[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /Acne/ here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: 80624100.jpg (26 KB, 339x400) Image search: [Google]
80624100.jpg
26 KB, 339x400
>No Dairy
>Nearly no fast food
>Only drink water
>Avoid sugar spikes
>Wash face usually twice a day
>Salcylic Facewashs
>Tretonin cream every night
>Benzoyl Peroxide
>Still new spots everyday

Why can't big pharma do anything good for once and cure this shit?
>>
just use alcohol swabs and one cream.
>>
I had acne when I was younger. My mother made me go to a dermathologist who gave me a blue liquid that I had to apply to my face every day. The acne went away in two weeks. It didn't cure my retardation though.
>>
See, I hope that when (if) this shit ever goes away my social anxiety will go away with it... I wasn;t so terrible before I had it. But I think it might have become a learned behaviour and I'm stuck with it.
>>
Same here OP. Where do you get yours? I used to get it on my forehead during elementary / middle school and then it went away. Then I got it on my cheeks, chest and back and now thats scarred (but I don't really get new spots there anymore). Now i just get new spots around my mouth and chin

How tf do I even go about figuring out what's causing it? I tried benzoyl peroxide, pills that I forgot the name of that deal with infections, and that weird sulfur shit for 3 months. How long am I supposed to even take that shit till it actually starts getting better? My skin just kept peeling
>>
>>28703263
accutane, accutane, accutane, accutane accutane, accutane, accutane, accutane accutane, accutane, accutane, accutane accutane, accutane, accutane, accutane accutane, accutane, accutane, accutane accutane, accutane, accutane, accutane accutane, accutane, accutane, accutane accutane, accutane, accutane, accutane
>>
Still have it at 23. Been dealing with it since 14.

I'm pretty sure the sole cause is genetics, diet and cleanliness make no difference from my experiences.
>>
I took accutane. Only have some left on high temples/hairline.
I have keratosis pilaris though which sucks.
>>
>>28703525

Am op

mostly around my mouth and chin, back as well, used to get on my cheeks but they have mostly receded... the scars haven't though.

To top it off, been getting nodules on my chin lately in addition to usual pustules... don't even want to leave the house. Wouldn't wish this stuff on my worst enemy
>>
>>28703263
stop applying creams. go to a doctor, say that everything has failed so far.

he will prescribe you accutane. if he doesn't, find another doctor.

stay loyal to the guidelines. it will seem to be making your acne worse in the beggining, and it might take several months for the effects to kick in. but it eventually will, and your acne will dissappear.

DO NOT wash your face with regular commercial soap. ask your doctor for a special one.
DO NOT drink too much alcohol. you might die.

also, find a mosturizing cream for the face and a lip mosturizer. use them when you feel that they are too dry. he might also give you a special cream to apply at night.

ACCUTANE
C
C
U
T
A
N
E
>>
File: 300.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
300.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
>>28703959
Get this for lips.
>>
>>28703263

Just get sea salt, mix it with water, and apply it with a mist bottle or just use it as a face wash. Twice a day is best. Its cheap as fuck and works, just makes sure that your face isn't too dry, so put some lotion as well.

My acne cleared up within a day, and a couple months for all the scars to disappear too.
>>
>>28704059
>My acne cleared up within a day
hmm
>>
>>28703959

Ive gone to a doctor. When i did years ago and things weren't half as bad as they are now, I got epiduo...

I went sometime two years ago now and now I have the tretonin that I take. I can't saw it hasn't helped... it has just very little, maybe a 25% improvement. I don't think they will consider my case 'severe' enough for accutane.
>>
>>28704083

Not completely, and I applied it too much (16 times the first day, 20 times the next, etc.), but I would say that the swelling and red spots went down significantly.

Actual acne stopped coming, faded after a few weeks. After that only scars were left, took a few months for those to fade too.
>>
>>28704059
>trust me bro just put salt on your face it'll work
>>
>>28704086
you mean tretinoin? the face cream?

bro the only way not to take accutane is by being a pussy. it's not like they will deny it if you ask for it, all you need is a bloodtest.

as i said, even if they do not want to prescribe accutane, find another doctor.
>>
I've been to multiple doctors and dermatologists, and they all say the same;

>FOOD AND DIET HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ACNE<

dont force yourself into diets because of it (altho water-only is really good, so you might aswel stick to it)

>tried Benzoyl Peroxide for 3 months
>no effect
>now on Roacutane

its heavy stuff, but i've got high hopes
>>
>>28704226
>food and diet have nothing to do with acne
kek
>>
if you go on accutane, do not lose hope no matter what. it might get worse, it might take a lot of months to work, but it will eventually work.

i was nosebleeding like 2 times per day while i was on it. one time i had 1 beer and my body felt sore (to the point it was too painful to sleep) for 2 days. then again, i am a masochist, so i loved that stuff.

good days...
>>
>>28704178

Yeah the facecream. If I can find a doctor that will prescribe it I will take accutane in a heartbeat... side effects be damned. I will start looking again then, from what my current doctor said people aren't so lax about prescribing it because of suicides?
>>
>>28704270
yeah, those doctors are a bunch of clown ey?

but no, this sub-autonomous siamese windmill fabrication helpdesk, they're the ones speaking the truth!
>>
Doesn't accutane sometimes have a side effect of horribly drying up your skin or something? I thought it had some other supposed effect besides 'depression' or whatever
>>
>>28704164

Dillute it with water so it doesn't dry out your skin. Ever wonder why people at the beach don't have acne?

Just not table salt.

And it costs 2$ to try, its not like its a 60$ product or you need a prescription from a doctor to try it.
>>
>>28704295
i also had suicidal thoughts about halfway through the therapy. mostly because not only was my acne getting worse (expected side effect), but it took way too much for the effects to kick in.

which is weird, considering that i am a pretty strong (mentally) person. i wouldn't be surprised if there is some chemical in there that causes minor depression.

if you have the psychology of a fucking girl, take smaller doses or have a monthly therapy appointment just to be sure. if you are a man, you should be alright.
>>
>>28704416

People with acne wouldn't go to the beach in the first place kek
>>
>>28704412
Hahaha accutane has so many fucking side effects that it's almost never worth it unless you have an extreme case of acne. This is why most doctors don't prescribe it.
>>
>>28703263
Washing your face with anything other than water will fuck you up. Salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide only irritate skin. Do nothing more than a few light splashes of water each night. 100% serious.
>>
>>28704553
>Do nothing more than a few light splashes of water each night.
The home remedies are getting better and better.
>>
>>28704546
don't listen to him. these are the side effects:
-cannot go out on a sunny day without sunscreen
-cannot drink much alcohol
-dry skin
-a couple of nosebleeds
that's fucking it. they now prescribe accutane even for some normie pimples. it is the pinnacle of modern medicine, people in the past couldn't even dream of something so effective. FUCKING, GET IT.
>>
>>28704419

Well I mean I'm depressed because of my acne so its really a damned if i do damned if i dont scenario. Haven't felt truly happy in years. I think i can endure some more if it means being rid of the shit.
>>
Accutane is basically the only fool-proof solution in regards to acne.
>>
Take care of it early OP.

I had horrible acne when I was younger, and now at 32 the acne scars make me look like I'm 50. I am a post-wizard as well.
>>
>>28704660
>cannot drink much alcohol
AAAAAAND PASS
>>
>>28704086
A while ago the doctor gave me Retin A (trentinoin). It actually worked and completely cleared up my acne. The. In March all of sudden it stopped working and my acne came back even worse then it was before. Now they recently gave me epiduo with some cleanser and moisturizers aswell as doxycycline. Hopefully my acne goes away.
>>
>>28704873
I went through all of those and Accutane was the only thing that completely worked. Hopefully you'll have better success than me.
>>
Would not jacking off anymore help with acne or nah
>>
>>28704951
No rub semen on face. My acne cleared up after week.
>>
>literally no acne this time last year
>a year afterwards my face now looks like a minefield of acne scars and pockmarks, that are likely all going to be permanent
>cystic acne is still continuing with no end
This is just life's way of telling me to accept wizardhood.
>>
>>28704951
It makes it worse actually
>>
File: hmmittn.jpg (7 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hmmittn.jpg
7 KB, 480x360
Acne has ruined my life. The worst part is everyone around me is aware of it.

>Get a 'work trial'
>Work trial is as a waiter at a small local Cafe
>Basically they ask me to serve a couple of customers
>Feel really nervous
>Customer walks in
>I approach them and ask what they would like to drink
>They order an Espresso
>Can see them staring at me spots
>Go and get their Espresso
>Bring it back to the table
>They are still looking at my spots
>try to banter with the customer
>''a-a-a-t least my pus is decaf''
>touch some of my spots, lick my hands then shout ''SLEEPIN WELL TONIGHT''
>give them their drink and walk off
>trial ended early
>get sent home
>no job

If I had no acne I'd be emplpyed.
>>
>>28705112
Jesus balls fuk
>>
File: 1462902857179.jpg (20 KB, 445x372) Image search: [Google]
1462902857179.jpg
20 KB, 445x372
>in hospital recently
>nurse has to check my back for their daily lung stethoscope "breathe in, breathe out" bullshit
>practically recoils after she moves my johnny back
>"do you have a skin condition"?
>"yeah, it's called acne"

Fucking cunt. People who act like you can just cure acne with some dietary changes and washing your face have no fucking idea what having cystic acne is like. I'm 26 and this shit is still constant. My back looks like I have fucking small pox.
>>
>>28705645

>hurr just wash your face and don't touch it

Sorry to hear that man. I probably don't have it nearly as bad as you, i don't really get that many cysts. I can't imagine what it must be like to feel that all the time.
>>
>>28704226
>>FOOD AND DIET HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ACNE<

For myself food has a lot to do with acne, once I stopped eating fried and sweety foods my acne significantly lowered.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.