[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
life and death
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7
File: 1435939151614.jpg (15 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
1435939151614.jpg
15 KB, 500x354
Attention everyone, I have just discovered the secret of life, death and consciousness.
When you die with your current consciousness then that is it. You will no longer be who you currently are ever again. However that does not mean you will never experience life again.

The universe is infinite in time and space. Given an infinite amount of time you will exist again but under a different set of genetic circumstances.
You will be alive but you will be a completely different person. You will have no recollection of your previous existence. You will have an entirely new consciousness and personality. Also wherever there is life, there is a chance you will experience it there. This could be different planet or galaxy.
So do not be afraid of death because it is not the end of existence.
>>
>>28708784
You probably thought you were so smart writing this post but it's just wannabe philosopher bullshit.

>I HAVE DA SECRET 2 LIFE GUIS
You are just embarrassing yourself OP...

Honestly such a dumb post, also
>So do not be afraid of death because it is not the end of existence

When I die I want to be gone for good OP, soul completely erased (If souls exist)
>>
There is a chance that a sufficiently advanced group of sentients in the future will piece together my consciousness thus bringing me back to life.
My consciousness could also reoccur in a simulation.
Death is just going to sleep for a long time, possibly forever.
Not that it matters.
>>
File: Write_Funny_Stories_Step_10.jpg (541 KB, 3344x2500) Image search: [Google]
Write_Funny_Stories_Step_10.jpg
541 KB, 3344x2500
>>28708784
Not an argument.

>You will have an entirely new consciousness and personality.

Then that wouldn't be me you fucking spaz. Stop with the pop-philosophy.
>>
>>28708784
Congratulations, you "discovered" reincarnation.

Not only is this already a proposed idea, there's still no proof for it.
>>
What is it like to go to sleep and never wake up?

What is it like to wake up having never gone to sleep?

What OP is saying is not secret-rather, it *shouldn't* be a secret. It only is because of your social conditioning.

You are conditioned to believe that "you" are something inside of your head, right behind your eyes. An essence, a soul, something ineffable and immutable that transcends to some sort of afterlife where "the real deal begins" when you die.

Why even have this bullshit at all if when you die once (like after 80 years, and if you're an ant like a week) you then get to the "real thing" that lasts eternity. What? Why?

Why should your death be any different from the death of a kangaroo? A snail? A bumblebee? A dog? What happened when your dog died? Did it go to doggy heaven? No, you buried it and it decomposed. That's physically what happened.

This is sort of the secret to life, but at the same time it makes no sense why it's a secret at all. It's why I am a staunch advocate of suicide: life is supposed to be fun (within reason, of course). If it isn't (and won't for the foreseeable future), kill yourself immediately.
>>
>>28708784
kek you really triggered all these autistic cucks
>>
File: images(3).jpg (6 KB, 197x256) Image search: [Google]
images(3).jpg
6 KB, 197x256
You kind of forgot that life is inherently negative and no one should ever strive to be born again...
>>
File: 1463777545211.jpg (101 KB, 1024x904) Image search: [Google]
1463777545211.jpg
101 KB, 1024x904
>>28708784

You can get a more accurate view of the meaning of life by licking my taint you faggot
>>
File: isy.gif (1021 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
isy.gif
1021 KB, 500x281
>you will be you but you won't be you
if nothing of who you once were remains, no memory, spark of personality or interests, then it can't be classified as you.
>>
>>28710503
>not understanding the cleft between the ego and the eco

You weren't "dropped" into existence, on Earth. You came from it and are constantly interacting with everything around you to sustain yourself. Even the atoms that comprise the neural networks that serve as your memories are constantly being swapped out, traded for identical but new atoms. You aren't a solid, unchanging thing. You are liquid form that needs everything else to function. Try avoiding food for a work and you'll see what I mean first hand.

Yeah, sure, when you die your memories, personality, everything is obliterated because your brain literally stops working. You return fully to the ecosystem, but you come out of it again in a conscious form just like how you were born.

If the Earth suddenly exploded the moment you died (just for the sake of argument) then the interstice between your current consciousness (Anon) and your next consciousness that arises on a new planet/celestial body capable of supporting conscious life is effectively reduced to zero time and occurs instantaneously because you cannot experience inexperience. You can't see without eyes, you cannot hear without the sensory instruments necessary for interpreting sound waves, you can't think without a brain, etc.
>>
>>28710683
>you return fully to the ecosystem

I should clarify that you are always in a state of being recycled, similar to the undulations of waves in an ocean. Sure, waves have their own shape, size, breadth; but once they come crashing down they don't really go anywhere because they were always a part of the ocean in the first place.

You are a necessary reaction that has resulted from 3 billion years of evolution on this planet. It's nothing personal. You are just playing a game that you made (inadvertently, for the most part) with yourself on this planet.
>>
None of you exist outside of my mind. This whole life is just some kind of bad dream. Going to wake up now and all will be as it should. It's been a fun ride.
>>
>>28710438
On this planet life is pretty miserable, I will agree.

What to do though? A valid option is to keep killing yourself until you end up as the scion to a wealthy family or something, live out your entire life, and then repeat the process until you get another desirable form.

The problem with that, of course, is that you're entirely new every time to the degree that absolutely no scrap of your previous ego is transferred to your new form. It's probably most precise to refer to your "next" form (when you die) as "the" form because there is no persistent "you" (the ego you) that transfers between forms. For example, you cannot say you were a lion in your previous life because first of all there would be no way of knowing, and second of all there is no "linear path" that you follow through your many reincarnations. "Reincarnation" becomes a misnomer in this case because it implies that a part of you carries over into "your" next seat of consciousness. No, it's just completely, utterly fucking new every single time.

So basically, this "reroll" thing only works on this planet if 1) You're human (I doubt other organisms on this planet can come to this level of understanding) 2) You have realized your true self.

Those two things occurring simultaneously, in our society, is EXTREMELY rare. So much so that I only think a handful of people throughout all of human history have deliberately ended their life because they knew that there is a chance "they" will become a chad/royal heir/incredibly talented human being/content koala, or what have you in the next life.
>>
File: 1456361938842.jpg (187 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1456361938842.jpg
187 KB, 1000x1000
>>28708874
fucking keke ur so right
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.