[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Autism thread. Share stories about autistic people you know.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 16
File: autism.jpg (115 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
115 KB, 1920x1080
Autism thread. Share stories about autistic people you know.

>Go to camp in summer with lots of autistic kids because I have Asperger's
>Many of them can't even speak
>One has shirt that says "I don't talk much. I'm busy thinking"
>One girl can only say "no"
>Counselors can't tell if she doesn't want to do something or is just saying the only word she knows
>Low functioning 20 year old watches Catdog and watches same few seconds over and over
>On long bus ride and one kid won't stop screaming and singing loudly the whole time
>Slightly more normal kid tries talking to non verbal girl
>Asks counselor why she doesn't answer
>>
File: 108.jpg (91 KB, 850x1201) Image search: [Google]
108.jpg
91 KB, 850x1201
I only have autism stories about myself
>>
File: ladda ned.png (10 KB, 284x178) Image search: [Google]
ladda ned.png
10 KB, 284x178
Why doesn't she anwser?
>>
>>28703720
>non verbal
>>
>>28703680
Then share stories about yourself.
>>
File: ladda ned.jpg (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
ladda ned.jpg
4 KB, 225x225
>>28703753

>non verbal
Then what was the point of ending on asking The counselor?
>>
>>28703858
Because the kid didn't know why she wasn't talking. That's why he asked the counselor.
>>
File: 1425156431197.jpg (39 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1425156431197.jpg
39 KB, 396x385
>>28703881
But why didn't she answer
>>
>>28703881
BUT WHAT WAS THE POINT IN INCLUDING IN THE STORY, WHY TELL US ABOUT IT
>>
File: 176.jpg (56 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
176.jpg
56 KB, 640x480
>>28703786
>have trouble making friends, sort of a loner
>start of 7th grade, moved to a new school and desperate for friends but have no idea how to make any
>try to seem dark and mysterious, therefore interesting (by my logic)
>never speak to anyone, never acknowledge anyone until one day some girl comes up to me and asks why i never talk to anyone
>"Oh, you don't want to get to know me. I'm pretty dangerous"
>she laughs and asks how dangerous
>quote vegeta from dragon ball z and proclaim loudly how i'm the prince of all saiyans, and that she'd be safer elsewhere

have another

>one day in high school
>have a small group of nerd friends
>all of us are into pokemon still, in a big way
>there's a halloween event where the day of said holiday, students can wear costumes
>we all make pokemon trainer outfits and glue pokemon plushies to our shoulders
>we all show up to school and pretend we are actually pokemon trainers
>shout out catchphrases from the show etc
>girls are walking around in skimpy outfits dressed like witches, mummies, etc standard halloween shit
>walk up to a group of them and kneel down, before telling one girl (dressed like a sexy witch with a long dress) "you are so rare and enticing, I just have to throw my master ball to catch you!"
>literally threw a plastic master ball at her, which knocked her right in the front teeth
>get slapped and told to fuck off
>I try to apologize and end up stepping on the edge of her dress, pulling it down a little which trips her up
>she falls flat on her face and while the rest of her followers yell and try to help her up, I immediately start walking away, and shout, "I use a poke-doll to escape"
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 216x233) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 216x233
>Me and another student don't like each other.
>always getting into verbal fights
>One day it escalates and the teacher itervenes and sits us across each other for time out.
>evilously looking at each other across the room.
>he looks at a bottle of glue and grabs it, squeeze little amount on finger and eats it.
> I grab the closest bottle of glue and squeeze larger amount of glue out and eat it.
> we continue to battle who could eat more glue.
> eventually feel sick and ask if I could goto the nurse because I ate a lot of glue
> he does too
>>
>>28703940
Because she is so severely autistic she can't even speak.
>>
File: 1423104062517.png (361 KB, 858x725) Image search: [Google]
1423104062517.png
361 KB, 858x725
>>28704055
So why didn't the kid know she couldn't speak
>>
>>28704042
>evilously
>>
>>28704028
>>quote vegeta from dragon ball z and proclaim loudly how i'm the prince of all saiyans, and that she'd be safer elsewhere
Oh
My
God
>>
>>28704080
Because he didn't know you could be so autistic you can't speak.
>>
I used to be the mod on /sp/
>>
>Be autistic
>Have crippling depression and inability to form and maintain social relationships
>parents think I'm a burden
>incel
>Want to end my life

haha, there's my funny autism story.
>>
File: 1423179732215.png (937 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1423179732215.png
937 KB, 900x900
>>28704120
I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND
GOD DAMN IT
>>
File: 123.jpg (110 KB, 640x672) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
110 KB, 640x672
>>28704121
i'm pretty sure you win this one, m8
>>
File: ladda ned (1).jpg (10 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
ladda ned (1).jpg
10 KB, 226x223
>>28703606
I still want to learn about why you ended the story like that
>>
>>28704160
The kid was really young, autistic, and didn't know much about autism. He tried talking to a non verbal autistic girl. He didn't know why she couldn't speak, so he asked the counselor why. What's so hard to understand here?
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 228x221
>>28704202
Give us anwsers OP
>>
>>28704202
he's clearly autistic and has no grasp of proper story composition.
>>
>>28703606
>>On long bus ride and one kid won't stop screaming and singing loudly the whole time
>>On long bus ride
Op, don't your mean 'short bus' ride?
>>
File: kermit.jpg (30 KB, 587x583) Image search: [Google]
kermit.jpg
30 KB, 587x583
>>28704028
>you are so rare and enticing, I just have to throw my master ball to catch you!
>I use a poke-doll to escape
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>28703606
I'm a pretty interesting specimen of an autist myself, but I grew up with a few more interesting ones. My whole friend group was probably on the spectrum, and a lot of them were in some kind of special education program at the school I went to.

>had the stereotypical fat kid with a rolling backpack as a friend growing up
>dude was wicked smart, had every game system to date including obscure ones, had some pretty severe OCD
>used to watch/make youtube poops with this guy and sleep over at his house a lot
>was honestly a pretty chill guy, but got way picked on in high school and apparently isn't doing well lately
>his younger sister was one of those weeaboo chicks with the dyed hair, the fanfic, Kingdom Hearts, Invader Zim, Hot Topic, fanfic, and yaoi and went to cons with us a lot

>one dude that went to my school wanted to be Sephiroth and was a huge weeb
>would talk to me every day in class about shit like Fire Emblem and Megaman and Final Fantasy and Blazblue
>entertain him and let him rant at me because I wanted him to have someone who listened, because I actually thought that shit was pretty cool, and because it gave me an excuse to rant back about my own hyper-compartmentalized interests
>dude had the edgy-ass facebook photo with the Sephiroth jacket and the katana
>watched this guy go from being adorably, hyperactively upbeat and random as a younger kid to being all edgy and serious-looking and honestly kinda scary in high school
>looked like Coconut Head from Ned's Declassified and Adam Lanza had a baby
>>28704028
>quote vegeta from dragon ball z and proclaim loudly how i'm the prince of all saiyans, and that she'd be safer elsewhere
>shout out catchphrases from the show etc
>the entire master ball episode
I cringed viscerally. I'm almost in disbelief at the poke-doll bit.

>>28704121
That's as good as a diagnosis, you fucking autist.
>>
File: roemer.jpg (876 KB, 1304x4988) Image search: [Google]
roemer.jpg
876 KB, 1304x4988
More autism.
>>
>Be a part of a group of 4 friends on electrical course
>me, and two other slightly average guys with that autist who you kinda can't get rid of
>In theory, doing equations and shit
>after finishing up the paper the teacher wants us to give him the answers we got, he lists the number of the questions etc etc...
>autismo answers every question enthusiastically
>teacher asks autismo to let the rest of the class answer
>autismo laughs and says "yeah, let the retards have a chance"
>class sits in silence for a moment
>he doesn't notice and keeps writing things down while humming
>autismo is exiled and everybody hates him
>>
>>28706096

Top fucking kek. I could imagine myself saying something like this too.
>>
i knew a kid
>draws alot of anime and fanart
>have seen every singe Studio Ghibli movie
>very quiet and shy
>his only friends are some emo chicks, uber autistic mexican kid and me ofcourse

man i miss that kid
quite a funny fella
>>
>>28706193
They're nice guys on my course, better autismo than me.
>>
>>28703941
This is so meta. OP wrote about autists like an autist and confused the normies
>>
>>28704121
I enjoyed making your life hell
>>
Anyone have more autism stories?
>>
>>28708307
That depends. What are you looking for? I'm out of funny stories.
>>
>>28708346
Just anything about autistic people you know or know about. Are there more people you know? Have they done anything interesting?
>>
>>28703606
women are absolute experts in spotting autism in young males, its actually instinctual, she is actually protecting her young that don't even exist yet, nature is trying so so hard to get rid of autism, yet vaccines keep pumping it back
>>
>>28708499
Vaccines don't cause autism. People keep fucking us into existence. Think about that for a moment.
>>
>>28708512
BREAKING NEWS: UNPROTECTED SEX CAUSES AUTISM

STUDIES HAVE SHOWN THAT CONDOMS AND BIRTH CONTROL PREVENT AUTISM
>>
>be 2 yo
>learn that life is pointless
>parents divorce because different views
>father regrets having a child to be tortured with life
>decide to do nothing with life
>go to elementary school
>don't talk and purposely refuse to do anything
>get put in special ed
>be 20 with no education besides acting like a tard for 20 years
>become a NEET cuck and slowly learn through internet

I'm now 31. does this mean i'm actually 11 because my life didn't start until i was 20?
>>
File: ae235.jpg (11 KB, 290x290) Image search: [Google]
ae235.jpg
11 KB, 290x290
Who else /sensoryoverload/ here?

>tfw every day is a nauseating assault on your senses and you have to play it cool like you're not constantly at DEFCON II
>>
>>28708872
Nah it's more like the new norm of having kids in your late 20s and 30s is causing autism. Think about when you started getting boners. That's nature saying "IT'S TIME TO FUCK!" The longer you wait beyond that point, the more likely you are to have tard kids.
>>
>>28709063
That is one hell of a life story. Having an existential crisis as a toddler and spending the next two decades pretending to be retarded as a result. What the fuck.
>>
>>28704160
>>28704206
you're both autistic as fuck
>>
>>28704042
>One day it escalates and the teacher itervenes and sits us across each other for time out.

it was a female teacher wasnt it
>>
>>28709167

I get this every time I walk into a shopping mall. I think I get hit with anxiety and the noise is overwhelming but I usually just endure it long enough to get what I need and leave.
>>
My best friend has aspergers

He sometimes makes really cringy jokes or just tries to one up our jokes, but he always goes too far

He gets really jealous that I'm kind of a manwhore cause he hasn't even kissed anyone yet. I've known him for like 13 years and our friendship has survived me moving around all the time...

I feel really bad cause he doesn't get that I actually only get girls because I hide my self destructiveness (alcohol, sex addiction, smoking) enough to seem cool or alpha

I hope he makes it
>>
>>28709594
I think I might be the biggest sensory freak I know. I'm hypersensitive as fuck, and I have a pair of the earmuffs I posted in order to study or just deal with the noise some days present. I can't stand tags, seams, threads, or certain textures rubbing against my skin, and ever since I was a kid, a lot of my clothes have been mutilated with scissors or torn to deal with it. Drove my folks nuts. I wear my socks inside-out and always have, and I'm really stereotyped and particular about the clothes I wear. Sometimes, when I'm walking, my clothes will rub up against my skin the wrong way, and I'll freeze up mid-stride and have a stiff little meltdown.

I can't stand light touch. Light stroking, brushing, holding, tracing, tapping, kneading, or patting drives me nuts. I need firm, constant, expected pressure in a part of my body that I'm okay with being touched. That said, pain doesn't seem to affect me as much as other people.

I have actual trigger stimuli. Whistling is somewhere between alarming, hostile, unnerving, confusing, painful, and enraging to me. Lots of mouth sounds are like that. It's bad enough that I have nightmares about whistling. Certain movements in my peripheral vision drive me nuts, and I find myself blocking one eye with my hands often to avoid having to see them.

I pace and fidget constantly, and I tiptoe and bounce a lot, which I suppose is something to do with my vestibular system. Clumsy as fuck in general. Apparently I have "sensory processing disorder" or some shit.

There's a lot of overlap, too. When I hear sound, it elicits a tactile response at the same time, so being within earshot of something is often like being touched because I can feel what I hear in my body. I can see spoken words, too, so a car full of a bunch of people talking is just a flood of text.

The world is fucking intense, and sometimes I wonder that I can live outside my bubble. Still need to decompress a lot.
>>
>>28709656
Oh, you poor, tortured casanova, you.
>>
>>28704141
I'm so sorry bro
Original comments play golf
>>
>>28709174
It's more applicable on the female side than the male side, 40+ year old men used to fuck under 20 girls commonly and had no offspring problems. Women are to be used and disposed of :^)
>>
>>28704042
Did you guys bond over the experience?
>>
>>28709063

Uh anon do you realise the potential of a autobiography/life story book you got? Like i feel morally obligated to bring this up. You could get a movie deal out of it
>>
>>28704206

What the fuck are you talking about?

This got me muted for not being original
>>
Not really an interesting story but it's all I've got (from when I was in HS)
>autistic guy on my bus
>plays his laptop and tries to talk to the person next to him about it every day
>person next to him always ends up being very annoyed
>one day he literally comes on the bus with a fedora
>"Hey guys u like my hat?"
>literally goes round the bus asking people if they like his hat
>all say no, some sarcastically say yes, others tell him to fuck off
>He repeats this for the next week and then never touches a fedora again.

He was also in my science class
>he always asks the teacher stupid fucking questions
>"Sir, is it possible to bend the fabric of reality?"
>"Sir how much energy would be required to bend the fabric of reality?"
>teacher just says he doesn't fucking know and tells him to shut up and teach

I miss laughing my ass off at this stupid retard.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.