[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OCD Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: 1461290643556.png (34 KB, 470x512) Image search: [Google]
1461290643556.png
34 KB, 470x512
>dogs piss on rug
>parents put rug in the washer
>avoid ever washing my clothes in it again
>>
>>28701497
Tell me more about your OCD. I don't know much about it and want to hear what it's really like.
>>
File: ed.png (47 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
ed.png
47 KB, 230x230
>>28701497
>someone touches me
>scrub area with soap and water
>have to wash hands since i touched the area
>if i touch anything other than a paper towel before leaving the bathroom i have to do it all over again
>tfw accidentally brush against the door handle or touch the light switch through the wet paper towel
>>
>>28701649
And what happens if you don't wash the area that was touched?
>>
File: 1463591870988.jpg (67 KB, 680x1020) Image search: [Google]
1463591870988.jpg
67 KB, 680x1020
>Too much shit on my desk
>Put it back
>Too much shit in my closet, have to clean it
>Cleaning supplies filling up my room
>Vacuum carpet
>Have to spray room with deodorizer
>Open a window
>Can see dust now
>Dust and sanitize furniture
>Sit back down at my computer
>Realize I haven't showered
>>
When my sister was still toliet training she had a potty that accidentally spilled on the floor so each time I would go near that area I would jump over it to avoid the piss
>>
>>28701649
Wait, is this OCD? I thought this was me being autistic as usual.
>>
>>28701497
>hear a sentence on tv
>repeat three times without a mistake
>repeat until no mistakes made
>>
>>28701649
>yfw paper towels are manufactured in horrifically unhygienic factories
>>
>have OCD
>solve a number of personal issues, identify a number of other
>OCD almost gone.

Granded, I still check 10-15 times whether the door is locked when leaving or going to sleep, but that's pretty much the only remnant.
>>
>read something
>Know that someday I will forget it
>write it down
>I have 1000 notebooks with meaningless information written on them
>still no gf
>still no knowledge retention
>>
>>28702428
I do this with bookmarks.
I have thousands of bookmarks with things "I'll look into later".

At first I would categorize them, now I just hit the star button.

Also one of my walls is covered with A4 pepers with "to-do" lists, priorities and goals.
However my desk below is a pile of crap because I've given up.
>>
>>28702583
I know what you feel, any temporary cure ? help me.
>>
>>28702641
I honestly don't know. I was sighnificantly improved when I realized some things about my parents and how their influence messed me up.
Over time I was no longer feeling obligated to do everything perfect.
But these kind of things take a lot of time, are different for everyone and no solution is forever.
Good luck.
>>
>>28702428
>think something
>know that someday i will lose that thought
>write it down
>have a .txt with hundreds of pages, documenting my thoughts
>know that there's no point in it but i can't help doing it

I just can't let a wondering thought go. Is this OCD?

>>28702583
I never visit my bookmarks, and have 100's of them
>>
>>28702849
I never revisit my notes neither
>>
>>28702876
But is this OCD? I've never been diagnosed. I have BPD though.
>>
>>28702950
My psych said I have OCD but for other reasons, my obsessions changed over time,being the notes thing/memory problem the last and unresolved one. I guess it is, since you can't let go of your train of thought and just let it happen. I'd say that the worst syndrome I have is that sometimes I become so self aware that I can't think in words, I stop understanding my own language for a couple of minutes, since words just come to our minds without us actually thinking of them,and being aware of this makes me so anxious to the point of insanity. This terrifies me a lot since It's never been diagnosed and everyone tells me to fuck off and get over it. Maybe it's just a way of covering up all that emotional abuse? Don't know, I'm more concerned about a cure than the definitions and reasons behind this behavior.Sorry if my text doesn't make any sense, I''m in one of those periods.
>>
File: 1459351562806.jpg (8 KB, 241x250) Image search: [Google]
1459351562806.jpg
8 KB, 241x250
>>28701497
>doing exposure and response prevention therapy for OCD
>usually spend an hour on sessions, today we went half an hour over because my therapist was so concerned about the content of my intrusive thoughts
>finally had the nerve to talk about the constant intrusive thoughts and urges I get
>about torturing and killing people and letting their body decompose before fucking it
>today is was specifically about my gf
>tfw I omitted as much detail as possible and was still shaking from how horrifying it was to say those things out loud to someone I respect
>tfw after we were done he called me out on it and wants me to write it out as explicitly as possible before our next session

I swear to fucking God I hate my mind so much. I don't want to deal with this shit and yet I'm so fed up with it I'm forcing myself to confront it every single day.

It pisses me off so much when people say they have OCD because they like organizing things or get bothered slightly by something being out of place. Or by faggots who think that it's exclusively a disorder that means you wash your hands a lot. I can't even tell people I'm so distraught because I have OCD because I'd have to explain it and when you tell people you get intrusive thoughts and compulsions they want further explanation and you just can't fucking tell people this shit.
>>
>>28701690
dunno, never found out
>>
>>28703124
>Maybe it's just a way of covering up all that emotional abuse?
How were you abused to the point where you can't understand your own thoughts?
>>
givin this thread the old original natty bumperoo
>>
>>28704504
one more bumperoo
>>
wtf dude dog piss is water soluble, get over it.
>>
>>28704222
>How were you abused to the point where you can't understand your own thoughts?
Are you kidding? This is extremely common. I've personaly experienced it.

Try to imagine being conditioned all your life, ever since you were a chile, to ignore all your feelings and thoughts because they inconvenience your parent.

Of course you can't imagine this, but it most certainly happens.
>>
File: wtf.gif (1 MB, 346x346) Image search: [Google]
wtf.gif
1 MB, 346x346
>>28701497
>wash clothes in family washer
>shit and ball/pussy particles from dirty undies are constantly being sloshed around in there with your other clothes
>tfw you realize your washing machine was probably filthier before the dog piss
>>
File: 1460262514010.gif (959 KB, 793x621) Image search: [Google]
1460262514010.gif
959 KB, 793x621
>>28701497
>mfw mom tells me to either use a towel more than once or quit washing my clothes at the house

Guys, I dry my crotch with that towel, what the fuck do I do?
>>
>>28705788
your crotch should be sparkling clean when you dry it, so what's the problem?
>>
File: worry.jpg (10 KB, 193x245) Image search: [Google]
worry.jpg
10 KB, 193x245
>>28703261
I have intrusive thoughts like this too. I haven't really started therapy for it yet.

>tfw joining Orthodox Church
>tfw eventually going to have to go to confession
>mfw going to have to tell priest about all of my horrible thoughts
>>
>>28705854
>tfw I've confessed before and been told that they couldn't help me
From my experience therapists are a hell of a lot more understanding than the church.

Remember, though, thoughts do not equal actions. If you haven't actually hurt anyone or molested anything, there's no need to feel guilty, anon. It's okay to have thoughts like this, even though it may be extremely distressing, they aren't hurting anyone other than you.
>>
>>28705826
Read the thread title if you seriously don't know what the problem is.
>>
>go to bed at 11
>set alarm for morning
>didisetmyalarmdidisetmyalarmdidisetmyalarmdidisetmyalarmdidisetmyalarmdidisetmyalarmdidisetmyalarmdidisetmyalarmdidisetmyalarmdidisetmyalarm don't check it you know you set it didisetmyalarmdidisetmyalarmdidisetmyalarmdidisetmyalarmdidisetmyalarmdidisetmyalarmdidisetmyalarmdidisetmyalarm ok I guess it's 3am
>get up
>WOW I DID SET MY ALARM
>wake up at 7 for work, done before the day even started
>>
>>28705788
Use two towels, one for body and one dedicated solely to crotch. That way you can use body towel more than once. You should also be able to use crotch towel more than once since it is isolated to only your crotch area.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.