[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tobacco General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: pipes-tobacco.jpg (114 KB, 542x253) Image search: [Google]
pipes-tobacco.jpg
114 KB, 542x253
Who else /tobacco/ here?

I experimented with cigarettes towards the end of last semester (first year of college). Nicotine "high" is SUPER nice when you are drunk. Now I'm living with my parents for the summer, and not on my college campus so I can't buy alcohol (the stores around here confiscate fake IDs), and I can't smoke weed because of a fucking drug test coming up. On top of it, my parents won't let me spend the night at friends' houses because they know I will drink with them if I do.

So now I sneak out of my house every night at 3 am and smoke a bowl of tobacco in my new pipe. Tonight I smoked a nice bowl of Amaretto. I do it because it's the only way I can "get fucked up", except not really because the buzz sucks when you're sober. I have an ounce of maryjane stashed away, and it kills me that I can't smoke it because of the upcoming drug test. I wonder how soon it will be until I get cancer.

Share tobacco stories, how you smoke, how you started smoking, etc.
>>
>getting fucked up
>tobacco

Underage confirmed.

Don't smoke you fucking retard.
>>
>>28713927
I'll join in anyway.

>14
>working
>girls at work buy me smokes
>fast forward to 23
>quit

It's addictive and not really worth it. Just smoke weed, faggot.
>>
>>28713984
What else can I do to keep the boredom/sadness away?

What are your thoughts on smoking weed?
>>
File: wdfgggjh.jpg (37 KB, 477x640) Image search: [Google]
wdfgggjh.jpg
37 KB, 477x640
>>28714006
There is no problem with smoking weed if you keep your life in order. I've been smoking weed literally every day since I was 17. I'm 25 now.
>university education
>gf
>job

Weed is okay, because it gets you fucked up and you can coast through life being stoned and chilled out.

Tobacco is retarded because it causes cancer, the buzz is shit and goes away quickly with tolerance and is highly addictive and difficult to quit.

You can keep your sadness away with videogames, fapping, gf, hobbies ETC

OR YOU CAN CONFRONT WHAT BOTHERS YOU SO IT GOES AWAY. That's always the best solution.

Have a Pepe.
>>
File: bbpjbtzs.jpg (39 KB, 666x420) Image search: [Google]
bbpjbtzs.jpg
39 KB, 666x420
>>28714006
use drugs that dont show up on a drug test/are legal
>>
File: fefefe.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
fefefe.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
>>28714047
Also, why smoke weed when you can just vaporize it - saving money and reducing lung cancer risk dramatically?

Pic related is the vaporizer I use for weed.
>>
>>28713927

Smokin the Nat Sherman Naturals.
>>
tobacco is shit. if you can't get high with weed then find some acid. it only stays in your system a few days and you get way more bang for your buck
>>
>>28714067
That does sound nice, but they are so damn expensive.

Plus it's so much more satisfying rolling up a fat j and smoking it with your boys in the park, rather than sitting around a table sucking an air bag in front of a noisy heater.
>>
>>28713927
>smoking on and off since 15
>work nights during one summer
>half a pack a day
>go to college
>smoke even more between classes

No regrets honestly, at 19. I don't smoke pot but I do other drugs. Learn to hate yourself a bit more and you will find that it becomes necessary to smoke. Smoking goes great with being angry with yourself and the people around you.

Best cigarettes that are decently available (in order!):
>Stokkebye rolling tobacco (Turkish or Amsterdam)
>Dunhill Reds
>Nat Sherman Havana Ovals
>Nat Sherman MCDs
>Camel Turkish (the filterless ones in the soft pack)

Shits delishus. I've tried a hell of a lot of smokes, so ask me about any of them.
>>
>>28714379
Think of it as an investment. The $500 you spend on the vaporizer will save you $500,000 in medical bills due to lung cancer.
>>
>>28714651
What do you think about Natural American Spirit cigs? What makes a cigarette "good"? What is your favorite?
>>
>>28714726
No cigarettes are good. Don't smoke. REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>28714726
Spirits are okay, they are what I used to smoke. The Perique blend was the shit a few years ago, but they recently started tasting like shit. I read that they had to start using some cheap mexican filler tobacco to cut costs. I do enjoy the ones with the charcoal filters though.

"Good" is pretty subjective, especially when it comes to cigarettes. For me, it is a blend of flavor, the feel, and the nicotine buzz. For instance, Nat Sherman Black and Golds are incredibly tasty and smooth, but they have zero throat hit and negligible buzz. Havana Ovals on the other hand, are filterless, decent buzz, tasty as fuck (that sweetened paper mane), and have a decent throat hit. Dunhills are a nice classy cigarette. They are what I imagine the "Heavy" brand of cigarettes are in Deadly Premonition.

Some people prefer a natural smoke with only american tobacco flavors. Some like some natural flavoring, like being aged in an oak barrel, or having a complex tobacco blend. Some people even prefer the chemical taste of other major brands like marlboro or Camel. It really depends on you. If you want to put in some effort, you can learn to roll your own. Stokkebye and a little bit of some nice pipe tobacco make for an excellent smoke.
>>
>>28715073
I should also mention that if you prefer Menthol, Nat Sherman "Hint" is a good cigarette as well. I generally detest menthol but those were decent.

Flavored cigarettes or "filtered cigars" are generally pretty trash in the States. Djarum's can be okay, but they are kind of kiddie tier. They do look cool though. You can get east Asian Djarums that are pretty excellent if you can find them. Also there are these tiny Korean cigarettes that are delicious but I have never seen them apart from being given a few.
>>
File: image.jpg (191 KB, 717x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191 KB, 717x960
I'm wishing drawing from cigarettes and you can all, quite frankly, suck my fucking dick.

I have to friggin' keep sipping this drink like every two minutes or so just to keep my bloodsugar up.
Otherwise I feel groggy as all hell.

At least I'm saving money, though.
>>
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>>28715485
WITHDRAWING.

AUTOCORRECT YOU CAN SUCK MY DICK TOO AND CHOKE ON MY LUMPY FUCKING CUM, YOU STUPID PIECE OF SHIT.
>>
I smoked from ages 20 to 26, gave up roughly five months ago.

I have cravings every single day, and my body won't be as healthy as a non-smokers for at least another decade.

If you're smoking because you're bored here's a glimpse of your future: When you're not bored, more specifically, when you have stressors, you will want to smoke more. You will develop a tolerance and want to smoke even more. You will begin smoking so much it'll have a noticeable effect on your breathing and overall energy levels. The diminishing returns of nicotine will cause you to need other outlets as well, and you'll likely form other addictions.

If you're not a complete retard eventually you'll reach a point where you realise it isn't sustainable, and you'll want to quit. You'll keep trying, over and over and over again. It might take eight attempts, it might take thirty, but you will almost certainly be unable to quit on your first attempt.

Every time you try to quit you will gain weight and even when you've quit for five months (which is where I'm at) you'll still be having such strong cravings that you're not completely confident you've quit for good. According to the most reliable literature I can potentially be in this state for years. For years I'm one slip up away from relapsing.

Nicotine is fucked, the high isn't even particularly good or noticeable and certainly isn't worth the addiction. The diminishing returns make it so you just feel normal when you smoke, rather than 'high'.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.