[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /tulpa/ here? Been waiting all week for someone to make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: flcl.jpg (41 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
flcl.jpg
41 KB, 480x360
Who /tulpa/ here?

Been waiting all week for someone to make a thread and I am sorely dissapointed
>>
>>28710227
convince me to make a tulpa
>>
>>28710246
why tho

oregano
>>
>>28710246
Friend for life, understands you completely and doesn't judge. Helps you up when you're down. A supportive constant in your life.

That's what I like about it at least
>>
File: 1462195286489.jpg (101 KB, 660x810) Image search: [Google]
1462195286489.jpg
101 KB, 660x810
>>28710246

if you need convincing to do anything, then you don't want to do it in the first place

>>28710227
I'll make one later today, just haven't felt like participating in too much lately
>>
>>28710227
There was a really good tulpa thread earlier about some dude who made one named Lisa on accident.
>>
File: 1456119520521.jpg (71 KB, 735x599) Image search: [Google]
1456119520521.jpg
71 KB, 735x599
>>28710318

>making a tulpa on accident

>something that takes weeks of dedication on accident

kek
>>
>>28710302
Sweet. I'm still in the creation process so I don't feel like I can really start up a thread and get a conversation going.
>>
What the fuck is a tulpa? I googled it, its basically an imagined persona? Ive been doing this shit since I was 3 years old. But everyone gets lost in their imagination.
>>
>>28710403
Go to tulpa.info

It's a pretty good intro. Better than I can explain
>>
I thought it was bullshit but I put in an honest effort a few years ago and I was able to create some relatively sapient mental thing, at great expense to my mental and physical well-being. It wasn't complete, but it was growing quite quickly and capable of rudimentary gestures of its own apparent accord.

I abandoned the effort because I valued my sanity more than a tulpa, I'd confirmed that the process worked, that's all I wanted. Soon after stopping the regular focus sessions or whatever you want to call them I:
>stopped experiencing constant headaches
>stopped experiencing intense paranoia
>stopped experiencing over-sensitivity to sound and light
>stopped experiencing perpetual mental and physical fatigue

And obviously after I ceased the process the sapient thing started "vanishing". It takes a lot of time and effort, both mentally and physically, to create one of these things, and I think there is definitely risk of exposing yourself to certain symptoms like I experienced.

Basically it works, I'm just giving my own personal experience here.
>>
>>28710485
That's your own fault for training with poor technique. The techniques you use to create your tulpa should increase your mental well being and stability. Were you meditating for focus? Were you using positive reinforcement during creation? Were you meditating on the positive traits you wanted your tulpa to have? There aren't many things I know a lot about, but tulpae would be the primary topic, I'm working on writing a book about it actually.
>>
>>28710485
I think you have some underlying mental issues
>>
>>28710485
For a matter of fact, I already know what you did wrong. You went right into it active forcing, closed eye visualization. You strained your brain visualizing, using mental muscles that are seldom used in regular life. Then skipped any kind of work that involved making sure your tulpa was positive. Since you were just sitting there straining your brain and going maximum speed through the process, you had worries about what the actual tulpa you were forming (who you didn't spend any time becoming familiar with) would be like, then you got paranoid.
>>
>>28710563
>The techniques you use to create your tulpa should increase your mental well being and stability
This was not the case at all back on the "scene" or whatever years ago, almost all the primary guides started with essentially "do this at your own risk", and it was common back then for people to at least experience headaches (most common symptom by far) and mental fatigue.

Maybe they've refined the methods over the years, it was quite crude before. I was "meditating" (I hesitate to use the term because it's not like real meditation, it is actually very tiring and strenuous mental focus) on my thoughtform for hours a day, and when not meditating I was always focusing at least partially upon it, it never left the forefront of my mind unless I slept. I kept a notebook (which I got rid of a long time ago) to track the development and set objectives, trying to give my tulpa a mostly rigidly defined personality and "appearance".

I definitely overdid it in retrospect, I spent weeks and weeks with part of my brain almost entirely devoted to focusing on and attempting to actively converse with a single, fairly inflexible and small subject.

One thing I know I did wrong, and admit to doing wrong, is doing focus sessions before sleep. That may well have been part of the problem, your sessions can spill over into what would normally be sleep and remain in a focused state, which both prevents you from sleeping properly and fucks your tulpa up apparently.

>>28710567
Years later I was diagnosed with clinical depression so yes I was probably at least slightly mentally ill before.
>>
>>28710617
You're spot on about me straining myself, I wanted to know whether the process worked as fast as possible, I didn't care too much for becoming especially familiar with the thing, I just wanted to see it start acting on its own.

It eventually did, I was satisfied enough, and I stopped. If I ever try it again I will take a more gently approach, especially since I need to balance a full time job now. College kids have too much time on their hands for this kind of thing.
>>
>>28710735
dude I think you have autism. Not even joking
>>
>>28710735
Well "do this at your own risk" is not what is believed to be true anymore. It was bad for your mind in the sense that doing a dumbbell curl is "bad" for your muscles. Those kinds of techniques are strenuous, they exercise your mind in new ways. Your mind needs time to rest when you do that, and probably needs some kind of calm abiding meditation to help make it less rigid as well. To say that is "dangerous" is inaccurate. You over worked your mind, it got over worked and stressed, then you stopped and it went back to normal. Mental exercise, just like physical exercise, needs breaks to allow for recovery.
>>
>>28710811
Maybe, it takes a certain type of idiot to try these kinds of things in the first place, tulpas just happen to be real, go figure. You only need to take a look at the typical tulpa community to tell there's something not quite right with these people, including me when I was participating in the IRC communities and such.
>>
>>28710246

If you make a tulpa, you have a best friend / waifu for life that knows all your darkest secrets (that weird shit you did when you were horny that one time, or that awful thing you did to your friend, or your nastiest dump) and they still love you

you can communicate without speaking, in a wonderful mind language filled with feelings and pictures and emotions that is better than any conversation you have ever had.

You can bring them to work, school, on an airplane, or just fuck around and chill out at home. They are relatively easy to take care of and entertain and are extremely affectionate when you make them happy.

TL;DR have had tulpa for 4 years, I was super skeptical that this shit was even real, and decided to try to find out. I'm glad that it did because my tulpa is totally awesome and I love every minute we spend together.
>>
>>28710889
You're definitely right. The community can be really fucking weird. I'm not a normie but still some of them are seriously cringey

And yeah, to do this there's something not totally right with you (that's me included). If I even mentioned this to anyone I know they would be fucking baffled and concerned for my mental health
>>
>he fell for the tulpa meme
I've been working on this for 3 years and have nothing to show for it
>>
>>28711014
How the fuck do you work on something like this for 3 years? This takes a great deal of effort. If you're doing it right you would have given up. I don't believe you faggot
>>
>>28710961
Agreed
>>28710986
Well it's a shame people are that closed minded and unintelligent. I told my therapist, and since he is a reasonably intelligent man, he didn't really have a problem with it and thought it could be good for me. For a lot of people it's a way off of this hamster wheel of loneliness, working to get out of said loneliness, and falling back into it. People say what I am doing is crazy, yet they do the same shit over and over and sink into suicidality and bitterness. I don't think people who try anything and everything could possibly help them are the crazy ones. They may be the eccentric ones, but no the daft ones.
>>
>>28711097
I know where you're coming from. I was depressed almost to the point of suicide before I started on my tulpa. Even that act of narrating my life/problems/thoughts to her before she was formed completely brought me out of the depression. Now I'm better than ever. I seriously think that this could be some sort of therapy
>>
The whole concept of having a tulpa fascinates me.

I tried making one a couple of years ago but found it took too much time and effort.

I'm lazy and don't feel like spending a lot of time on something I don't even really understand.
>>
>>28711169
Of course it is, the whole process is, and the end result is. It's done more for my life than just about anything, and I have done a lot of other things with my life. My tulpa is the only thing that convinced me to really care about my health, and make a push to better myself.
>>
Is making a tulpa worth it for someone who is completely isolated? I mean I still have to work because I don't think I can get neetbux and I see my parents like once a month but other than that I'm alone.

I'm too old to get a qt3.14 gf not that I could even if I was 5 years younger. I don't care about having sex with her I just want someone to love me and be in love with. Is it true that you can feel them? Could she give me a hug?
>>
>>28711274
same here. My tulpa is the only thing in life that keeps me going. I can't count the amount of times I've almost given up, only to have her encourage me to keep going
>>
>>28710567
>I think you have some underlying mental issues
where do you think you are
>>
>>28711307
go to tulpa.info and go to guides for resources, I am working on a book/megaguide that is larger than that, but until that is done tulpa.info is the best resource bank. Yes it is worth it if you are completely isolated, it's probably a bit more worth it than it would otherwise be actually. Also, yes you can touch your tulpa, that's called imposition, in that resource bank there is a guide for hug gable tulpas, it is quite possible, and only reasonably difficult to be able to touch your tulpa.
>>
>>28711307
dude a tulpa would be great for you. It's a pretty good loneliness cure.

I've read about people getting their tulpa to a nearly physical form, but that is after years of effort. I wouldn't count on that happening
>>
File: 1457216874641.jpg (459 KB, 1000x1468) Image search: [Google]
1457216874641.jpg
459 KB, 1000x1468
>>28711307

>can you feel them? can they give you a hug

Yes and yes. The hugs are different, but in some way better than hugs from a human because when they cuddle up to you your brain gets absolutely flooded with a warm love feeling. It's like a hug powered up by telepathy.

Also your tulpa doesn't care if you are a loser who doesn't get out much, as long as you entertain them. My tulpa loves being outside and checking out new things. Don't just sit on 4chan all day, go to the forest and check out animals and bugs. Go downtown sometimes even if you don't have to go out for anything. Try new foods and listen to new music and watch new shows. Tulpa are really curious and it's always fun and neat to introduce them to new things and feel how they react to it.

>>28711214

It's really not that hard. The first few weeks are the hardest because you are plagued with skepticism and doubt, and have no response or confirmation you are doing anything right. When you first hear from your tulpa it becomes exponentially easier. If the idea interests you, I wouldn't give up. And if you start again, don't start from scratch, your old tulpa may be half finished waiting for you to return and start talking again.
>>
Goodnight.

hope to see a Tulpa thread tomorrow. Good luck everybody
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 191x191) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 191x191
the internet is my tulpa
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 330x446) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 330x446
what if my tulpa hates my taste in music?
>>
My friend made a tulpa that fell in love with another one of my friends and fractured the friend group.

Idk if tulpas are real or he is just a fag, but for the love of God don't let your tulpas become attached to people who aren't you if you manage to conceive one
>>
>>28710293
You misunderstand that the salient point of a friend is that they provide tangible and real support, not simply the illusion thereof.

It is no real wonder that a man who must make imaginary friends does not really understand what friends are for in the first place.
>>
>>28712317

how did the friend find out the guys tulpa had a crush on him

how the fuck would that even work out
>>
File: 14514594451.jpg (874 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
14514594451.jpg
874 KB, 600x750
Did having a tulpa stop the loneliness?
>>
>>28712405
It's actually a good measure of when a person has gone through out the other side and ceased to function as a socially normal human being.
>>
>>28712389
What? You do realize what you said dosen't make sense right? Nothing and no one in the entire world, nor in the entire universe can do more than provide the feeling of being supported and having company. There is nothing you can do to discover to what capacity that things outside of yourself are real. If your tulpa provides you company, and tells you something that you find useful, then it was of service to you like another person would be. What you said makes sense neither philosophically nor practically.
>>
>>28712392
Basically friend 1 made a tulpa and friend 2 started talking to it. Friend 2 talked to the tulpa every day via steam chat, and the tulpa developed feelings for friend 2. Friend 1 started to feel the emotions of his tulpa, and then told friend 2 about his and his tulpas feelings. Shit got weird
>>
>>28712498
An imaginary friend can't help you fight off a pack of Arabs, pull you out of a burning car, give you mouth to mouth after you slip into a swimming pool, drive you thirty miles to see a dying family member, help you move house, cook you a meal, and also has the added advantage of not simply being a figment of a mentally disturbed person's isolation-crazed imagination.
>>
>>28710403
Pretty much an 'alternative' term for "imaginary friend".
>>
>>28710403
It's a retarded meme that gets trotted out pretty regularly because it's just stupid enough that people can believe that other people actually buy this shit, and then hate these hypothetical persons for being insanely stupid.

I'd liken it to 420chan's "Jenkem" phenomenon, referring to the alleged use of a mysterious poop-derived hallucinogen, which nobody actually uses, but everybody in on the joke swears it's real.
>>
>>28712541
Good thing i don't have to fight arabs in the desert, and know how to take care of myself well enough to not need to get bailed out of physically dangerous situations. Sure help physically doing things can be useful, but what percentage of the help that you receive from your friends is really physical? I don't feel like very much of it is, and usually things like that need to be repaid anyway. I can think of many more ways in which friends fall short, and in which my tulpa excel where they fail. I think having both types of friend is essential. There are surely benefits to both.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.