[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got fired yesterday. Third job Ive lost because booze/drugs.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 490x490
I got fired yesterday. Third job Ive lost because booze/drugs. I went to an NA meeting last night and got a sponsor. I know there is still time to right the ship, but I can't help but realize I became the person I was afraid I would become. I feel so shitty and afraid.
>>
I think just quitting something is not the way. You need to replace it with a healthier alternative.
>>
>>28702041
i almost lost my job this week because of alcohol anon, shit fucking sucks - actually lost a nice resident manager job last year because of by stupid drunken antics, had that shit for over like 16 years too :(

i'm trying the therapy meme and will probably attend a AA meeting Sunday, doesn't seem to be much else i can do at this point

the doc actually recommended 2 weeks inpatient but i simply cannot afford the time off work, if i could even get it off
>>
Do you people just go to work shitfaced or something? How does alcohol effect you on the job unless you're super hungover?
>>
>>28702676
for me it's calling out the next day because i simply cannot function - try downing 3 40oz of shitty steele reserve and see if you can do anything productive the next day
>>
>>28703189
Don't down three 40ozs. of shitty malt liquor next time, moron. If you're going to be an alcoholic, at least be a functioning alcoholic
>>
>>28702676
>tfw used to do a plethora of drugs while working at a minimum wage fast food resturant
>was very obvious
>none of the managers cared, one did cocaine with me
>one day I got drunk before work with my druggy friends
>it was standard to come in high or moderately drunk, but I got way in over my head and drank a couple liquor bottles
>show up to work
>ask co-worker to buy me beer
>go into the back to pour beer into cup
>manager sees me
>this manager has witnessed me work intoxicated as fuck before and never cared
>this time he did
>got kicked out, fired, slept in my car and threw up all over myself
>>
>>28703254
>completely not understanding alcoholism at all
i'm not surprised

i've been a 'functioning' alcoholic for years anon but lately i just can't stop once i start - i got ONE 40oz at first but after that was gone pretty quickly i ordered an uber to take me to the 7/11 and back to get more, don't remember much after that, apparently ordered a shitload of food delivered and emailed work saying i wouldn't be in
>>
>>28703912
oh and the worst part for me is no matter how much i drink, past say 2-3 beers, i simply will not sleep or i might get a couple hours of shitty 'sleep'

really fucking up my mental health lately
>>
>>28702041
>can't stop drinking DA BOOZ
I'm afraid you have a bad case of normie-itis. Advanced stages of the disease can lead to HITTIN DA CLUBZ, making GETTIN FUKKED UP :DDD your default weekend activity and an uncontrollable urge to yell "WOOOOOOOO"
>>
>>28702041
The longer you stay sober the better you'll feel. Just listen to your sponsor, ask him for advice, do what he says, and go to lots of meetings early on. I have 17 months of sobriety and still go to around 4 meetings a week. For the first year I went to around 6-7 per week. You can do it anon. My life is amazing now, I have everything I ever wanted and more. It's hard to stay sober at first but more worth it than you know.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.