[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smartphones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: smartphone_1.jpg (306 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
smartphone_1.jpg
306 KB, 2560x1536
How many of you actual robots own smartphones, and if you do, do you use it a lot? I assume that many of you who were already robots by 2012-2013 never really bothered with them, considering they're a pretty normie tool to start with.

I never owned any until february of this year when I got a mid-range one and still only rarely use it since I don't tend to leave the house much and don't have a proper data plan. When I do have to use it, it's as a backup tool for when my computer dies, the power goes out, or to use any of the offline maps when I have to go out.
>>
I spend so much time in front of screens that I manage to use my desktop computer, my tablet, my phone, and my laptop every day, even if I'm at home.
>>
>>28706849

I have a 0.1G that works on fucking pedals and steam.
>>
Also, I use my phone to make me look less pathetic when I'm alone outside
>>
Bought one during January, didn't really start using it til I got my license.
>>
I've been lurking /spg/ on /g/ but I'm having a hard time deciding which to get. Looking at cheap midrange ones.

Obviously they are normalfag as fuck before anyone mentions but it's nice to have.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 644x535) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 644x535
>>28706849
>year Jesus was born + 2016
>not using smoke signals
Stay cucked faggot
>>
>>28706849
>they're a pretty normie tool
normies don't think of their smartphones as "tools", to them they're validation-dispensing skinner boxes
>>
>>28706849
same as you OP , but i have mine longer but dont do any stuff with it . not like how normies use it . mine is minimalistic in apps.
>>
>>28706849
Everyone has an iPhone thanks Steve Jobs deal with it
>>
>>28706964
get a Oneplus Two, I've got one and it's great. Plus it's cheap.
>>
>had an android since 2013
>only tied a google account to it last week for skype
bots gonna bot, mang
>>
reporting in, i use mine for when i'm in bed or bathroom. i mostly play games on it.
>>
File: 1463613686640.png (112 KB, 593x107) Image search: [Google]
1463613686640.png
112 KB, 593x107
I had several phones throughout the years, first one was a Samsung Phone back in 2009, the s5600 I believe, after wards in 2010, got myself an LG phone on Android, didn't like it.

I went phoneless since then because I thought all phones were useless until 2014 where I received an iPhone 4S for free because my boss wanted me to be able to reach easier, so I thought I might as well stick with it. Got fed up of it late 2015, looked for some phones, saved up for an LG G4 which I purchased in April on the 5th, bootlooped on the 27th, sent it back.

I recently got myself a Sony Z3+. So far, pretty decent phone, gets hot but I don't really care about that at all. I can play my games just fine. Better than my iPhone for sure.
>>
>>28706849
I use a Samsung Galaxy s2. I don't use much apps, but it's nice to be able to take pictures, and I can also use it for browsing internet, which is nice. I get 250 mb/month now, recently changed.
Not a lot, but enough to check facebook, reddit and news as long as I don't do it constantly.

I think the new samsung looks really nice, and the camera sounds great, but I'll probably wait at least until next year before I upgrade. And I don't need that much power, but something with a bigger screen and better camera would be nice, and only slightly more powerful
>>
>>28706849

Never cared for owning smart phones, tablets, iphones, mobile devices, etc.

It's really just another way for companies to charge you for something as simple as talking. Even better you can already do most of the features on there for practically free.

>>28706932

I just read a book but still I get weird looks for even taking one outside instead of a phone, irony is no one would bat an eye if I was using an e-reader.
>>
I got a OnePlus One and use it daily, in fact I'm writing this on my phone right now.
>>
What's the worst thing to happen between you and someone with a smart phone?
>>
I was an early adopter, Android since 2009. Much of the things I need to do in my daily life require a smart phone. I always buy ones that are like 2 years behind though. Just bought a brand new Samsung Galaxy S5 off ebay.

If you buy new ones on contract instead of using an MVNO you're getting cucked.
>>
>>28709978
I want to add, back in the early days when I bought new phones they were huge upgrades. I went from the HTC mytouch 3g to the samsung epic 4g. Was a big difference.

After that I had the HTC G2 for a couple years. Lost it, got some Korea only LG then went to LG G2 for a year and a half. Only reason I got a new one was because of dead spots on my screen. I used it for the longest time despite that.

At this point the hardware is good enough even at that generation, the LG G5 is out but the G2 is still a great phone that can do everything most people would need to do. If you upgrade every year you're getting screwed.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.