[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MENTAL CRISIS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 1444708100951.jpg (20 KB, 249x249) Image search: [Google]
1444708100951.jpg
20 KB, 249x249
The net energy in the universe is zero. This doesn't mean we don't exist, obviously, because zero can be reached through the addition of an equal negative and positive number (1 + -1 = 0)

So we can essentially assume that the universe exists as a separation of the negative and positive energy which total to zero.

In that case I have some serious questions that is keeping me awake at night:
If this is the case and our universe exists only in a separation of negative and positive energy, why does the universe continue to expand? Why does the universe expand at all? Why are the negative and positive not attracted to one another, but are instead repelled? Why is the universe going to end in heat death? That would imply that the energy would never be reconciled, negative doesn't cancel positive, 1 + -1 != 0. This is enraging me, the universe SHOULD either contract or never expand, NOT expand infinitely. It makes no fucking sense at all, as if you were to throw a ball into the air and watch it just float away forever, the ball needs to come down, or the ball needs to have not moved at all.

Maybe I'm completely oversimplifying this, but it's driving me fucking insane. If this one question could be answered I could understand how we exist, this one stupid fucking factoid that the universe is expanding infinitely is haunting me, it makes no sense in any context.
>>
>>28706945
isnt there a theory that at a certain point the universe retracts and another big bang happens

im retarded btw
>>
File: 1445894095932.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1445894095932.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
I think I figured it out.

Whenever I hear stupid physicists talk about the big bang they describe the universe as existing "small" at first and then growing, but that is WRONG, COMPLETELY WRONG. The universe was never "small" like a quarter or something the universe was a consistent "size" all along it was only a different "intensity", it's a matter of DEGREE NOT SIZE, the universe IS retracting but this is seen as an expanding by IDIOTS who think that a "lack" of energy is UNNATURAL in the universe.

Basically forget the notion of the "size" of the universe at all, in the beginning, there were two massive degrees of positive and negative energy seen as the "big bang", essentially "positive infinity" + "negative infinity" = 0, but then as the forces "even out" the numbers lessen on each side until we get lower and lower; 3 + -3, 2 + -2, 1 + -1, then finally at the ultimate heat death of the universe there is the ultimate true zero, every lost negative has found its lost positive, and all activity (which exists solely in the difference between the positive and the negative) ceases.

I've figured it out holy shit, my mind is at such ease, this has been bothering me for so fucking long. I was thinking backwards.
>>
>>28706945
it's called momentum op

there will be a time when the momentum from the big bang "runs out" and stuff will start to attract itself again and the universe will be reborn

simple momentum is also the basis for entropy and every single law of thermodynamics
>>
>>28706945
For some reason there is more matter in the universe than antimatter.

http://particleadventure.org/antimatter.html

If you could figure out why, you'd probably win a nobel prize or something.
>>
File: 1463543215040.jpg (27 KB, 604x472) Image search: [Google]
1463543215040.jpg
27 KB, 604x472
Caring about the Universe is for NORMIES.

GET OUT
>>
>>28706945
What the fuck made you think that the net energy in the Universe is zero, and there is a huge amount of energy that cannot be destroyed
>>
>>28706945
>>28707209
oh look, its this autist kinda autist again.
>>
>>28707209
Energy can not be lost or gained faggot
>>
You're retarded. You're making assumptions you have no basis to believe. The net energy of the universe is not zero

I have an Mphys is Physics with Astrophysics. AMA
>>
>>28707299
i think thats a known fact, not autist ramblery. google it.
>>
>>28707241
No it won't retract again, our universe isn't like a bouncing ball thrown into the air. It's two massive (infinite?), equal negative and positive forces, separated by space, all "colliding" and evening out into nothing. The big bang is the stage in which the positive and negative are at their greatest degree, and the heat death is when they are at their smallest degree.
>>
>>28707322
>The net energy of the universe is not zero
Why does literally everything suggest otherwise?
>>
>>28707209
>>28706945
I was a 16 year-old in physics class once too
>>
>>28707334
You are a retard. What are you basing any of this on? What is negative energy?
>>
>>28707367
I know this is bait. But the zero energy umiverse idea came about in the early 20th century before we knew very much about dark energy (dark energy =/= negative energy) its generally accepted as debunked, since there's no supporting evidence for the theory.
>>
>>28707417
Whatever it is that nullifies positive energy.
>>
>>28707334
If dark energy continues to act the way we believe it does, then the universe will continue to expand until it reaches an expansion rate that is so fast, that elementary particles cannot communicate with each other, since they are limited to the speed of light. This will mean that the universe will consist of elementary particles that can mever interact with each other as they do now.

It's called the big rip, you can look it up for a better explanation.
>>
>>28707334
>negative and positive forces

the sum of everything does not equal 0 you dumb retarded piece of nigger cum shit
>>
>>28707513
Why do you have to be so mad?
>>
>>28706992
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Crunch
>>
It's expanding because our Universe itself is antithesis to anti-Universe who shrinks indefinitely.

Together they make 0.

Also, scientist say a lot of shit, it doesn't make it right. (like crunching)
>>
>>28706945
I had a mental breakdown too. Ever hear of spacetime? Space and time were proved to be one in continuum by Einstein. This basically means that time expands and contracts as spacetime expands and contracts. When the Big Bang happened, the universe started expanding, which means that with that expansion time slowed. A group of scientists ran a simulation on a supercomputer that if you were to look outside of the universe inwards where time wasn't warped you would see unwarped time. It was calculated that the time since the universe was created without this time warping through spacetime expansion, was exactly 6 days and 7 seconds. This goes with the creation theory and makes me question religion.
>>
>>28707281
>normies give a fuck about the universe
lolno
>>
>>28707637
Doesn't sounds like much of a god if he's off by 7 seconds. Also, where is your source?
>>
>>28707477
>Whatever it is that nullifies positive energy
/r9k/?
>>
>>28707241
Except that the universe's expansion is accelerating for reasons we are unsure of
>>
>>28707681
Physics prof. Had a lesson about it

And the 7 seconds might be the 3000 years since it was written down.

Either way it seems plausible but I wouldn't take it as fact
>>
File: darksign.jpg (122 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
darksign.jpg
122 KB, 1920x1080
OUR universe is just going to keep expanding and expanding until its completely dispersed and there is only darkness. no more stars, no more solid matter. Black holes every where. Then eventually after a very, very long time the black holes will evaporate and there will be only particles bouncing around but probably too far apart to interact with eachother. Eventually everything will be completely still and time will be frozen.

All flames must fade, but eventually embers come about again.
>>
>>28707637

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6rVHr6OwjI

got this stuck in my head now
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.