[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>4chan users regularly look down their noses at the prospect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: keko.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
keko.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>4chan users regularly look down their noses at the prospect of earning ~40-80K USD at a job
>most of the posters who do so have yet to actually be compensated at this middling first-world level
>no first-worlder keeps the world in perspective. No first worlder regularly thanks Christ that they weren't born in Liberia, or Uttar Pradesh
>"mediocrity" is so hateful to normies that they would theoretically (never actually) sooner puke blood for the sake of feeling something, than to become Bert, Junior Accountant with a mortgage

>4chan's collective affect is that of the delusional temporarily embarassed American millionaire, when in fact half of the country cannot cover an emergency expense of a few thousand dollars out of pocket

>we are supposed to believe that all these pretenders who stick their noses up at middling unsexy jobs aren't in the bottom half of first-world society
>>
File: what-00059.png (191 KB, 419x398) Image search: [Google]
what-00059.png
191 KB, 419x398
That's not how greentext works
>>
File: 1451475059527.jpg (48 KB, 253x229) Image search: [Google]
1451475059527.jpg
48 KB, 253x229
>>28711180
>it's a ragie wagie thread
>>
>>28711180
>>4chan users regularly look down their noses at the prospect of earning ~40-80K USD at a job
it's more that I look with dread on having to spend >40 hours a week doing something I hate

>>28711320
Akari a cute
>>
>>28711394

Actually, I didn't have the robot POV in mind specifically while writing. More "ambitious" anons throughout the site regularly write in an insulting fashion about this comfy first-world-tier salary range. I understand what you're saying though.

Your contempt is different from the above contempt, though, which is the point. You just plain don't want to work, which makes sense. The normie contempt for mediocrity is that is connotes social status lower than the Instagram(tm) Absolute Best, which is the real point. And yet the reality is that almost everyone even in the first world does not enjoy the Absolute Best, so the conceit is a lie.
>>
>>28711180
actually I'm moving to liberia to get a job

strange world isn't it
>>
>>28711180
I make 70k, feels good man
>>
>>28711576

It's not good enough for Stacy. Oh no, you have to kill someone or some shit.

>>28711558

Ebola related? srs question.
>>
>>28711590
AIDS health education related
>>
>>28711732

so basically thankless goody-two-shoes for ingrates, same thing, okay. Stay safe I guess, flareups continue.
>>
>implying most people here would be earning 40-80k if they started working
Try 14-24k faggot. I have years of work experience and the best I could get right now if I went back to work is 30k/year.
>>
>>28711808
You're only supposed to use those jobs as a platform to get skills which can be used to get better jobs.
I just got an entry level forklift operator position thanks to having been able to get certification while working at a retail store.
>>
>>28711944
>You're only supposed to use those jobs as a platform to get skills which can be used to get better jobs.
>I just got an entry level forklift operator position
Those jobs don't make 40k. No skill you learn as a forklift operator will get you to a position where you make 40k.

Idiot.
>>
File: K I L L U R S E L F.png (76 KB, 244x326) Image search: [Google]
K I L L U R S E L F.png
76 KB, 244x326
It's another one of those threads, where OP thinks he's some enlighten cunt with valuable information.
>>
>make 150k a year

Feels good man.
>>
>>28711959
>What is a foreman?
>What is a CDL?
>What is logistics?
Magic must just happen for product to show up on store shelves. Maybe UPS delivers it.

>Idiot
The irony
>>
>>28712007
>implying you'll get foreman when there is heavy competition
lmao
>truck driving
lmao
>logistics
you won't get the qualifications for this just from driving a forklift you dumb cunt

just all around lmao. enjoy driving forklifts forever.
>>
>>28711180
It's probably more like only the most obnoxious people feel the need to brag about their financial situation to an anonymous fucking image board. Really triggers my autism some of the faggots who post on sites like this, desu.
>>
>>28712027
>implying you'll get foreman when there is heavy competition
Literally what my foreman did.

>truck driving
Right, you don't need a license to operate heavy equipment. CDLs only exist for semi-trucks. And you called me an idiot?

>you won't get the qualifications for this just from driving a forklift you dumb cunt
One of the logistics people just did this last year though. My boss even drove forklift.

>just all around lmao. enjoy driving forklifts forever.
That'd be great. It's incredibly fun.
>>
>>28712027
>wahh I can't just sit here doing the same job and not try to learn new skills or push into new areas and expect to make any additional money! I might even have to COMPETE WITH OTHER PEOPLE!
I'm beginning to sympathize with the boomers when they say our generation is lazy, worthless, and entitled.
Is it hard? Yeah. It sucks. You can either try anyway or be content remaining where you are. Pick one.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.