[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on Trump. I'm a big fan of a lot of what he says.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 16
File: image.jpg (236 KB, 746x746) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
236 KB, 746x746
Redpill me on Trump. I'm a big fan of a lot of what he says. But, how likely is it that he'll actually be able to implement his plans?
>>
Why do people come on this board and say "redpill me on?" This board houses a bunch of shutin NEET losers who are some of the most uninformed people I have ever seen online and are also incredibly driven by their own stupid agendas and flaws.
>>
He will be just like every president

Big promises, speaks like everything will change, then does nothing once he's in the white house
>>
>Trump has no real political experience.
>Trump has business experience yes but,
>Political experience =/=Business experience
>He's had so many failed ventures.
>He know's good god damn well if you want to succeed you better tell the people what they want to hear
>Has flip flopped words and stances like any other politician left or right.
>Says illegal immigrants are bad but, has used them to make his resorts.
>Being a good businessman/millionaire means that you had to stab people(s) in the back. To get and maintain that status.

All in all, Not one of these people running for president are good. But, I'll take Trump over Hilary any day.
>>
>>28700028
>I'm a big fan of a lot of what he says.
In politics you're supposed to judge a a candidate through their record of policy decisions. Trump has no record of policy decisions. How do you know he's going to follow through with the things he promises?

You trust him? Why? Why would you trust a man who has nothing to lose by doing whatever he wants? The goodness of his heart? Obama broke most of his campaign promises and he ran for two terms. Trump says that he funds his own campaign, that simply means that he doesn't have to listen to anybody when it comes to making decisions.

You've been brainwashed into thinking that money in politics is evil, but it's one of the important ways that both corporations AND GROUPS OF CITIZENS influence the people in power. Martin luther king was a lobbyist, technically. The ACLU uses money to influence decisions that do things like protecting your right to free speech through the first amendment.

Trump's biggest selling point is that nobody has control over him. I suppose that makes him a good "leader" but what about a representative? What about representing your views? If he's so opposed to compromising then if you have any qualms with his decisions you're fucked.
>>
Do you want to line up non-whites in the street and put bullets in their heads? Then vote Trump.

Do you not want to do that?

Then kill yourself, you liberal cuck.
>>
>>28700028
Is this how /pol/ takes over a board?

First it was communist shills now it's "redpills"?
>>
>>28700576
/pol/ literally coordinates to push their agenda onto pretty much all boards.

What do you expect?
>>
File: 1456029161199.png (237 KB, 1269x700) Image search: [Google]
1456029161199.png
237 KB, 1269x700
Put it this way, you have a choice between two candidates:

Clinton
>neocon payed for and subservient entirely to the interests of donors that consist of multinational banks and corporations
>probably going to start a war with china or russia
>going to be Obama: version 2.0 essentially
>MUH VAGINA
>want to take it loads of migrants from both mexico and ME/NA
>expect drastic increases in petty leftist social justice retardation to give the illusion that "progress" is occurring

Trump
>self-funded (until recently) billionaire that's tossed around the idea of running for political office since the 80s when he claimed he might run if "things got too bad"
>civic nationalist who's for prioritizing the well-being of the American people over the interests of other nations, corporations, or foreign entities
>economic protectionist for imposing tariffs on foreign goods and creating incentives for companies to keep manufacturing and service jobs in the US and penalizing those who do not
>wants to build a fuck huge wall to prevent America from becoming brown (read: third world) again
>against accepting retarded influxes of third world migrants from elsewhere and getting into a fuckup like Germany

As for whether or not he would actually get shit done, who knows. But he's a better option than Shillary.
>>
File: 1458014253000.jpg (47 KB, 500x476) Image search: [Google]
1458014253000.jpg
47 KB, 500x476
>>28700625
yep you got us, we make secret plots to subvert all boards, it TOTALLY can't be that our ideas are more sensible and in-line with reality than your tripe at all!
>>
>>28700028
He is le hitler XD

What I hate against this Jewish funded smear campaign against trump is that the lefty cucks always say shit like this:
Trump: make America great again

"Hitler did that! Hitler did that! mr Goldstein told me that! What they're arguing is that both hitler and trump planned on improving the wellbeing of their countries and these liberals lack the self awareness to attack a slogan like that
>>
He's a fucking chad
>>
Most normies I know hate him, so he's got my vote.
>>
Will Trump realistically be able to do anything if he is elected?

Presidents typically have a hard time getting much done with the opposing party trying to stop them every step of the way, but Trump will have both parties against him. Which of his policies will he definitely be able to pass?
>>
File: 1433787926542.jpg (100 KB, 610x395) Image search: [Google]
1433787926542.jpg
100 KB, 610x395
>>28700659
>tfw listening to /pol/ make the statement that secret plots of subversion are ridiculous
>>
>>28700659
I don't give a shit about your ideas, stop pushing them onto boards that aren't political. Keep your cancer on your own board
>>
File: 1381108005973.jpg (62 KB, 427x480) Image search: [Google]
1381108005973.jpg
62 KB, 427x480
>>28700764
>tfw responding to a bluepilled retard with a frighteningly insane lack of reading comprehension
>>
>>28700028
if you actually think trump is good kill yourself

seriously listen a single speech of his and you should cringe. he is a pandering clown
>>
>>28700028
Presidential candidates all promise shit, but at the end of the day it's stupid and meaningless because they aren't the ones making laws - congress is.
>>
>>28700305
No one ever follows through with what they promise and never have. We need to pot to be stirred to an extreme degree however and that's why I support him. Don't get me wrong, it's very unlikely I'll vote, but I like that he doesn't come from a political background.
>inb4 you get all asspained and call me an idiot/illogical/whatever else
I just don't care after 9/11.
>>
File: 1445934795306.jpg (14 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1445934795306.jpg
14 KB, 300x250
>>28700784
>muh cancer
>ie: ideas I don't agree with

Haha just walk away from the screen like nigga close your eyes haha
>>
>>28700028
Very little chance he will be able to implement anything, but even less of a chance he really means anything he says.
>>
File: pro-trump-globalism.png (238 KB, 598x313) Image search: [Google]
pro-trump-globalism.png
238 KB, 598x313
History t b h

Literally breaking the globalist tide.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/kerry-slams-trumps-wall-tells-grads-to-prepare-for-borderless-world/article/2590596
>>
>>28700835
>pandering
Not as much as everyone else now and even before him 2bh.
>>
>>28700844
>We need to pot to be stirred to an extreme degree

Then focus on congress. The house and senate are ALWAYS the biggest obstacles to pushing legisation, not the president. People seem to forget every 4 years that the president doesn't draft legislation; only the legislative branch can do that. We can FIX EVERYTHING if people elected the right representatives but nobody wants to put the effort into electing the right people for the smaller positions.

I already know why it's like this. It's because people are too lazy to look up their representatives or even send an email. You could have organized a group to harass your state's senator regarding ____ law that you disagree with but you don't. You just shill for a guy who isn't gonna change anything.
>>
>>28700028
>how likely is it that he'll actually be able to implement his plans?

Almost zero. The guy is an expert marketer and he knew how to get the Republican base excited.

Watch what happens when he pivots to the general public for the general election. He's going to sound a lot softer.
>>
File: 1411053315175.jpg (155 KB, 1212x1005) Image search: [Google]
1411053315175.jpg
155 KB, 1212x1005
>>28700916
>using the word "globalist" unironically
>>
File: Trump lol 1.jpg (820 KB, 1500x1001) Image search: [Google]
Trump lol 1.jpg
820 KB, 1500x1001
>>28700117

>Good. He's not a part of the establishment.
>He has executive experience as a CEO. Being a leader is less about specific domain knowledge and more about managing people. So politics and business doesn't make too much of a difference. He'll have political advisers just like CEO's have business-related advisers.
>He has well over 500 successful ventures and about 7 failed ones. In a few of those failed ones he recovered from the situation remarkably well.
>Trump fans understand he won't be able to keep 100% of his promises, no politician can. But if he accomplishes at least 50% of what he promised he'd go down as one of the greatest Presidents in US history. He can do that.
>Trump didn't flipflop on NAFTA, immigration, and economic-related policies which are the meat and potatoes of his campaign. Often the so-called flip-flops are just the media lying and saying that he did or him changing his stance as new facts arise (Not based on popularity) which is a good thing.
>The guy who hired illegals was a contractor who did it behind Trump's back and Trump fired him. Trump was never involved in hiring illegals.
>Traditional businessmen of his caliber don't usually stab backs. His name is important so he's been good to his people. He was there for Miss USA when she got busted for drugs. He was there for Mike Tyson when everyone abandoned him. He was there for Corey Lewandowski when any other politician would've dropped him like a hot potato. Businessmen he's worked with like his top execs and Carl Icahn (His future Secretary of State) love the guy. There are dozens of stories out there of him doing great things.
>>
>>28700846
It's because your ideas are POLITICAL

I don't want to see POLITICAL shit on boards that aren't POLITICAL.

You're welcome to have your beliefs, just keep them on the POLITICAL board.
>>
>>28700930
WE ARE GONNA BUILD A WALL AND HAVE MEXICO PAY FOR IT

that is not gonna happen. fucking stupid
>>
>>28700846
Really trying hard to repost some normie tweet eh? I have a great thesis for someone like yourself; firstly close all the Windows in your room, then leave your gas oven on and then finally (the most important step) light a match.
>>
>>28700943
Alright, point taken, I understand what you're saying.
>>
>>28700995
t."""""Mexican"""""

t."""""American"""""
>>
>>28700995
Uh yeah, that's the reason why I said no one ever follows through on what they propose. I'm still onboard completely with Trump.
>>
File: 1455347868809.jpg (52 KB, 574x353) Image search: [Google]
1455347868809.jpg
52 KB, 574x353
>>28700976
If a thread with political themes pops up, then it's completely permissible to make politically themed posts. R9k is such a board that these threads are allowed. I hate anime but I don't sperg out every time an anime thread pops up.

>>28701000
HAHA NICE ONE, NOTHIN PERSONNEL KID AM I RIGHT?! *tips antiquated hat and smirks*
>>
>>28701092
Fuck that was impressive, couldn't have asked for a better response then a hastily written poorly spelled meME to shut me up, great job son 10/10.
>>
File: La Trump 1.png (199 KB, 435x431) Image search: [Google]
La Trump 1.png
199 KB, 435x431
>>28700964

Billionaire and richest hedge fund manager George Soros is doing public interviews and releasing articles where he openly admits to being a globalist (Or in his words Open Society). He admits to backing destabilization efforts across multiple countries openly. He's also funneling a lot of money towards presidential campaigns and his organizations are all over this election.

It ain't a conspiracy anymore.
>>
File: 1463348092126.jpg (34 KB, 680x591) Image search: [Google]
1463348092126.jpg
34 KB, 680x591
Trump barely understands how America's economy works and thinks free trade is bad because muh factory workers, even though most of America's work force is in the service industry and thus can't be outsourced in the same way that a steel mill can. If there's anyone who should be angry about NAFTA, it should be the Mexicans, because we're definitely getting the better end of that deal. The kinds of jobs we lost to them aren't the jobs that would bring us long-term growth and development. He also believes that the unemployment rate is upwards of 30%, which makes me think he slept through Econ 101 and forgot what the definition of unemployment is.

If there was a time to stop outsourcing, it passed some 40 years ago. Protectionism will not work.
>>
>>28700665
ARE YOU KIDDING ME
origami
>>
>>28701357
>Most of America's workforce is in the service industry
>this is a good thing
>Trump wants to bring America back the manufacturing companies that left after NAFTA
>this is a bad thing
KILL YOURSELF REETARD
>>
>>28700028
He's a populist.
Populists talk big but make a bigger mess than whatever got them into office in the first place.
Other well known populists include:
>Sanders
>Hitler
>Lenin
>Pol-Pot
>Mao

Well, you get the idea, right?
>>
File: Bill_Wilson-0.jpg (79 KB, 716x768) Image search: [Google]
Bill_Wilson-0.jpg
79 KB, 716x768
>>28701477
>most of China's workforce is in manufacturing
>most of Belgium's workforce is in the service industry
Who do you think has the better standard of living, faggot?
>>
>>28701565
>Implying China hasn't majorly improved since it stole our manufacturing jobs
LITERALLY KEKOLDING
>Look at belgium!
Is that even a country?
>>
>>28701537

Comparing Trump to Hitler is more of a compliment than an insult on 4chan, shill
>>
>>28700736
Depends on how well Republicans will be willing to play nice with him
>>
>>28701653
So what?
Hitler still ruined Germany and got into office and subsequently into the position of a totalitarian dictator by making big promises and fearmongering, so he very is a valid example.
>>
I've been hearing a lot of ''will the president be able to do this or that'' lately, from both sides, the media, and just people. I'm a realist, and I realize our government is a divided one, where not all proposed legislation is enacted, but the thought that the Head of State is expected to have little to no impact in governing the country, especially going into an election, is pretty wearisome. This point of view seems to be implying Americans should get used to the idea of an even more impotent and feckless leader.
>>
>>28701630
China's quality of life has definitely gone up but there are also some bad parts of modernization. The most obvious one I can think of is pollution. The air in some Chinese cities is so bad it's like smoking a pack of cigarettes every day. Also, it limits your visibility to the point that you can barely see your hand in front of you.
Thankfully that can be avoided through pollution laws/business regulations but we all know that those would only inhibit economic growth.
Not to mention that economic growth doesn't necessarily benefit all citizens equally.
>>
I think he's driving harder on policies than he really believes so that he has a place to negotiate down from with the other side of the aisle. He'll still remain within the spirit of what he's saying now, but it probably won't be as extreme when the details are worked out.
>>
>>28701630
By your logic, a nation of factory workers is better off than a nation of lawyers, doctors, and scientists. Kill yourself, pleb.
>>
>>28700968
Unrelated to your political opinion your idolization of Donald Trump really makes it clear you're a moron. If you really think a president is going to fix this country you'd better read a fucking history book or hope there's a full on civil war.
>>
>>28700028

>Pro domestic spying
>Wants to kill terrorist families
>pro torture
>Flip flopping on muslim ban
>Literally just saying whatever he can to get elected

He says a lot of really great things, particularly with wanting to re purpose NATO and most things having to do with foreign policy.

Also the wall is not going to happen. Everyone in congress is going to hate him. I'd imagine him throwing a fit and jumping all over executive order when congress doesn't bend over for him. Probably will give the same speel Obama gives, with how incompetant congress is.so he has to use executive order.
>>
>>28702568
By your logic, a nation of burger-salesman is better than a nation of lawers....herr durr
>>
>>28703244
I suddenly realize I am arguing with a retard who doesn't even know what a 'service-based economy' means. Although I admit I did kind of garble the terminology a bit, it's been a long night.
>>
it doesn't actually matter who's president

the people who are predicting DOOMSDAY or the "death of america" if trump gets elected are idiots

the vast majority of our lives will be the same after a term or 2 terms of trump as president, the presidency is almost just a figurehead

so why not elect the guy who's gonna walk in and throw a chair across the room?
>>
>>28703286
I wasnt that other dude...enlighten us please. I wanna know how my $32/hr factory job is worse than a $7 mcdonalds job....i'll wait...i'm on overtime so its actually $46/hour while you compose a response...
>>
>>28700028
>But, how likely is it that he'll actually be able to implement his plans?

It doesn't matter. The President is largely a figurehead. You don't vote for president to implement a policy, unless you're an idiot who doesn't understand how law works.
>>
>>28703340
The global economy is better off when toothless Chinese peasants can make the same thing for $0.25 an hour.
>>
>>28703367
So what are we voting for then? The guy (or woman) with the best personality?
>>
>>28703321
>Ha, you think I'd form a rational political opinion? They're all puppets bro.

Pseudo-intellectuals who throw out hollow aphorisms to justify their shitty stances are the worst. Why even contribute to the discussion?

The reason I'm interested in this election as a non-American is the cultural implications it has. I love that Trump's America First rhetoric has Latinos, Whites and Blacks defending him because they identify as Americans over their race. So much has been said and done by "them" to keep you divided and fighting each other. Trump really has the potential to erase that and bring some national unity.
>>
>>28700659
>WE TALK LOUDER THEREFORE OUR IDEAS ARE MORE GOODER

fuckin kek.
>>
>>28700028
>But, how likely is it that he'll actually be able to implement his plans?
The Mexican and the Muslim shit can happen on day one with an executive order. Getting the illegals out would just be enforcing the law as it's written and the president has to ability to bar groups from entering the country. Same with the wall, I believe.
>>
>>28703470
Uhhhh...i don't give a fuck about chinese. We're talking about murica here...
>>
>le president doesn't actually do anything meme

So President Butt Naked hasn't given us Obamacare and fag marriage like he said he was going to?
>>
>>28703561
I don't see how lower prices isn't good for America.

Look, I understand the anger a lot of people feel about outsourcing. But trying to force the market to keep jobs in one spot will just lead to inefficiency and high prices. If Trump really cared about these workers, he'd promise to fund programs designed to help workers develop new skills and get new, perhaps better, jobs - programs similar to what we had under FDR/LBJ, which led to steady economic growth and high wages. But instead of presenting actual solutions, he's just riling voters up with meaningless slogans.
>>
>>28703823
You are correct, but most people in this country aren't ever gonna be programmers or doctors or whatever. Until we get our population under control (which is the real problem here) we need high paying jobs that create revenue for the gov to pay for all these programs that the dems luv. I just wish they loved mandatory sterilization as much as they like giving out food stamps for KFC.
>>
>>28700069
This is the first redpill thread ive been in because of your exact statement.

Some people do just love to talk though so i leave them be.
>>
File: 1462907870195.png (403 KB, 771x662) Image search: [Google]
1462907870195.png
403 KB, 771x662
>>28703946
>attempt to make a constructive response
>responded to with /pol/ garbage and memes
>>
>>28703823

It might not be forever true that there's always a better job to move up to once a shittier one is outsourced/automated.
>>
>>28701824
>China's quality of life has definitely gone up

no it definitely hasnt. started writing a full on essay but gave up just look it up beyond that one buzzfeed article where you read all those other facts
>>
>>28704014
Whelp...can't beat that rebuttal...you win!
>>
File: Trump Meme 5.png (1 MB, 608x1930) Image search: [Google]
Trump Meme 5.png
1 MB, 608x1930
>>28702625
"He won't run"
"He won't last longer than a month or two"
"He won't beat Jeb and the Bush Machine!"
"He won't beat the Koch Brothers!"
"He won't win with the conservative and liberal media machine against him!"
"He won't beat Marco Rubio!"
"He won't beat Cruz and Kasich!"
"He won't win the nomination!"
"He'll stay far below Hillary until November!"
"He won't unite the Republican party!"

I was a former Trump skeptic myself. Like you I thought he was a joke and stood no chance. But I looked into him and saw his ideas, his ability to win, and his character and I became a loyal Trumper.

He brought together moderate Republicans like Christie and diehard Conservatives like Jeff Sessions. He's doing well with the white working/middle class and is getting unusual black support for a Republican and unusual latino support as well (Except W. Bush, he did better). Hell even Democrats in Congress right now are openly stating that they'll work with him if he wins. The guys a unifier. He gets stuff done. If you don't believe me then just watch.

Will he make this country a utopia or fulfill 100% of what he said he'd do? No. But he'll definitely make it great.
>>
>>28700028
Highly unlikely. He'll be assassinated soon anyway.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.