[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About to go on meds for anxiety and depression. Kind of scared
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
About to go on meds for anxiety and depression.

Kind of scared to do it, guys. It is the mentality I have carried for my entire life. It is the only thing that has ever fueled my creativity? Am I going to become boring if I go on meds?
>>
Accidentally put a question mark in my third sentence. Meant to use a period.
>>
die retardo
>>
>>28710046
Don't do it until you've exhausted the other options.

How late do you stay up at night?
>>
File: mcfucking.jpg (46 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
mcfucking.jpg
46 KB, 1024x768
>>28710099
Good job contributing to the conversation friendo!
>>
>>28710124
I tried therapy, tried coping on my own, tried booze and weed. I feel like all I got left is meds to try.

I stay up until 1 or 2 AM usually.
>>
Why are you depressed?
Does your life have semblance and content?
How old are you?

I generally have had awful experience with antidepressants and would definitely NOT recommend them based on circumstances. If you're depressed because you feel like life is meaningless, you're going through a tough time in life, you're going through an angsty teen phase etcetera, then you should never be taking antidepressants.

The only time it's warranted when you have a legitimate chemical imbalance which for no reason at all, randomly turns you into a mess.
>>
>>28710178
Mostly want to get on for my anxiety. I usually can cope with depression but my panic attacks are starting to control my life.
>>
>>28710203
I don't much experience with anxiety medication. At best I can suggest you to work on the things that make you anxious so you can turn those things into positive traits to take pride in, but take it with a grain of salt because I never had any really bad anxiety.
>>
File: help.jpg (91 KB, 577x537) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
91 KB, 577x537
>>28710251
I get straight up panic attacks multiple times a day. I hear Prozac works wonders on it when coupled with Xanax. Which is what I want to try.
>>
>>28710296
That sounds severe enough where medication might indeed be due.
>>
>>28710046
I no longer want to die b/c of Zoloft.

The only thing is that Zoloft either works or it doesn't.
>>
>>28710413
I hear that is how all these meds seem to work like.
>>
>>28710142
Get up early. 8 am. And spend your day outside or indoors with direct sunlight illuminating the room.

There is evidence simply changing your sleeping pattern will significantly reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression because of the presence of sunlight.

This has no harmful side effects, so you have nothing to lose by trying it. And potentially everything to gain.
>>
>>28710480
>humans are plants
wrong again retardicus
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.