[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long do you think you could keep a facade up? Could you take
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: statue face.jpg (16 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
statue face.jpg
16 KB, 260x260
How long do you think you could keep a facade up? Could you take up the identity of a successful normal person, and start introducing yourself to people (especially girls) as that new person?

Has anyone tried this?
>>
>>28705735
I dont think I could keep my autism hidden for a very long time.
>>
>>28705801
You don't have to. Consider the following identity:
>You are a successful med student who is slightly autistic and weird, but you have friends that you play indoor soccer with on every weekend, and your girlfriend is really into anime. You don't like to go clubbing, but you friend works as a promoter in a club so you get invited out with him and the rest of your buddies.

There. I just made an identity for you where slipping up and getting a bit autistic doesn't hinder anything. Think you could pull off something like this?
>>
>>28705841
If I start lying to normies about how I have a girlfriend and how Im studying medicine then the lies will just get me back eventually.
>>
>>28705949
Yes, eventually they will. The goal is to always cut them out of your life right before they get close to finding out the truth about you.

Then you start over with other people. And then you do the same. Then you start over with new people, and so on.
>>
>>28706024
What purpose would that have though? I would never be able to form any meaningful relationships with anyone.
>>
>>28705735

I basically consider myself an actor whenever I venture into the real world. I had an interview at an investment bank a couple of months ago, I didn't get the job - I was like a fucking showman while I was there though. It literally felt like putting on a performance of normality.

Tfw the job could have maybe saved me from robothood and some other bastard got it
>>
>>28706093
Opposed to all the meaningful relationships that you have now?
>>
>>28706492
not OP but damn this hit hard... Is this what all normies do? Is that why they have a ton of social media friends they never talk to?
>>
>>28706492
Ok, so I would be more social and actually talk to people but deep inside I would still be lonely. Doesnt really make much of a difference imo.
>>
>>28705735
Gets results, but doesn't cure the internal battles.
>>
>>28705735
I think I'd be able to but I simply have no motivation or don't feel the need to pull it off.

To be honest, it'd get tiring after a while and I hate being around a group of people for too long.
>>
>>28706560
Yes.

Being social isn't about being social anymore.

It's about getting those microhits of dopamine from likes and follow.
>>
At my job I lasted about a month before they knew I was a sperg. The few times I went out to bars, within 30 seconds of talking to girls it was known.
>>
File: 1333505751767.jpg (105 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1333505751767.jpg
105 KB, 400x400
>>28705735
I can fool old people very easily, but the twenty year olds who are my age see right through me.

I cannot make friends with anyone because everyone hates me for being awkward/shy/and not reading into social cues very easily. I get called creepy or weird alot behind my back so i interact with everyone as little as possible and just stay indoors most of the time. It doesn't help that I'm repressing my intense feelings of hatred and envy for everyone around me every-time I interact with someone. Being neglected/ignored/bullied/and shunned by your peers for most of your life tends to breed a deep sense of misanthropy.
>>
>>28705735
I can't put on a facade of being normal and pull it off. Everybody who spends any time with me notices almost immediately that I'm different. My best bet in life has just been to be sincere and try my best and hope that people are okay with me being how I am and that they value what I think.

>>28705801
Same. Considering that I was probably the last person in my life to know, I'm in no position to hide it.

>>28705949
>>28705841
>>28706024
Better yet, you could actually be successful and likeable. That'd eliminate the problem of lying.
>>
>>28707384
>I can't put on a facade of being normal and pull it off. Everybody who spends any time with me notices almost immediately that I'm different.
Yep, this. Normies can tell instantly when I'm lying or not beeing myself. They see straight through any act I put on.
>>
>>28705735
I lasted a day
>>
Yes, every adult does this every day as a normal part of socialization.

Always default to a socially acceptable position and learn others comfort zones from there.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.