[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who else /cptsd/ here Lets talk about being fundamentally broken
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8
File: rickisloverickislife.jpg (34 KB, 216x224) Image search: [Google]
rickisloverickislife.jpg
34 KB, 216x224
who else /cptsd/ here

Lets talk about being fundamentally broken beings :)
>>
>>28711121

so we're adding letters on now?

this is the new echelon?
>>
File: dum.gif (999 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
dum.gif
999 KB, 500x280
>>28711138
yeah basically shitting alphabet soup on your diagnostic manual of choice at this point.
>>
>>28711213

Fair enough.

What does the C stand for ?
>>
>>28711229
Maybe chronic? I don't know
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
>>28711229
complex

tl;dr not a single traumatic event (like seeing your buddies get blown by an IED) but lots of repeated shitty things (like repeated sexual assaults or mommie not getting you enough tendies)

>>28711297
PTSD by nature is chronic fuckstick
>>
File: 1435015770237.jpg (177 KB, 600x740) Image search: [Google]
1435015770237.jpg
177 KB, 600x740
>>28711297

Let's toss an A on there, while we're add it.

Acute chronic post-tramatic stress disorder

It's too short though. We need a REAL acronym.

so let's couple it with schizophrenia and narcissistic rage.

A.C.P.T.S.D.W.S.N.R

there. we can now end this thread.
>>
my psychiatrist says i have it but i don't believe him.
>>
>>28711364
>acute
>chronic
What dip do you use for lead chips

>>28711418
I didn't believe mine for a bit I still kinda don't but I don't have to pay for them to say that at least

Some of the therapy techniques are good for robots no matter what tho. Give it a shot anon
>>
>>28711352
How does complex PTSD work? For all I know it could be a tumblr meme waiting to happen
>>
File: 1435082941610.jpg (62 KB, 500x454) Image search: [Google]
1435082941610.jpg
62 KB, 500x454
>>28711447

>What dip do you use for lead chips

I'm just fuckin with ya, man. I have it too.

I just don't wanna talk with you about being broken, that's stating the obvious.

I'm done moping about it, I hope one day you are too.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (8 KB, 301x167) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
8 KB, 301x167
>>28711496
of course it will becomes a tumblr meme because that's what tumblr does.

its just what happens to someone who lived with repeated trauma
>dissociation
>fragmented self-narrative
>warped body image
>chronic sense of helplessness
>psychogenic amnesia/constantly ruminating
>>
>>28711945
i have all these symptoms and faced no trauma, wtf
>>
>>28711945
My gf has it.

>tfw trying to help her see how great she is and frequently hitting a brick wall

I won't give up though. Any advice?
>>
File: images (3).jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
10 KB, 300x168
>>28711991
I'm not a doctor but from what I gather its not really any single trauma. Just living under duress or isolation can traumatize you. Or it becomes normalized. Everything as far as I knew was normal until a social worker at the ER where I was being treated for poisoning told me to run and told me what's real. I thought every family was like mine.

>>28712052
Be strong and take care of yourself first. Tell her to find something objective to base her self worth on until the therapy starts working. I personally cycle. If I can do one more mile than I did yesterday I'm going to be ok
>>
>>28712052
Also have her get therapy. There's probably not much more you can do. EDMR is good I've heard
>>
>>28711121
Yeah. Let's stroke our dicks about how broken our poor souls are and how we are just going to sit here and blame those who have absolutely no impact on us for everything that's wrong in our lives.

This is my kind of thread.

You are entertainment. Nothing more, and I will have a laugh. Thanks, bitch ass niggas.
>>
>>28712217
And then there's this attention-starved little queen.

Bursting into a half-empty room to wave his cock about and hoot his inane defiance to the faceless gallery of despairing men, who only wished him to put on some god damn pants.
>>
>>28712052
>tfw trying to help her see how great she is and frequently hitting a brick wall
What if she really is a piece of shit though? What if your cock is blinding you to the truth?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.