[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
an annoying trend ive noticed on youtube I've noticed the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1446606755802.png (8 KB, 289x206) Image search: [Google]
1446606755802.png
8 KB, 289x206
an annoying trend ive noticed on youtube I've noticed the last two years: why does everyone edit their videos so goddamn much? people always make hundreds of cuts per video, even if its just them talking. Are people just not capable of talking coherently for more than a few seconds? Its fucking weird. I dont mind a few seconds of silence here and there.
>>
>>28702445
People don't have attention spans any more
>>
>>28702491
This.

Everyone seems to be more impatient and focused on instant gratification.
>>
>>28702445
People hate wasting time. Also you can fit more stuff in the same timeframe. Everyone hates sped up videos. But what do I know nobody watches my videos anyways.
>>
>>28702445

What's wrong with cleaning out goof-ups? Sure it looks messy when you've only got one angle and it results in constant jump cuts but any video that's just somebody talking directly into their webcam isn't selling itself on production value anyway. So why not just trim out the shit that doesn't matter so you can get to the point more quickly?

Although I think also that people have gotten used to that 1-take jumpcut style of shooting and editing, so now nobody's embarrassed to do it.
>>
>>28702445
shut up you stupid cunt bitch
>>
"Professionalism"

Since we live in an age where people can earn their ENTIRE income on jewtube videos, there's an increased demand for cleaner looking videos. Combined with the fact that youtube dropped the 10 minute video upload limit, you got folks wanting to put as much meaningful shit into a 30 minute video as they can (instead of having it be 40-50 minutes because of dead air)

>>28702491
>>28702517
This too. Since there's revenue to be had from views, people try and condense the most stuff into the least time. Youtube dropping the 10 minute upload limit was a good move, but most people will still watch a 10 minute video over a 30 minute one (assuming they touch on all the same points)
>>
>>28702834
Most of my videos are watched for like 20s or less and my avg watch time is 3 mins and 10m for a guide.
>>
>>28702445
Youtube retention time is the most important factor now. Not views or anything else. So the more fucking garbage you can shove in at once, the less likely someone will leave the page.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.