[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's have a subtle masochism thread. >post your age
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9
File: Christine.jpg (35 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
Christine.jpg
35 KB, 540x720
Let's have a subtle masochism thread.

>post your age
>think of 7 years prior, of what/where/who you thought you'd grow up to be, then post it
>think of the present, of what/where/who you actually are, then post it

>21
>thought I'd be roommates with my conjured, hypothetical best friend while we both attended Uni and worked on our indie game during all other hours
>haven't had a friend in +4 years, and trying to feign passion in my dying interests in music, programming, and reading while plotting for a comfortable, quiet suicide
>>
where can I find a pretentious, post rock loving, GY!BE listening gf?
>>
File: Francis.jpg (58 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
Francis.jpg
58 KB, 480x640
>>28701581
The meme is to just frequent shows, but at every show I've been to the girls whatever girls show up are there with boyfriends.
>>
> 25
> thought I'd be exactly where I am, doing what I do
> do so

Well this isn't a very interesting post.
>>
>18
>Wanted to "make videogames"
>Currently at uni, doing game programming.

Guess im good for now
>>
>>28701279

When 25, I thought I'd have a low to modest paying job at 32, maybe as a low level manager in an office for a big corporation somewhere. I'd have co-workers I get along with, we'd be friends and I would have a girlfriend/wife who I am in love with. We'd live together and have a Hollywood sitcom life together. I'd be the slightly goofy, piss poor guy making just enough to survive, surrounded by friends and a beloved woman. I'd be in a suburban McMansion. Children would be on the horizon. I would be happy like the characters from Friends or ToraDora or something.

Right now, I am in the middle of closing a high stress family owned small business. It is failing. When times were good it paid well, and I have enough investments for this to be my last job ever. Got real estate rental properties, all paid off, all producing rent. I hate people, the only friend I have is my tulpa. I fucking hate people. Women drove me nuts over a series of relationships I've had, came close to marrying one, realized she pissed away money like water and that I'd be miserable with her, so I dumped her. Now I am single and do not plan to marry or date in the future. I'm both happy and bitter. I'm happy that I will be happy and free from here on now, but bitter over the lies I was fed, and being denied things promised by TV and shit that I never got.

I also play the guitar now. It feels good to be able to produce something and improve myself somehow. Having no productive hobbies and just game and watch shows like I did at 25 made me feel hollow and worthless back in the days.
>>
File: 1462462827300.jpg (126 KB, 590x417) Image search: [Google]
1462462827300.jpg
126 KB, 590x417
>20
>saw living the normie life as pointless so i dropped out of school and knew in my heart that i had already given up, escapism was already melted deep in my veins
>haven't left my room in 5 years and dedicated the past half decade to listening to music and searching through the depths of the internet for all of the music i can get my hands on, i listen to around 20 albums a day and then i sleep and do it again, the only people i talk to are some internet friends i met 7 years ago but they've all met in real life when i never even let them hear my voice, they're moving on while i've given up, i will never ever change, i will never enter reality again, i'd have to kill myself if i had to be self sufficient because i have never left the womb, i am one of the weakest most useless people on this planet, this is the best i can do without living or dying, just existing
>>
>>28701279
>21
>Hoped I'd be dead
>Still alive, still hoping I'll die sometime soon.

I'm going to try the exit bag soon. If that doesn't work I'll tie the helium tank to my neck and try to drown somewhere.
>>
>24

>Feared questions such as what I would do when I grew up because I had no fucking clue, although I cherished the thought of playing guitar in a metal band and making videogames, but to be fair all I wanted was to hang out with friends, play WoW and git gud at guitar.

>Am just as lost now, making my own music but always ends up dissapointed with it and delete it. Gave up the idea of making video games years ago. Lost contact with all my friends and still struggling how to learn to sweep properly on the guitar.
>>
>>28701279
>19
>at uni for something prestigous that I would enjoy
>working minimum wage slave job with no friends, no gf
>>

I planned to leave my country and go for a Nordic one to get a well paid job in engineering and lose my virginity to a blonde.

I did it.
>>
>>28702324
the expression is "from here on out" you fat fuck
>>
>>28702369

You must have very interesting opinions of music. Please share what you like and what you dont like and why you like it. What paths did you follow, etc.
>>
>>28703222

Ass hurt roastie detected. Pissed you don't get to spend a single penny of my millions?

HOW DARE THIS MAN BE HAPPY AND NOT HAVE A WIFE AND KIDS HE SPEND ALL HIS TIME AND MONEY ON.
>>
>OP is me
feels bad
>>
File: 1455323224142.jpg (49 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1455323224142.jpg
49 KB, 600x450
>>28701279
>20
>Essentially based all my desires on american stereotypes I saw from growing up with TV even though I'm British, the ideals I held for the future and my location did not synergise to say the least, I wanted to be some kind of tall, smart, self-sufficient respected, mysterious badass who can pull women whenever he likes, I also wanted a close group of friends to go on misadventures with and always look out for eachother
>No real qualifications friendless turbo-manlet KV NEET, haven't left the house in weeks
>>
>>28703366
>20

cry me a river faggot, let me know when your 30
>>
>>28701581
So you can listen to the most basic entry level post-rock together?
>>
>>28701279
>22
>I wanted to go to college to pursue music
>I am a machine technician/web designer and play music on the side
>>
Holy shit this thread is still alive.

Origami.
>>
>22
>15, thought i would finishing a major in some dumb liberal arts shit at a local college because of my garbage grades, but expected college to change me and make me relatively popular at least
>one semester behind finishing a major in tech field with a minor in dumb liberal arts shit so i can still jerk it to my own pretention. at nationally ranked university. relatively popular but i'm still a shut-in so lowkey resent this at times when i just want to play jrpgs and live in a cave. gave up on my quest to become a wizard but still love the 2d

feels pretty aight
>>
File: thisiswhy.jpg (186 KB, 500x483) Image search: [Google]
thisiswhy.jpg
186 KB, 500x483
>19
>I don't remember how I envisioned my future, I was getting in a lot of trouble back in those days so it's possible I just didn't have time to think about it
>mentally ill addict NEET who supports himself with criminal activities

what a surprise
>>
>20
>I thought I would be attending medical school and having a happy fulfilling life
>attending medical school and contemplating suicide every night
Life just sucks bros
>>
>21
>thought i would of been moved out of my parents with a friend
>still in with parents in a wheelchair friendless
>>
File: 1452452819171.png (34 KB, 326x367) Image search: [Google]
1452452819171.png
34 KB, 326x367
>>28701279
> 21
> age 14.. i honestly don't remember, always kinda wanted to do STEM or become race car driver
> doing really well in school which is the only thing i can apparently do well in, doesn't end up mattering because i blow up at interviews
>>
>>28701279
Hi Unty, idk if you know the person in the picture or not but i can assure you her name isn't christine :)
>>
I thought I'd have a girlfriend by now
>>
File: 1426906977877.gif (333 KB, 375x286) Image search: [Google]
1426906977877.gif
333 KB, 375x286
>>28701279
>22
>at 15 thought I would be an electrical engineer by now with all my old friends, maybe be living on my own

>now I'm a wage slave who self medicates with drugs and alcohol
>only happiness comes from substances
>>
File: 1439917066685.png (762 KB, 786x576) Image search: [Google]
1439917066685.png
762 KB, 786x576
>>28702369
>when the anon is you
fuck man.
>>
>>28702369
Goddamn. We should just make a suicide pact. Compensate for out individual weakness by latching onto someone that can take the initiative.

>>28708621
How do you know that?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.