[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>customer throws a shitfit at me at work >years of desensitisation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: tmp_12112-acd106720528.jpg (25 KB, 600x402) Image search: [Google]
tmp_12112-acd106720528.jpg
25 KB, 600x402
>customer throws a shitfit at me at work
>years of desensitisation to this makes me able to handle it calmly, coolly, and with a slight smirk
>this makes the customer even angrier
>tfw

Retail/service industry thread. How's my fellow punching bags doing?
>>
>>28714732
"The customer is always right" was a mistake.
>>
>>28714732

I made a customer contemplate his mortality

He was 45 and must have thought he would live forever or something because the onset of what I said made his face go flush he started getting confused lost interest and left the store
>>
>>28714805
What did you say

Blockaroooo
>>
>>28714754

Never let the customer leave unsatisfied
Never refund a customer

This is how you win retail, your boss doesn't give a fuck about anything else you could say
>>
File: 4-chan-gamestop-being-invaded.jpg (202 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
4-chan-gamestop-being-invaded.jpg
202 KB, 1366x768
>>28714732

>work as a night shift shelfstacker
>almost 0 customer interaction
>decent exercise
>33 grand and stocks every year
>10 minute walk to work
>rent+bills only 600bux

it's an acceptable existence
>>
>>28714840

he was asking what the life span on a washer or cooker was

I said basically a life time saying that someone I know had the same make and it lasts 20 years

He said 20 years isn't a life time

I said well it if you are 65 when it stops working as joke
>>
>>28714907
>hotel receptionist
>only work weekends since I study on the weekdays
>always alone on 12 hour shifts
>deal with hundreds of customers each day

It's an alright job
>>
File: 1457911330878.gif (439 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1457911330878.gif
439 KB, 640x360
>"High thank you for calling pizza hut will this before delivery or carryout?"
>"Actually you forg-"
>Hang up phone
>Eat another quepapa
>Give manager a thumbs up
>He laughs

Feels good man
>>
>>28714754

At the same time it's infuriating when you're being gypsied by a business and the representative handling the interaction acts oblivious to your indignation.
>>
>>28715066
That's why trade laws are in order.

Bending over backwards to satisfy and insatiable customer who gets off on making service industry employees miserable is a horrible experience.
>>
>>28715066

I'll add, the posters in this thread seem to be under the illusion that in being in retail, or customer service they're somehow removed from having to interact with the very same people in writing up insurance or cable, or some kind of contractual obligation. You're not. It's the same service as anyone else goes through, and that service can be shitty because there's always the element of the human obstacle at play.
>>
>>28715126

Essentially you're all consumers and clients in some way.

>>28715126
What about bad service? Write a bad review about the business? There's other examples but point is businesses aren't infallible and can fuck you over without threat of the law.
>>
>working at night time subway's
>lots of drunks
>2 clients which I have argued before I would rather not again
>go do other stuff
It's pretty distressing, desu. Ironically, the drug dealers are the most fun customers. I'm trying to not be a jerk while also not being a pushover. It's hard.
>>
ITT entitled arseholes tell stories of how they act like arseholes causing the people who pay their wages to react like arseholes.

The funny bit is the part where they don't realise they are arseholes all of the time and that's why they're stuck in shit tier jobs.
>>
File: 1455690777756.png (171 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1455690777756.png
171 KB, 1280x1280
>work as a mechanic
>always overcharge chads, black people and promiscuous women
>always undercharge depressed and poor looking people
>>
>shelf stacking backroom fuckboy
>dont interact with customers or even co-workers most of the time
>anytime i do they just bitch about something or someone

wew lad people actually do this until retirement
>>
>>28714732
Ever since I was a child I have an awful smirk. I smirk when people look at me, when I remember funny things, sometimes just because I randomly feel pretty happy. It gets me in a lot of trouble, but espescially when people try to tell at me or are angry at me.
>>28714754
That saying is so horribly misused. It was meant as for general economic trends, not specific interactions. Like you might want to sell red shirts, but if people are buying blue shirts, you'd better sell them if you want to make money.
>>
>>28715235
good lad

i like you
>>
>>28714907
That sounds really fucking comfy senpai. Not a bad amount of money either, especially with your expenses
>>
>>28715235
best pepe

keep doing god's work my son
>>
>>28714907
What fucking shelves are you stacking that makes it worth 33 grand
>>
>Work part time as a pharmacy assistant
>it's an okay job if you don't mind an assy manager, annoying fatty, spoiled teenagers bossing you around all the time
>Just kidding I hate it
>>
File: images.png (14 KB, 382x385) Image search: [Google]
images.png
14 KB, 382x385
>drive past a Woolworths back dock section
>see an old woman in a uniform taking her break on the steps smoking
>just the whole fucking scene, that typical grimey back dock section, sun bleached bitumen in the car park, sitting on concrete her coming from some other world where smoking was fine
>wonder how long she's been doing it, how it feels to take order from a slightly overweight store manager probably with a belated sense of self importance at her age still and if she simply can't afford to retire
>all on her own out the back with no hope of change by this point, beyond salvation

It was a very absurd feel.
>>
>>28715225
>I've never worked in retail
Everyone starts out nice and innocent until you realize that the general public is cancer.
>>
>>28716910
>have summer job at nursing home
>every lunch break hang out with coworkers
>they're all 55 year old women or 25 going on 55
>all sat around the same sunbleached tables that nobody ever fixes
>smokes
>black coffee
>sun blasting down
>same table, same scorched bushes in the median, same smell of warm tiles
>feel like these people just come to work and work and go home, over and over, for fifty years, then die

truly esoteric feels
>>
>>28717003

It's so fucking hard to describe or explain. I used to work at a grocery store myself and the break room just had this "tired" quality to it.

Bland walls covered in old glu tac and sticky tape stains, dirty tiles, the combined smell of everyone's lunch having been microwaved for the past 20 years, the kitchen bench whose acrylic plastic is chipping away and revealing that dirty and sort of crumbly timber beneath it. And all my coworkers on their phone playing (at the time) angry birds every day, all of them like 30 - 40 and always drinking jumbo sized cans of Mother or Rockstar energy drink.

I hate saying it because it does make you sound so conceited but is it truly possible for someone to live a full life totally lacking any self-awareness or a moment of existential "aha!" that at least puts things a little into perspective? Some people just seem too much like cattle.
>>
>work as cashier and stockperson at a Shoppers Drug Mart
>mindless labour
>most of my coworkers are a laugh
>customers are usually pleasant
>most of my trouble with customers stem from them somehow not being able to read signs
>bosses and supervisors genuinely seem to love me as a worker
>still treat me like i'm cattle

it's an ok job. never thought i'd be working there for as long as i have, though
>>
>>28715235
are you american?
if so acceptable behaivour
>>
>>28716910
>>28717003
>>28717101

Obscure feels thread?
>>
>>28715235
Good lad.
you're an example to us all
>>
>>28714732

>tfw work in the meat department
>tfw still don't know how to actually cut steaks or do much of anything besides put product out and do seafood shit
>tfw I look 17 so people are easier on me than on others

It's an ok feel
>>
>>28714732
>tfw nurse
>tfw it's just customer service but you have to wipe their ass as well
Oh well, at least I get the choice of how much anaesthetic+lube to use before inserting their catheters.
>>
>>28715235
This is bery nice robot.
>>
>>28715225
>t. entitled arsehole
>>
>>28715032
never happened you anime posting faggot
>>
>>28715235
I approve of this behavior anon.
>>
>>28717425

I work in a help desk for hosptials talking to you people god damn you're irritating but I understand now mostly women so 10x as irritating
>>
>at work right now
>not even a real job, I get paid to sit at a desk and browse 4chan, probably answer one question every three hours (seriously)
>customer just walked up to me and asked if we have kleenex
>look around to see if any was left by another deskfag
>say nope, sorry
>he gets visibly annoyed like "jeez, what fucking good are you?!"
>tell him that the bathrooms have dispensers
>he interrupts me to go "YEAH, thanks, k" or something like that while walking away
>I don't give a fuck whatsoever because the job is piss easy and I can just ignore him
>tfw I realize there are retail dudes who just deal with this guy 500x per hour, nonstop, all day, forever

You poor fucking bastards
>>
>>28714754
I deliberately work overnight shifts at any retail store to avoid interacting with people. I hate people that much.

Doesn't matter if it affects my quality of life or weekends. I hate people.
>>
>>28716521
Most likely wholesale stores such as Sams club or Costco
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.