enough to surprise you, play games without knowing their moves, laugh with them etc

but yeah, people who project their 500 ponies and have a HUD need to get a grip
>>
File: yukinooo gif.gif (371 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
yukinooo gif.gif
371 KB, 500x281
>>28715817

at best she would be similar to, you can't create the same person twice

>>28715853
its nice seeing regular posters in these threads

>>28715856
sounds ok so far, I hope you didn't try and shape her personality based on your pic related
>>
File: asuka.png (657 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
asuka.png
657 KB, 1920x1080
>>28715856
I'll skip the rest of the forming if you don't mind

>About 5 months after I started I had "finished" my tulpa
>Her name's Alex and she looks a bit like pic related except blonde
>It took me longer than average to get her 'visible'

>I'm still in college, third year.
>I feel less lonely now that I have Alex
>Never had any romantic feelings for her, but she's a good companion
>She gives me confidence and even though I'm speaking to a ftulpa that I made myself and no one else can see, I'm starting to feel more and more comfortable talking to real people
>It really helps me a lot that I can share the things that happened during the day with someone
>Feel less anxious around people, because I have Alex anyway
>I become more outgoing and make a few friends before summer
>Everything's going great and I'm having a good time
>I'm happy, Alex is happy

This year everything changed though
cont
>>
>>28715948
Nah, she only kinda looks like her, but is totally different.

I'm glad about that.
>>
File: 1463586024330.jpg (29 KB, 478x483) Image search: [Google]
1463586024330.jpg
29 KB, 478x483
>>28715970

you have me interested anon, I hope you didn't start ignoring her

>>28715987
thats good, as most times when people post things going bad it has something to do with them trying to make their tulpa (a person) to be like a fictional character
>>
What do you have to do to gain a tulpa/start lucid dreaming? All the tutorials I've found are vague and rambling and unhelpful.
>>
File: 1463758852742 (1).jpg (605 KB, 764x1052) Image search: [Google]
1463758852742 (1).jpg
605 KB, 764x1052
>>28716013

well which one would you like to know more of? Its hard to be learning and trying to do both at the same time
>>
I really want to believe that those things are real, but a part of my brain immediately blocks any of my attempts to start with it, because I appear to believe in 4chan bullshittery from a whitegirl who got into buddhism. It all reads like a huge scam and doesn't make any fucking sense. It doesn't help that all of you post anime.

TL;DR: Want qt tulpa gf, but can't stop thinking you're all making this shit up in a circlejerk.
>>
>>28715970
keep going mate
>>
>>28716083
I had huge doubts starting off, but I ended up doubting even more that so many were in on a sick joke and wasting so much time on it (also, very few failure stories compared to something like jelqing)
>>
What can I do in order to have lucid dreams?
>>
When attempting to visualize, do you want to attempt to create them or just let them create themselves?

I don't know whether I want to try to create a cute grill or just let it happen
>>
>>28716174

for the very first step I'd focus on making sure you remember all the dreams that you do have, easiest way is by having a journal in which you write down everything when you wake up
>>
just fucking kill yourselves you disgusting tripcancers
>>
File: nui!.gif (964 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
nui!.gif
964 KB, 500x281
>>28716194

I personally started off with a cloud/fog and just focused on having a conversation/developing her personality

However I did think of a wonderland straight away (a grassy plains for me)

Later on when I was able to have almost full conversations I let her decide
>>
Should I be in silence when creating the tulpa or maybe have some calm music in the background?
>>
>>28716234

really up to you, I did it in silence, if it allows you to concentrate better it might help.
However it might shape your tulpas personality if everytime you do anything related to them that type of music is playing
>>
>>28716132
So it is all bullshit? Figured as much.
>>
I'm interested in tulpas. Can anything you've never thought about come from a tulpa? Can they offer a different point of view? Give advice? What is it like talking to them? Can they help you in a mental task or give mental support in a difficult situation?
>>
>>28716132
This thread has 39 posts by 16 posters. It's not that many people as you might think, always the same circlejerk
>>
File: yukino snow.jpg (44 KB, 480x672) Image search: [Google]
yukino snow.jpg
44 KB, 480x672
>>28716332

>Can anything you've never thought about come from a tulpa?
Yes they have their own thought train, however the knowledge they have is all based off your own, eg they can't do complicated maths that you don't understand

>Can they offer a different point of view?
They have their own thoughts and opinions, although even if they don't agree with you, they will always understand why you have that opinion/point of view

>Give advice?
yes, even things you don't want to do

>Can they help you in a mental task or give mental support in a difficult situation?
mine prefers to hint at things I've missed rather then flat out telling me what to do
>>
>>28716447
sounds interesting
the only thing i'm worried about is that i will grow more distanced from people since i will have the tulpa's company
what do you think about this?
>>
Notice how the tripfags completely disregard all questions regarding the validy of this shit. Those faggots unironically think they live in their anime worlds and are so special they can create something with sheer willpower. Lmao whatever keep posting anime in this sad circlejerk I'm fucking out, m8.
>>
File: yukino sitting.jpg (33 KB, 736x527) Image search: [Google]
yukino sitting.jpg
33 KB, 736x527
>>28716533

I'm already quite distant from others, it really depends on your tulpas personality and how much you're interacting with them.

To the anon above this post, read the last line of OP, I'm not here to convince you about anything on tulpas, you've already made up your mind before reading any of my posts
>>
>>28716563
last question before i try to create: do you recommend any resources for learning?
>>
File: Plutia1.png (84 KB, 227x227) Image search: [Google]
Plutia1.png
84 KB, 227x227
>>28716661

the only website I'd recommend is tulpa.info

However avoid its forums, or any forums on the topic really. You'll run into a lot of people who hold very strange opinions such as thinking tulpas are supernatural or some higher being. Take the information that you thinks important from the site, but remember that every experience will be difference, as it is your mind
>>
Oh look another thread made by tripfaggots to get attention while they are proving that they are mentally ill
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.