[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any actual wizards/witches here? I want to get into sorcery.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: 139034830343.jpg (50 KB, 435x571) Image search: [Google]
139034830343.jpg
50 KB, 435x571
Any actual wizards/witches here? I want to get into sorcery. I'll ask /x/ too but I wanted to know if there are any of you on my home board.
>>
Yes

What are your goals as an occultist?
>>
>>28706685
years of experience, can tell you that masons give wrong symbolism while the real symbolic meanings are in the bible. If you are practicing satanism you must KNOW what is true and what is not true/perverted meanings
>>
>>28706685
I was always kinda interested in this too, but half the time i feel like /x/ is just dicking around

My knowledge of the paranormal doesnt go any further than the few times i've fucked with a ouija board and the couple demonology books i've read a few months ago.

I see it posted all the time, so it must have a tad bit of real-world basis.

Wish I could help you more, OP. Monitoring this thread for possible info dumps.
>>
>>28706700
Not OP, but i'd like to know how to shoot fireballs from my hands.

Or my cock...
>>
Will power + a plan. like when i wanted hurricane sandy i just kinda summoned it with the holy spirit and will power.
>>
>>28706685
Why enjoy the past time of overweight feminist wiccans and 12 year old gothic children when you could learn chemistry and science? Do you honestly think you'll ever be able to shoot lightning from your fingers? Even everything that supposed "true wiccans" do can be attributed to chance. Call me a fedora-lord, but let's face it, magic is more than likely bullshit. Learn something REAL! Study science, that is the true magic anon.
>>
>>28706700
I'm not sure at this point but I know I would like to be able manipulate my surroundings; helping my garden grow for example. Not interested in extremities like hurricanes like anon mentioned.
>>
File: theoccultist.png (242 KB, 459x559) Image search: [Google]
theoccultist.png
242 KB, 459x559
Yep, here I am casting a vulnerability hex.
>>
>>28706899
Not the anon you answered to but I used to be big into occult stuff.

First and most important step to get into "magic" is meditation.

You need to be able to clear your mind of all distractions in order to become more perceptive of the world around you.

When you see mentalists who look like they're reading minds and predicting the future, they're mostly just very perceptive people who knows how to correctly read a person's demeanor so that's what you should be looking for
>>
File: Pentagram_(Levi).jpg (61 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
Pentagram_(Levi).jpg
61 KB, 612x612
I've read about a dozen grimoires, books on chaos magic, Eliphas Levi, Cornelius Agrippa, Paracelsus, Manly P. Hall, Aleister Crowly, Julius Evola, Iamblichus, and dozens of ancient religious texts.

I learned a lot about metaphysics and epistemology, but I also learned that majyck or whatever the fuck they call it now is mostly bullshit. I'd believe maybe a sadhu training for 60 years in an isolated mountain range can float off the ground if I saw it, sure. But jerking off onto sigils, calling to Astaroth on a blood moon, and learning your future with Tarot cards is pure quackery.

Do whatever you want, but I recommend you skip Crowley (unless you just like his poetry, which I do), Hall, Levi, and like authors. Grimoires are just plain fun to read and I still love reading them even if I don't believe it. Same can be said for Agrippa and Paracelsus. Evola is interesting, and it's good to challenge your own world-view which he does excellently. Religious and philosophical texts are really where it's at. Check out Lao Tzu and the Bhagivad Gita, the Qur'an and Bible etc.

There are people who dedicate their lives to magic, spend lots of money and weird equipment and give it to organizations like the Ordo Templi Orientis, and they get nothing but delusions and obscure symbols in return. I came dangerously close to being one of them, and I'm glad I didn't.

There's a lot of unexplained stuff in this world, I've seen a bit of it. I would go as far to say that the world itself is inexplicable and incomprehensible. Some people explain it with voodoo nonsense, but it's usually just a phase.

Try meditation, and ignore Buddhist/Hindu crap about enlightenment and moksa. Just live the best life you can live, IN THIS LIFE. Beware of that world-weary gnostic schizophrenic incoherence that permeates religion and occultism.
>>
>>28706899
If you've got a garden you could look into old pagan herbal medicine.

Most of it is just homemade drugs with various effects but they could be useful and might save you a lot of money
>>
>>28706685
/x/ is also my main board, but as far as labeling myself as an actual witch goes, I'd consider my actual experience with sorcery too rudimentary to do so.
But it's nice knowing there's x-philes here, since I thought these two boards were opposites on the autism spectrum.
>>
>>28706685
Enjoy your doom:

http://www.hermetics.org/pdf/grimoire/goetia.pdf
>>
>>28706685
Chaos Magician here. I can answer any related questions.
>>
File: image.png (915 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
915 KB, 1136x640
>>28706805
As someone whose been on /x/ since like late 08 I'm gonna tell you it's dicking around like 95% of the time

Worth it though
>>
>>28707288
Pls share some weird stories, Wizard King
>>
Unintentionally Idk how it works. I managed to manifest a cigarette last night. Little things, quarters appearing on the ground, lighters, stuff like that.
>>
>>28707753
Nah, I think those two boards are both sides of the same coin. I also visit both because they complete each others so well.
>>
>>28707288
>>28706899
>>28706700
>>28707933
>>28708000
Kek has blessed this thread. Truly, 'tis a blessed thread.

Sorry for the slow response OP, I had to put my spawn to sleep

I suggest you start with Prometheus Rising by R.A.W. You can find a PDF with a quick Google search. The end is shit, but the rest is top tier. It will give you an idea of what is and is not possible with magic, and how to achieve it.
>>
>>28708374
>actual mumbo jumbo magic
Did you guys ever actually achieved anything with any of this stuff beside having "spiritual experiences" from drugs and lucid dreams?
>>
File: 1463613747096.jpg (829 KB, 1840x2771) Image search: [Google]
1463613747096.jpg
829 KB, 1840x2771
larp
>>
I'm not a self proclaimed wizard but I honestly believe I have a considerable amount of control over my surroundings. I often think things and they happen.
Not sure if I'm psychotic or this is just how this world works and most people's minds are so cluttered and distracted they lose all grasp on their own power.
>>
>>28708374
Terrible choice. Thoth would be disappointed, child.
>>
File: despook yourself.jpg (42 KB, 542x535) Image search: [Google]
despook yourself.jpg
42 KB, 542x535
Don't listen to these spooked up motherfuckers.
>>
File: old hag.jpg (98 KB, 720x600) Image search: [Google]
old hag.jpg
98 KB, 720x600
>>28708000
>I tried Goetia a dozen or so times, I would sweat heavily, get chills at the same time and feel nervous but nothing genuinely paranormal happened.

>I have a skrying mirror I've made, and if I stare into it long enough my face disappears and sometimes a new one appears.

>Once I woke up in the night because my lamp was on, and a shadowy figure was kneeling next to my bed like pick related, but it had messy dishevelled hair. This can be explained as a hallucination. Was not sleep paralysis because I could move.

Magic is pretty much just making yourself hallucinate and then convincing yourself it's real. In a way, it is real. Crowley writes that in his edition of the Goetia. I've done lots of drugs too, so I know the mind can be altered until you don't know up from down. I don't think it's that much different from Pentacostal Christians rolling around on the floor speaking tongues.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.