[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you fags start playing RPGs to meet new people?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2
Why don't you fags start playing RPGs to meet new people? They are very accepting of autists, most of them are autistics themselves. RPGs are a fun escapist hobby and in my opinion they are more rewarding than vidya. Why don't you give them a shot? You can just show up at a local game store on certain nights and play D&D. They are very friendly and if you are shy they don't give a fuck because half of them are shy too.
>>
>>28704387
I don't want to meet people, especially not those people
>>
the last time I played D&D the people ree'd me out of the group and killed my character because they thought I sucked at the RP aspect
>>
>>28704387
>tfw live in the middle of no where with no game shops
>>
>>28704430

Why did you get Reee'd out?
>>
Ok, where are they?
If you live in a small town this shit is unheard of.

And even if you manage to find a group like that chances are they've known one another since childhood and are very unwelcoming to new people.
>>
>>28704387
Something is not always better than nothing.
>>
I live in the middle of no where, there is no "local game store". I can find groups on Craigslist and stuff but they're too far away to be worthwhile.
I don't like RPGs. I prefer regular card and board games. But there aren't any groups within 60 miles of me.
>>
>>28704465

You could meet qts. There are qts at the store I go to.
>>
>>28704444
I said it
I sucked at the RP aspect, I didn't know what to do when the party was doing the in-town and in-story interactions
they thought I was dragging them down for it and killed my character in the story and told me to beat it
>>
Agreed. An RPG club is how I first learned to actually make friends and stopped being a KHV.
>>
>>28704387
>tfw go to local game shop
>find group
>introduce yourself
>has to introduce gender pronouns

No.
>>
i hate all these threads like "why don't you guys..."
because i like where i fucking am, that's why
>>
>>28704503

They sound like cunts

>>28704516

Most RPG players don't care about that shit
>>
>>28704516
a prime example of the growing trend of feminization of male spaces
>>
>>28704496
>qts
>in a LFGS

HA. HA HA. HA HA HA. No.
>>
>>28704387
this shit is awful. I wouldn't ever want to hang around people like me again. It's just references to video games, constant autistic interruptions, and the putrid stink of body odor and stale mcnuggets.

Don't play this shit, not even with friends you already know.
>>
>>28704568

There were two legit 6/10 qts in the Dungeons and Dragons encounters I went to. I've also seen them in FLGSs all over America when I've traveled. They are rare but they exist.
>>
I really want to but I literally have no idea how to play and would need someone to teach me. I've tried watching tutorials but there is so much information that I get confused. Im also very shy until I get to know someone so im afraid of not fitting in. Do they have any all girl groups? Whats the best way to start? Just checking out a local game shop? I've really been wanting to play d&d for a while now since I dont go out to bars or anything. Ive been looking for something social and clean fun. If you have any advice I would love to hear it.
>>
>Why don't you [insert dumb random idea that has zero basis in reality since OP is a fucking idiot] thread #34,675,098
>>
>>28704594
>two

Oh that really inspires confidence. The only qts I've ever seen in a game store were borderline or had some other sort of massive mental issues.
>>
>>28704579
Oh god, Pax was the only game related event I ever went to and the stench... holy fuck. Never again.
>>
i went to my local comic book store and there were tables of nerds sitting around playing yu gioh and magic the gathering. lol ive never seen such hopeless group of autists in my life. there was some obese black kid with a dragonball z shirt and a karate kid bandana thing tied around his head, yelling at someone because he chose to play a certain card over another. it was like a life or death situation.
>>
>>28704620

So? You still might be able to fuck them.

>>28704613

It literally has a ton of basis in reality, but fine sit inside jacking off all day. RPGs helped me actually get outside and meet a couple of other humans.
>>
>>28704638
I don't want casual sex with a broken human being you fuckwit.
>>
>>28704603

Probably not any all girl groups but if you look at the website for your FLGS they should have a D&D encounters group on Wednesday nights. Literally show up they will teach you how to play. It's not hard, they'll even set you up with a premade character if you want.
>>
>>28704387
>tfw know of several game shops and they look fun but I'm a crypto robot and they wouldn't be accepting of my kind most likely
>>
I only play single player RPGs. MMOs suck. Endless grinding and boring fetchquests. People tend to say that it gets fun at level x, because then you can raid or whatever. So, I have to spend weeks/months to level up my character before the game stops sucking? No thanks.

Single player RPGs tend to have far better storylines, more complex gameplay and no lag.
>>
>>28704603
The groups I've played in aren't averse to teaching new players. It's honestly not that hard, just write down what dice to roll for what and the rest comes naturally as you go. The GM can worry about the details. In my experience, the hardest part isn't the rules, it's opening yourself up to roleplaying and having a memorable character. It's easy to ask if a certain group is willing to take on inexperienced players.
>>
>>28704638
Yeah it has much basis in reality as lifting for girls. Protip: this shit never works except in extremely rare cases.
>>
If you're going to go to a local game store for any reason:

(1) Practice basic hygiene for the love of god.
(2) Get used to the smell of others that don't.
>>
>>28704725

I hid inside all day until my friend invited me to play D&D and I accepted.

They became my best friends and helped me get my first job where i met another D&D fag and we play together as well.

I also might have a chance with qts soon. It has been building my confidence from fuck-all to slightly above fuck all

You don't ahve to give it a shot, it's just a suggestion.
>>
I already play them and RPG players are the worst people on the planet.

They're either reddity as Hell or die-hard progressives. I literally only play with my likeminded friends and struggle finding new players because their personalities are all garbage. Their autism in this case is NOT an endearing or relateable kind of autism. The women are probably the worst.

A lot of them can't roleplay for shit, either. I've met people that have played for over 10 years that do the bare minimum required to be considered a player in a "roleplaying" game.
>>
>>28704629
I love playing card games and stuff, but it's not worth going to my filthy LGS. People think that just because they aren't looking to attract the opposite sex and they're around friends that they can skip hygiene that day. It's absolutely fucking rank. You are around other people so you need to cap the fucking autism for a few hours.
>>
>>28704387
>most of them are autistics themselves

This is why I don't want to go to my local game store.
>>
Give an autist a modicum of power, like say a DM position, and you will soon see why no one wants to be around them
>>
>>28704779
>suggestion
A shitty one like all the other threads that begin with:
>Why don't you guys...
>>
>>28704825
I learned a new word today. Thanks anon.
Also you're 100% correct.
>>
File: 1356565923725.jpg (305 KB, 1356x975) Image search: [Google]
1356565923725.jpg
305 KB, 1356x975
>>28704387
You aren't a robot if you can successfully interact and integrate yourself into any social group.
>>
>>28704792

Just play D&D encounters, no one gives a fuck about really deep roleplaying, it's mostly just having fun and going through the encounters.

How are the women the worst? Honestly curious. The ones at my store are fine, but obvious YMMV
>>
>>28704844

Cool. Go back to wallowing in your shithole then. The suggestion clearly doesn't apply to you. You answered the question.
>>
>>28704913
They know they're surrounded by horny losers with low standards, and will milk it for all they can. There is a lot of truth in the "fake game girl" meme after all (plz donate to my patreon is u liek this post!!!)
>>
>not having a FLGS where the owner has OCD clean freak and will highly recommend sticks of free deodorant to those in need, or kick them out.

its very nice.
>>
>>28704516
ITT people who would rather be KHV than let anyone know their pronouns
>>
>>28704979

How so? Do they get money out of them?
>>
>>28705132
Instead of being an average, invisible girl in the world you get to automatically have everyone like or be intimidated by you. It's a superiority/attention thing.

I can attest to its reality, at least at the place I used to go to.
>>
>>28705210

Do they get fucekd by the FLGS guys or do they just use them for attention / favors?
>>
>implying they aren't normies too
>>
>>28705236
In my experience it was for attention/favors.

"oh you're going out for food. Do you mind bringing me some fries? (:"

"Can I have a piece of your candy bar?"

"I wish I could join you guys in this draft but I'm a few bucks short in store credit. Oh welll....."

That being said there are some girls that aren't interested in manipulating guys like in high school. They're just more annoying or loud on average.
>>
>>28705349
Even if the female isn't directly manipulating the group, the guys will often start in-fighting for her attentions.
>>
>>28705349

Fuck that sounds horrible. I might do that once but I'd ask her out ASAP to see if doing her favors was worth the trouble.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.